Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most memorable gig at the Brighton Centre

Gotta say last night The Killers made themselves number one in my list of best bands at the BC.
Worst ever was Frankie Goes To Hollywood.
Also saw Bill Hicks perform there in the Hewison Hall. Best comedy ever from someone who was more rock n roll than most bands.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Most of the gigs there were memorable in one way or another.

Memorable (Good)
1. The Clash - early eighties, Strummer with mohican punk:
2. The Tubes - outrageous US seventies glam rockers. Quality show!
3. Oasis - tho v.subdued performance, week after Liam got his teeth knocked out in Germany or Italy and they were just doing the minimum to stop being sued by the promoters
4. Kasabian - first time around
5. Faithless - about two years back. Gorgeous :love:
6. Primal Scream - Xtrmntr tour, guest list YAY!

Memorable (Bad)

1. Kylie - last ever time I went to a gig with my bruv who died a couple months later. Watched from the disabled section which was different Longest two hours of me life. Just wanted to run out and not look back. Tho the git doted on her, left a whole load of stuff on the door for signing which I then had to go and retrieve from two bored and piss-taking security guards at the weekend
2. Joan Armatrading - :blush: the ex-missus MADE me :down:

Memorable (Other)

1. Bruce Stringsteen - never actually went. Had tickets for the original date, but when BS rescheduled it I had a major flounce and gave the ticket away to a girl at work :down:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Tom Hark said:
1. Bruce Stringsteen - never actually went. Had tickets for the original date, but when BS rescheduled it I had a major flounce and gave the ticket away to a girl at work :down:

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Whatever possessed you to do that?

As for the topic, I've never so much set foot inside the Brighton Centre in myself, so I can't add an opinion I'm afraid.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bob Marley
Meatloaf
Stranglers

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I must admit I've only seen one gig there, Alice Cooper/Twisted Sister in November 2005.

Made a contrast for the last time I was in the BC, for the TUC conference in September of that year!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
¡Cereal Killer! said:
Green Day punk:

The only gig I have been to at the Brighton Centre.

Im soooo tempted to stump up £40 to go see The War of the Worlds though

When's that then?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Oasis, supported by Ride and the Las was a top night at the same time that Whatever had been beaten to Christmas number one by East 17 I think it was.

One that really stands out is the Flaming Lips about 3 or 4 years ago, only about 2/3 full but the atmosphere and the good vibes in there was brilliant.

James and the manics on a few different occasions always put on a good show.

And saturday nights Killers gig comes pretty close.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here