Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More On Leon Knight

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wozza said:
Anyway, back to the story...

(BBC)
"I'll just have to keep fit and either get a loan move out or look for a permanent transfer in January.

"I'll be all right. I'm sure I'll get another club and carry on scoring for them."

Un..f***ing...believable :ohmy:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Wozza said:
Anyway, back to the story...

(BBC)

Knight says he was surprised and disappointed by Jackett's decision, and denied rumours of unrest in the dressing room.

"Kenny says I didn't work hard enough and that I moan too much," Knight told BBC Sport Wales.

"We're all entitled to our opinions, but I'd say that my goal-scoring record says different. I moan because I'm a winner and it means so much to me.

"There have been all sorts of rumours in the media about fights in the dressing room, but I'm too old for all that. The players, fans and chairman have all been great here.

"I'll just have to keep fit and either get a loan move out or look for a permanent transfer in January.

"I'll be all right. I'm sure I'll get another club and carry on scoring for them."

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. Karl Marx - the bloke in Trufflehound's avatar - said that and this seems to prove it.

What a sad little man, with real problems, although somehow I just can't quite pity him either...

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
bhaexpress said:
Yes but by the same token I don't think LI has ever tried to make me look stupid

You just leave that to everyone else :wave:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Dick Knights Mumm said:
Girls, girls, girls. What do you lot look like ?

I am sure you all feel you making insightful comments - but you sound like catty teenage girls. With apologies to teenage girls.

I have some DVD's featuring teenage girls if anyone wants them.

Man of Harveys said:
History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. Karl Marx - the bloke in Trufflehound's avatar - said that and this seems to prove it.

What a sad little man, with real problems, although somehow I just can't quite pity him either...

Thing is, he was rewarded for his antics at Brighton with a nice signing on fee and probably a pay rise at Swansea.

If another club with another foolish board comes along like Swansea, then he wins again. Just as CKR did.

Sad, but football is so short-termist in its thinking from the fans in the stands to the chairman in the boardroom, who's to say he won't pull off this trick at least another 2 or 3 times?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To be fair to LI (and we do disagree a lot) he says what he does from the heart and because he genuinely feels it's best for the club we all love rather than any desire to make any particular individual look like a twat.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Lovely Leon's CV looks absolutely fantastic now, doesn't it? Within the space of a year he's been bombed out by a Championship club who were in the middle of a relegation battle and a League One club who are in the middle of a promotion campaign. And, on both occasions, he was the respective clubs' top scorer when he was given the elbow.

I think that tells any prospective employers all they need to know!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Tom Hark said:
He's never been the same since McGhee coached 20 goals a season out of him :nono:

Ah, at last the blame has been apportioned to the right man:lol:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Tom Hark said:
He's never been the same since McGhee coached 20 goals a season out of him :nono:

So is the mighty, much sought after McGhee back in charge of another club yet?

Wozza said:

"We're all entitled to our opinions"

I seem to remember that being his mantra whilst here....

Clearly the little prick is incapable of keeping his festering gob shut until engaging his brain.

Non-league trouble maker Leon Knight. Has a nice ring to it doesn't it?:lolol:

Last edited:

He is desparately unlucky to have been at BHA during McGoo's tenure, and now he finds he's got an over-sensitive manager at Swansea too!

If only he would be understood and his strengths played to, his goal tally would probably triple. It will take a smart manager from either the Championship or the Prem to deploy him among intelligent players, and he'll be the star he cannot be for these stiff-necked employers he's had the misfortune to find so far.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
NMH said:
He is desparately unlucky to have been at BHA during McGoo's tenure, and now he finds he's got an over-sensitive manager at Swansea too!

If only he would be understood and his strengths played to, his goal tally would probably triple. It will take a smart manager from either the Championship or the Prem to deploy him among intelligent players, and he'll be the star he cannot be for these stiff-necked employers he's had the misfortune to find so far.

Quite. Can be a surly little bugger to be sure. But SOME managers seem to be able to coax 25 goals a season out of him. Some people have short memories of what LK's goals did for the Albion. sure as hell wasn't anybody else ever going to put them away in that quantity (including Adam Virgo's freak spell when everything he belted went in from all over the place)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just cannot believe some people STILL think that its not Leon who is the problem, but the managers he plays for. It truley beggars belief. The facts of the matter are that he is a posionous, disruptive little shit, who knocks in a few goals and then thinks that gives him licence to do and say whatever the f*** he wants.

WAKE UP LEON - you are and always will be nothing more than a lower-division journeyman, not because of your skills, but because of your REEKING attitude.

A pathetically immature, odious individual.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
At least at Swansea away now the whole ground will be united in singing "Leon Kinght's a ******"!!!

Got to make it worth a day out just for that

Will be all the more fun if Leon is on loan to a conference team!

Martin Allen at MK Dons may well take him on and see it as something of a personal challenge to manage Knight on about a three inch lead so to speak

Or perhaps Sky Tv can send Big Ron out to some poor club, buy Leon Knight for them and film every tantrum that results!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
NMH said:

Whilst there are fools like you blaming everyone but the little shit there is hope that he will find another mug manager with similar delusions.

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
NMH said:

Macari, Turner & Holloway too?
I don't know was in charge at Chelsea and released him from there or else I would name them too.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
F.F.S.

NMH said:
madGhee coached the goals OUT of a natural scorer, and that has been proved now by his Swansea resurrection. Shame his little black ego is such a threat, he has earned his right to moan and express his frustrations.

knight's goal scoring record for us was based on his PENALTY scoring record playing against slow stupid lower league defenders!!!!!!

whe rarely got any in the championship and when we did HE MISSED.

he will always score at this level but we saw nothing in his first championship season to show he could step up against more intellegent oppposition.

the problem is HIS attitude.chelsea huddersfield qpr sheff wednesday us AND swansea cant all be wrong.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Easy 10 said:
I just cannot believe some people STILL think that its not Leon who is the problem, but the managers he plays for. It truley beggars belief. The facts of the matter are that he is a posionous, disruptive little shit, who knocks in a few goals and then thinks that gives him licence to do and say whatever the f*** he wants.

WAKE UP LEON - you are and always will be nothing more than a lower-division journeyman, not because of your skills, but because of your REEKING attitude.

A pathetically immature, odious individual.
I think you'll find THPP is on the Mother of All Wind Ups.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here