Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More On Leon Knight

The Complete Badger said:
You reckon? I know Knight is a complete nightmare, and any manager in the world must surely know it will end badly should they sign him. But, he has scored 19 goals in 25 games for Swansea. I think someone actually quite good would be prepared to take him on, and hope he can do a job for a short while, such as a team looking for promotion or stay up this season. He is obviously not a long-term team player, but who's to say someone at the very top of our league won't take him on and keep him happy for 6 months? I'm thinking Bristol City, Forest or the like in this league, or maybe even a bottom half Championship team.

We'll see - I don't think in a million years he'll be taken on by successful clubs because of all the team spirit problems he has created at Swansea, but desperate clubs may want him as a last throw of the dice, and it's conceivable that one of them could be a relegation club in the Championship.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
How can a player be transfer-listed months before the transfer window opens? How would that work?

:shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You reckon? I know Knight is a complete nightmare, and any manager in the world must surely know it will end badly should they sign him. But, he has scored 19 goals in 25 games for Swansea. I think someone actually quite good would be prepared to take him on, and hope he can do a job for a short while, such as a team looking for promotion or stay up this season. He is obviously not a long-term team player, but who's to say someone at the very top of our league won't take him on and keep him happy for 6 months? I'm thinking Bristol City, Forest or the like in this league, or maybe even a bottom half Championship team.

Actually I think he's more than suited to the top of the Championship. Dave Jones and Peter Taylor, start fighting over this GREAT aquisition NOW.

:jester:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905

But the short term solution has long term consequences whoever signs him in that he will leave a dressing room behind at loggerheads with each other as he has done with both us and Swansea. It only takes one to openly flout rules and as soon as he is seen to get away with it then others who previously held their tongue see this and join in.

It will probably take a manager with a greater ego and the history of achieving to match to perhaps get the better of him.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I just posted this on the Swansea Evening Post's site, but it's not come up yet. Most of the people on there are calling for Kenny Jackett's head. Strange how Leon often manages to split the fans....

Toys, pram, Leon. The three are inseparable. It's happened at EVERY club he's been at.

Lazy, arrogant, he'll score you a few goals at first and elevate himself to a hard-done-by hero, but then the real Leon surfaces. His over-inflated sense of self-importance ALWAYS shoots himself in the foot.

Learn to have some humility, Leon, and you might actually do something with your career.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think it is damn near impossible to predict what will happen now. As LI says some struggling Championship club or L1 club with pretensions may come in for him. However he may struggle given that his reputation must now be lower than a snakes belly. I for one hope he ends up in Lge 2. Not sure it will happen though.

The Laughing Bluebird said:
How can a player be transfer-listed months before the transfer window opens? How would that work?

:shrug:

Loan and then permanent in the window?

Edit - UB beat me to it.

Last edited:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
eastlondonseagull said:
I just posted this on the Swansea Evening Post's site, but it's not come up yet. Most of the people on there are calling for Kenny Jackett's head. Strange how Leon often manages to split the fans....

Toys, pram, Leon. The three are inseparable. It's happened at EVERY club he's been at.

Lazy, arrogant, he'll score you a few goals at first and elevate himself to a hard-done-by hero, but then the real Leon surfaces. His over-inflated sense of self-importance ALWAYS shoots himself in the foot.

Learn to have some humility, Leon, and you might actually do something with your career.

I posted something this morning along the lines that history seems to be repeating itself and the fans comments seem to be split exactly along the lines they are arguing, which hasn't come up, I wonder if they are deliberately filtering out non Swansea fans comments.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Theatre of Trees said:
I posted something this morning along the lines that history seems to be repeating itself and the fans comments seem to be split exactly along the lines they are arguing, which hasn't come up, I wonder if they are deliberately filtering out non Swansea fans comments.

Think so. Unless what we wrote was deemed libellous.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
The latest post on the newspaper's website...wonder what he's done, the naughty boy :lolol:

"Had a bit of unsubstantiated information this morning and if its true we will be well rid of him, if we can get anyone else to take him off our hands. I hate Jackett and think he should have gone in the summer but if its true i would support 100% this time. If this breaks god help this club."

and...

"If the rumours ive heard are true,then he is on his way out ,and we are well rid. Jakett is trying to keep all inhouse,but the press have hold of the facts,and its only a matter of time before its all out.Knight may not be alone on his way out either!! Get them out before they damage the club further.Apparently the team spirit was great on Saturday."

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
endroad.gif

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here