Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I'll jut point out that of the names you mentioned 3 of them would fit into the 'current' time period (this window and the last one) I was referring to in terms of player recruitment. Of those 3 the total transfer fee is less than £1m.

Im just interested in why we spend more on players that we then loan out. Alex Mc, Moder, the other Polish lad etc etc etc......

there are many different factors in valuing each player

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Because buying Veltman, Lallana and welbeck for £1m is ****ing good business? Would you have been happier if we had overpaid for Veltman, say 20m just so you could be happy we paid more for them than future players!?

I agree. But I’m not questioning this element.

I’m suggesting that the large sums we have spent on players that were not able to have a direct impact on the first team (tau, alexis, moder etc) could have been combined to spend on a player that could (ie a striker).

Given our current situation this practise could be paused if as suggested we are planning on loaning the new lad.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nah Propper and Biss off, possibly Gross too......8 + 30 + 6 million in the bank, i thankyou :clap2:

I love Brighton fans that appear so happy us selling our best players. I’d be gutted to think Biss was going

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I love Brighton fans that appear so happy us selling our best players. I’d be gutted to think Biss was going

So would i, hes brilliant & best yet to come but we have a lot of midfielders. If i am honest the only one i think may leave is Propper but it will be a tough job keeping hold of Biss in the summer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I’m suggesting that the large sums we have spent on players that were not able to have a direct impact on the first team (tau, alexis, moder etc) could have been combined to spend on a player that could (ie a striker).

Given our current situation this practise could be paused if as suggested we are planning on loaning the new lad.

Some nonenity not connected with the club or the player as far as we know has ‘suggested’ it......but that’s turned into half a thread full of people criticising the club for doing it and spending too much money on players not ready for the first team (which isn’t even true). The only comment at all from the club is from Potter saying he has ‘no comment to make’

NSC wouldn’t make a very good jury [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

But we haven't spent large sums, just a modest amount by Premier League standards on Tau, Mac Allister and Moder, who by all accounts are three full internationals that are pretty much first team ready. Good business I would say. Nobody knows if we will even sign Moises, let alone loan him out. As an aside, it's practice not practise but, I get your drift.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Some nonenity not connected with the club or the player as far as we know has ‘suggested’ it......but that’s turned into half a thread full of people criticising the club for doing it and spending too much money on players not ready for the first team (which isn’t even true). The only comment at all from the club is from Potter saying he has ‘no comment to make’

NSC wouldn’t make a very good jury [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

No change there then

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Stian André de Wahl
@StianWahl
·
4h
Moises Caicedo: Advanced talks with Brighton. Newcastle with late bid which is now considered. Personal terms from NEW twice the offer from BHA. Now weighing options before committing to a club! Italy interest is on, no official offer as per now. A lot of pressure atm

Love that - Newcastle offering twice salary that we are! (allegedly)

If it’s true Newcastle have offered double the wages then good luck in Newcastle Moises :bigwave:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nah Propper and Biss off, possibly Gross too......8 + 30 + 6 million in the bank, i thankyou :clap2:

Biss isn't off. There is no way a South American teenager with no EPL experience will go straight into the team.

Clearly a great prospect though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here