Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not for legal reason no.

It's a very interesting discussion.

They've also said clubs who own other clubs on the continent also have an advantage, for all the obvious reasons.

We don't though. Bloom owns them

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
not sure, but he won't get a permit to play in the EU ?

He should easily get a work permit.He needs 15 points and from what I understand he gets 7 points for playing the South American Champions League and 7 for playing first team in the League as well as getting points for playing for his country.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yeah, Bloom must be looking at a South American club.
Can imagine a lot of clubs 'buying' other teams all over the place.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He should easily get a work permit.He needs 15 points and from what I understand he gets 7 points for playing the South American Champions League and 7 for playing first team in the League as well as getting points for playing for his country.

But he wouldn't have got enough points under the old system as Ecuador aren't rated high enough.

As an aside.

GPott wouldn't have been able to bring his Swedish coach with him to Swansea and then onto here, under the new system.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Not quite, he plays in Ecuador so I don't think he gets any/many points for that. They'd be in Band 6.
Ecuador are also out of the top 50, so he doesn't get a huge amount of points for that either.
He does get decent points for the Libertadores appearances though.

It's pretty convoluted. You get a few points for making any first team appearance for a team in Band 1-6 (i.e any first division, plus a few second divisions) straight off the bat.

More here....
https://worldfootballindex.com/2020/12/work-permits-premier-league-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/

The jist is Brazilians and Argies are guaranteed WPs, Uruguayan's, Colombian's and Chilean's who've played internationally more than likely to, the rest is a bit touch and go.
This is all based on the last year, I believe. Caicedo has had an amazing year, literally coming from nowhere to being an International regular, so i suspect even if he doesn't get the points (because of where Ecuador are ranked) he'd get a WP on appeal.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
But he wouldn't have got enough points under the old system as Ecuador aren't rated high enough.

As an aside.

GPott wouldn't have been able to bring his Swedish coach with him to Swansea and then onto here, under the new system.

I saw that about the Swedish coach. We need to make South America our new hunting ground now the rules have changed. I notice Man City has already made their move with a new partnership with a South American team. Hopefully our connection with Indepnediente del Valle is our unofficial partnership.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Duncan Castle transfer podcast interesting says current position is

- bid of €5.5m accepted from us
- additional €1m commission agreed
- Plan is to loan to USG initially
- Was due to be done and dusted yesterday
- Newcastle came in with more money
- Issue with one of agents has surfaced as they are not registered with Ecuadorian FA and so deal stalled as Albion obviously want to avoid issues with deal further down line
- this has allowed a window for Newcastle to further their offer

Credible source and would explain the delay

https://twitter.com/duncancastles/status/1349056562111901700?s=21

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

- Issue with one of agents has surfaced as they are not registered with Ecuadorian FA and so deal stalled as Albion obviously want to avoid issues with deal further down line

I just don't believe Castles. It makes no sense for him to know that much IMHO.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I saw that about the Swedish coach. We need to make South America our new hunting ground now the rules have changed. I notice Man City has already made their move with a new partnership with a South American team. Hopefully our connection with Indepnediente del Valle is our unofficial partnership.

South America (and obs Africa) certainly won't be a new hunting ground.

I originally saw our 'random' transfers as

Jocko - Big win.
Tau - A deal that wipes it's face, maybe make a couple of million.
Arse - Bust.

C'est la vie just about a net plus.

Now it seems like:-

Jocko - Win with bags of potential.
Tau - Win
Arse - (possibly) Win by association.

It's as if the club know more about this shite than I do. :shrug:

Last edited:

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
South America certainly won't be a new hunting ground.

Jocko - Big win.
Arse - Bust.

Tau - Win

You realise that South Africa isn't in South America...? ???

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Not quite, he plays in Ecuador so I don't think he gets any/many points for that. They'd be in Band 6.
Ecuador are also out of the top 50, so he doesn't get a huge amount of points for that either.
He does get decent points for the Libertadores appearances though.

It's pretty convoluted. You get a few points for making any first team appearance for a team in Band 1-6 (i.e any first division, plus a few second divisions) straight off the bat.

