Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most Overrated Films Of All Time

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Hmmmmm, I loved Moulin Rouge. Even more than the wife. :shootself

Can I nominate 'Russian Ark' please? I usually have a soft spot for films that arty critics like, but it was the most boring hour and a half I've ever wasted.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
American Beauty.
As much as Kevin Spacey is class and Mena Suvari is fit, its just very very dull. Deconstructing the american middle class psyche my arse.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
One of the films I dislike the most is Robin Hood Prince of Theives. f***ing terrible.

NOt seen Moulin Rouge but along similar lines I was forced to watch Chicago which was apalling.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The most overrated film of all-time = Forrest Gump.

Absolute sugary, sentimental Yank bollocks.

"Life is like a box of chocolates". Yes, and this film was the sickly-sweet coffee cream that you give to the dog.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
For me "Withnail and I!"

I just dont get the supposed hillarious scenes in it!!

:nono:

*I did find Dumb and Dumber funny however, which shows my level of intelligence*

:lolol:

onlyaboho

Oct 4, 2004
Oh, another one - "Adaptation" with Nicholas Cage.

Toss.
Big time.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Pavilionaire said:
The most overrated film of all-time = Forrest Gump.

Absolute sugary, sentimental Yank bollocks.

"Life is like a box of chocolates". Yes, and this film was the sickly-sweet coffee cream that you give to the dog.

Hear hear -it's CRAP

I would also like to nominate The Green Mile as the biggest load of tosh I have ever seen. I was pissing myself laughing at its god awful cheesiness.

Earlier films that got good write ups but were awful included The Abyss (the abysmal more like) and Outbreak. Utter wank

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You lot are a bunch of muppets

Artificial Intelligence 8.5 out of 10 - watch it again, oh and buy the way they are not aliens at the end.

Forrest Gump - 8.5 out of 10 - excellent film, whats yer problem

Titanic - 8 out of 10, trendy to slag this off but it is a great film

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Titanic has reasonably good effects, but its a load of over sentimental americanised bollocks as a film

Withnail and I is pure class. the only person I've met who didnt like it waas a racist bigot of a chelsea fan

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
fatbadger said:
Citizen Kane.

Oh, and Titanic. I know everybody with a brain thinks it is totally shit - but it is much, much worse than that.

Hate the film Titanic with passion, mainly because of the way that it portrayed virtually all the British passengers and crew to be complete arseholes, whilst all the good guys were American.

As for overated films, Dirty Dancing! I felt I needed to see this film at the time (when I was about 14-15) as most of the girls at my school seemed to be continuosly quoting bits out of the film to each other, particularly the 'come here loverboy' bit, wtf was that all about? I know it's a classic chick flic but it's still a pile of **** IMHO.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Easy 10 said:
Moulin Rouge is a total chick flick. No self-respecting GEEZER would ever enjoy that pile of ponce.

Oooops... thought i was so good I got the DVD.....:wave:

Blair witch was awful!!!!! and Star Wars part one was the first time that I fought for a tciket and then left half way through

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here