Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Brighton close on £4.5m deal for Moises Caicedo after fending off interest from Manchester United and Chelsea, with Ecuador teenager set to go straight out on loan to Belgium, their head line not mine :dunce:
Sorry not known for your humour

One tweet by someone no one knows that he is off to Blooms Belgium play thing and it's being put in reports as fact. Can't understand why he would be going to Europe (we're not in it so needs another visa) and to a lower league than he's playing in currently and he'd be happy with that.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Some nonenity not connected with the club or the player as far as we know has ‘suggested’ it......but that’s turned into half a thread full of people criticising the club for doing it and spending too much money on players not ready for the first team (which isn’t even true). The only comment at all from the club is from Potter saying he has ‘no comment to make’

NSC wouldn’t make a very good jury [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Of course we would......he's obviously guilty???

Jul 20, 2003
One tweet by someone no one knows that he is off to Blooms Belgium play thing and it's being put in reports as fact. Can't understand why he would be going to Europe (we're not in it so needs another visa) and to a lower league than he's playing in currently and he'd be happy with that.

Covid? Despite Belgium having one of the highest rates overall since they haven't had a second spike (currently <60 per 100,000). Maybe the thought is their league is more likely to continue, he'll definitely get game time and it's easier to monitor his training and progress.

That said I still reckon he'll probably go somewhere else if he really is that good.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Due to the current flight ban into the UK, Moises will be parting the Atlantic Sea and walking here.

Before he arrives in Brighton he will take a short detour to Mount Ellandai to receive Ten Commandments from The God.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Dismayed by the Daily Mail report that we plan to loan him out to Bloom’s Belgian side a la Tau

I cant see him choosing us over potentially other bigger Prem sides (or at least waiting until further in the window to see other offers) if we've told him he's being loaned to USG. Unless its an enforced thing because of work permits.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Due to the current flight ban into the UK, Moises will be parting the Atlantic Sea and walking here.

Before he arrives in Brighton he will take a short detour to Mount Ellandai to receive Ten Commandments from The God.

Didn’t know Calderon had moved

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Great info but it doesn’t answer why we don’t spend transfer fees on ready made talent but do so on other players that are loaned back out immediately

You appear to be labouring under the assumption that the two are mutually exclusive. They're not. There were enough rumours in the summer that we were in the market for ready-made strikers. We just couldn't land any of them (reasons unknown). Origi, Nunez, Dia.

Yes: it would be great (and, I would hope, the #1 priority for the recruitment team) to land a ready-made striker to enhance our team. We all know we need someone who can put away the chances we can create. I think that's all we need, one player: a Prem-ready instinctive striker with a decent conversion rate.

When it comes to our attacking stats:

- For shots taken, we're 7th.
- For goals scored, we're 12th.
- For "Big Chances Missed", we're 7th.

Then if we start combining some of those numbers:

- Big Chances Missed as a % of total shots, we're 9th.
- Goals scored as a % of total shots, we're 15th.
- Big Chances Missed as a % of goals scored, we're 5th.

There's devil in the detail, though:

- When it comes to teams who've missed more Big Chances than us, 3 of them are in the top 5 of the table: Liverpool, Man U, and Man C. Also with more Big Chances Missed than us is Chelsea.
- For Liverpool and Man U, however, it's not a problem - the number of BCM compared to goals is actually quite low (9th and 10th best in the league). They're putting so many shots in, they can afford to be a little wasteful from time to time. They make up for missed Big Chances with other goal scoring opportunities being converted.
- For Man C and (to a lesser extent) Chelsea, it's also not a (relegation) problem, but for different reasons. Man C's full-season stats look very similar to ours (if not worse). But their failure is intermittent: some games they are wasteful, others they are clinical. We, on the other hand, are just wasteful.

From the stats I'm looking at, we have no trouble creating chances. We're right up there. But we are also, easily, one of the most wasteful teams when it comes to converting the chances. Who are the teams worse than us? Sheffield, Burnley, Fulham, and Man C.

As a team, we are not playing that badly. Converting chances is our major failing, and I absolutely believe that getting in a prem-ready striker is top priority. But then ... I bet the recruitment team already knows all of the above. Question is whether or not they're going to be allowed to break our transfer record to get the player we need.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
You appear to be labouring under the assumption that the two are mutually exclusive. They're not. There were enough rumours in the summer that we were in the market for ready-made strikers. We just couldn't land any of them (reasons unknown). Origi, Nunez, Dia.

Yes: it would be great (and, I would hope, the #1 priority for the recruitment team) to land a ready-made striker to enhance our team. We all know we need someone who can put away the chances we can create. I think that's all we need, one player: a Prem-ready instinctive striker with a decent conversion rate.

When it comes to our attacking stats:

- For shots taken, we're 7th.
- For goals scored, we're 12th.
- For "Big Chances Missed", we're 7th.

Then if we start combining some of those numbers:

- Big Chances Missed as a % of total shots, we're 9th.
- Goals scored as a % of total shots, we're 15th.
- Big Chances Missed as a % of goals scored, we're 5th.

There's devil in the detail, though:

- When it comes to teams who've missed more Big Chances than us, 3 of them are in the top 5 of the table: Liverpool, Man U, and Man C. Also with more Big Chances Missed than us is Chelsea.
- For Liverpool and Man U, however, it's not a problem - the number of BCM compared to goals is actually quite low (9th and 10th best in the league). They're putting so many shots in, they can afford to be a little wasteful from time to time. They make up for missed Big Chances with other goal scoring opportunities being converted.
- For Man C and (to a lesser extent) Chelsea, it's also not a (relegation) problem, but for different reasons. Man C's full-season stats look very similar to ours (if not worse). But their failure is intermittent: some games they are wasteful, others they are clinical. We, on the other hand, are just wasteful.

From the stats I'm looking at, we have no trouble creating chances. We're right up there. But we are also, easily, one of the most wasteful teams when it comes to converting the chances. Who are the teams worse than us? Sheffield, Burnley, Fulham, and Man C.

As a team, we are not playing that badly. Converting chances is our major failing, and I absolutely believe that getting in a prem-ready striker is top priority. But then ... I bet the recruitment team already knows all of the above. Question is whether or not they're going to be allowed to break our transfer record to get the player we need.

Great info but Im not not sure its answering my question.

Your last paragraph is interesting. Is it the case that our recruitment team are highlighting individuals for the future where the cumulative totals would help towards the purchase of the target we need right now. Im not suggesting that the latest recruit is destined to be loaned out but i also wouldn't say its an impossibility seeing as we have done this quite a bit in the past. If he's ready he should stay. If he's not then the dosh should be saved and put towards the priority which is a striker.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Today's Guardian Football Weekly podcast about Brexit, specifically use Moises as an example of how the new system works.
Shortly after 10 minutes.

The end result being he now easily gets a work permit whereas he wouldn't have done previously.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Today's Guardian Football Weekly podcast about Brexit, specifically use Moises as an example of how the new system works.
Shortly after 10 minutes.

The end result being he now easily gets a work permit whereas he wouldn't have done previously.
Interesting. If he can get a WP surely we won't be loaning a full international to div 2 in Belgium.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Interesting. If he can get a WP surely we won't be loaning a full international to div 2 in Belgium.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Not for legal reason no.

It's a very interesting discussion.

They've also said clubs who own other clubs on the continent also have an advantage, for all the obvious reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here