Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More On Leon Knight

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
eastlondonseagull said:

"Had a bit of unsubstantiated information this morning and if its true we will be well rid of him...... if its true i would support 100% this time. If this breaks god help this club."

and...

"If the rumours ive heard are true,then he is on his way out ,and we are well rid. Jakett is trying to keep all inhouse,but the press have hold of the facts,and its only a matter of time before its all out.Knight may not be alone on his way out either!! Get them out before they damage the club further."

I SO want to know what the little prick has done now. Its obviously beyond his usual showing off and bitch-slapping.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has Leon got himself a little clique that will need to be broken up as well ???

So wanted to see him run the shoebox gauntlet, unlikley to happen now as his career continues to go downhill :down:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Gwylan said:
There are plenty of deluded people on here who thought that the problem with LK was all McGhee's fault - they seem to be keeping a bit quiet today.:lolol:
:clap: :clap: well said,havent the time to search back all the people moaning that mm is in the wrong

empire said:
:clap: :clap: well said,havent the time to search back all the people moaning that mm is in the wrong

And this was the issue that started all the questions on NSC of McGhee's supposed man management failures :dunce:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
London Irish said:
And this was the issue that started all the questions on NSC of McGhee's supposed man management failures :dunce:

Yes, I wonder what Trigger/Goring Gull/Uncle Buck/Ernest/3Gulls to name but a handful have to say on these developments ?

I'm not saying I/We Told You So but is there any chance you might admit that your accusations were a trifle hasty now ?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Yes, I wonder what Trigger/Goring Gull/Uncle Buck/Ernest/3Gulls to name but a handful have to say on these developments ?

I'm not saying I/We Told You So but is there any chance you might admit that your accusations were a trifle hasty now ?

To fair Frank, I did post a while back (granted after he had gone) that McGhee was correct to sell Knight as he was being disruptive, so I am not surprised to see this happen again.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Uncle Buck said:
To fair Frank, I did post a while back (granted after he had gone) that McGhee was correct to sell Knight as he was being disruptive, so I am not surprised to see this happen again.

I beg your pardon. I in turn admit that I too thought that in the end McGhee had overstayed his welcome, although not over Leon Knight.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Uncle Buck said:
I think with the Knight thing, once bits starting coming out, most people did agree he had to go.

Oh yes, agreed, my problem was the hysterical way some people on here bitched about it. There were obviously a lot of factors involved with our current plight but as you know some people decided it was virtually all down to one person. Whether the two DWs do a better job remains to be seen but after Saturday I think they need a bit more latitude than some were giving them seven says ago.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Oh yes, agreed, my problem was the hysterical way some people on here bitched about it. There were obviously a lot of factors involved with our current plight but as you know some people decided it was virtually all down to one person. Whether the two DWs do a better job remains to be seen but after Saturday I think they need a bit more latitude than some were giving them seven says ago.

The problem we currently face (sorry writing about football today) is that with a team as young as ours is we will be very inconsistent.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
eastlondonseagull said:
Toys, pram, Leon. The three are inseparable.
I thought the whole point was to do with how regularly Leon does separate his toys from his pram...

Last edited:

Uncle Buck said:

That's not quite the full story is it? You still blamed McGhee for the problem arising in the first place, or being allowed to get out of hand, without giving any convincing explanation about what McGhee could have done.

I think it's perfectly clear now that any manager who manages to cope with Leon Knight in their squad for two and a half years deserves some kind of medal from the Football League.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
That's not quite the full story is it? You still blamed McGhee for the problem arising in the first place, or being allowed to get out of hand, without giving any convincing explanation about what McGhee could have done.

I think it's perfectly clear now that any manager who manages to cope with Leon Knight in their squad for two and a half years deserves some kind of medal from the Football League.

Look this is the non-bullying thread so hop over to the other one, whilst I talk to Frank, there's a good fella.

Nothing like hijacking a thread.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck said:
Look this is the non-bullying thread so hop over to the other one, whilst I talk to Frank, there's a good fella.

Nothing like hijacking a thread.

You deny saying that McGhee handled the Leon Knight situation badly then? Don't you think there's a problem that people on here might remember your thousands of posts on the subject? :D

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Don't you think there's a problem that people on here might remember your thousands of posts on the subject? :D

Typical group bullying mentality exhibited here me thinks. Picking on people for no reason, trying to align people on your side against one person. Very bad, very very bad:nono: :nono:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
You deny saying that McGhee handled the Leon Knight situation badly then? Don't you think there's a problem that people on here might remember your thousands of posts on the subject? :D

Steve, Steve, Steve, go away.

On a serious note I have said before that the club were right to off load Knight and McCammon as they were disruptive. What I questioned was whether more could have been done to stop things getting to the stage where they had to go. But in hindsight it looks like that was not possible as is panning out at Swansea.

Still I am sure you will somehow paint me as a liar, cheat, fraud, chicken worryier and Tory voter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here