More here....
https://worldfootballindex.com/2020/12/work-permits-premier-league-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/

Even if you go by that it says that Work Permit almost guaranteed for playing in Libertadores. On the video on this thread it says he gets the 7 points for playing Libertadores and im sure it says 7 for playing for a top team in Ecuador and he only needs 15 points. What ever the detail he said he should easily get a work permit.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
South America certainly won't be a new hunting ground.

Jocko - Big win.
Arse - Bust.

Tau - Win

Yeah it does feel like the club knows what its doing, especially when I heard Independente was considered similar to Ajax with their academy and we had kept good relations with them.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You appear to be labouring under the assumption that the two are mutually exclusive. They're not. There were enough rumours in the summer that we were in the market for ready-made strikers. We just couldn't land any of them (reasons unknown). Origi, Nunez, Dia.

Yes: it would be great (and, I would hope, the #1 priority for the recruitment team) to land a ready-made striker to enhance our team. We all know we need someone who can put away the chances we can create. I think that's all we need, one player: a Prem-ready instinctive striker with a decent conversion rate.

When it comes to our attacking stats:

- For shots taken, we're 7th.
- For goals scored, we're 12th.
- For "Big Chances Missed", we're 7th.

Then if we start combining some of those numbers:

- Big Chances Missed as a % of total shots, we're 9th.
- Goals scored as a % of total shots, we're 15th.
- Big Chances Missed as a % of goals scored, we're 5th.

There's devil in the detail, though:

- When it comes to teams who've missed more Big Chances than us, 3 of them are in the top 5 of the table: Liverpool, Man U, and Man C. Also with more Big Chances Missed than us is Chelsea.
- For Liverpool and Man U, however, it's not a problem - the number of BCM compared to goals is actually quite low (9th and 10th best in the league). They're putting so many shots in, they can afford to be a little wasteful from time to time. They make up for missed Big Chances with other goal scoring opportunities being converted.
- For Man C and (to a lesser extent) Chelsea, it's also not a (relegation) problem, but for different reasons. Man C's full-season stats look very similar to ours (if not worse). But their failure is intermittent: some games they are wasteful, others they are clinical. We, on the other hand, are just wasteful.

From the stats I'm looking at, we have no trouble creating chances. We're right up there. But we are also, easily, one of the most wasteful teams when it comes to converting the chances. Who are the teams worse than us? Sheffield, Burnley, Fulham, and Man C.

As a team, we are not playing that badly. Converting chances is our major failing, and I absolutely believe that getting in a prem-ready striker is top priority. But then ... I bet the recruitment team already knows all of the above. Question is whether or not they're going to be allowed to break our transfer record to get the player we need.

Isn't the rub? We were seemingly looking at a number of strikers, Origi being the only one with EPL experience so there is no way the others can be claimed to be EPL ready. They might have been a success, they might not. We all know there are plenty of players that haven't adapted to the EPL. Equally, aka Benteke, there are players that have previously thrived and then haven't lived up to the price tag. As you say, the recruitment team know what's needed, it's just a simple case of finding the right player at an acceptable price.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Moises Caicedo?

I just don't believe Castles. It makes no sense for him to know that much IMHO.

It would not be him knowing he would be getting that from a source but one he has been following since United approached in December so not one he has not consistently been updating on.

Of course could just be paper talk and we are just waiting for permit only time will tell that just thought it was interesting to see a counter story from someone who isn’t one of those in the know fan accounts that reposts news to 5 followers!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You realise that South Africa isn't in South America...? ???

It's all foreign, the natives understand me when I shout.

Yes but in my memory those 3 singing happened at a similar time, to much consternation on NSC.

It would seem rather incongruous to split them now just as Tau made his debut in a squad containing Jocko, while Arse has put us in pole position to sign some wunderkid, who was previously unavailable.

Have made an edit!!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

If that is the case and Newcastle have offered more money he will not be coming here. Move on to next target

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Has nobody told him “It’s grim up North”?

Although...

5a24587f-e2a1-457b-98e7-0b1f71162d05.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here