Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Stian André de Wahl
@StianWahl
·
4h
Moises Caicedo: Advanced talks with Brighton. Newcastle with late bid which is now considered. Personal terms from NEW twice the offer from BHA. Now weighing options before committing to a club! Italy interest is on, no official offer as per now. A lot of pressure atm

Love that - Newcastle offering twice salary that we are! (allegedly)

Talksport say NUFC offer rejected

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The club looks for value and won't just spend £30m or whatever just because the target is famous. It won't always work, but I think it's the right way to go.

Agreed. But not with strikers. You have to be smart in some areas to free up the cash for proper strikers.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That’s what I read.

OK. Don't believe what you read until it's official.

Just a thought why would we buy someone for a reasonable amount of money and send him to another country (which now needs other visa arrangements) and a lower standard league than he's currently playing. Along with this other clubs are interested, such as Newcastle, would they too be buying to loan out. I doubt that very much.

I would suggest if he is anywhere near as good as reported he will be very much around the club

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
...but where does he fit in the midfield plan for this season, if he is in the plan for this season...does it mean someone isn't?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
OK. Don't believe what you read until it's official.

Just a thought why would we buy someone for a reasonable amount of money and send him to another country (which now needs other visa arrangements) and a lower standard league than he's currently playing. Along with this other clubs are interested, such as Newcastle, would they too be buying to loan out. I doubt that very much.

I would suggest if he is anywhere near as good as reported he will be very much around the club

Agree! However, I wouldn't be surprised that our club are building for the future without any concern for the present. Its their thing at the mo!

If the lad is as good as they say he is then he should start but the Argus are reporting that he will be loaned to Tony's Belgium hobby.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
...but where does he fit in the midfield plan for this season, if he is in the plan for this season...does it mean someone isn't?

Gives Potter another number for his lottery machine, odds have now increased massively to having the same 11 in 2 games.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Being loaned out as soon as we sign him.

Let’s hope players don’t watch games that we play or no one would sign for us. If I was told I was being loaned out after seeing the players performing the way they are I would be really pissed off. Anyone half decent in midfield should start in front of all but Bissouma. Tau should start the next game but I am sure he won’t and Trossard starts and Gross plays another 90 minutes. The problem I have with Potter at the moment is he still doesn’t know his best team and the starting a game with Moder Tau and this guy would not be a risk. That should not be the case he should already have a settled side so new players can bed in. The players we have now are still playing like new signings and in fact a lot have gone backwards due to Potters tinkering. Expect Tau to play right wing back at some time soon.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Yeah they never sign any first team players for now do they. But just imagine in the future when we have Webster, Lallana, Mupauy, Trossard, Veltman, Bissouma, Proper, Welbeck...
Stop being so myopic.

I'll jut point out that of the names you mentioned 3 of them would fit into the 'current' time period (this window and the last one) I was referring to in terms of player recruitment. Of those 3 the total transfer fee is less than £1m.

Im just interested in why we spend more on players that we then loan out. Alex Mc, Moder, the other Polish lad etc etc etc......

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Billy Arce never played for his country and put in high level performances against Uruguay, Argentina and Colombia. There's plenty to suggest he's a very good player with massive potential, many actual football experts were saying that long before he was linked with the Albion.

But obviously that doesn't mean he will adapt to the EPL or to whatever role/position Potter puts him in. It does surprise me though that no bigger clubs have gone for him (there was rumours of Everton putting in a bid, but may have turned out to be fake).

Perhaps I’m just not very positive at the minute....... [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Agree! However, I wouldn't be surprised that our club are building for the future without any concern for the present. Its their thing at the mo!

If the lad is as good as they say he is then he should start but the Argus are reporting that he will be loaned to Tony's Belgium hobby.

No they have written

One report suggests he would go on loan to Tony Bloom's Belgian club Union St-Gilloise if the Seagulls signed him.

Which is from a twitter post.So as I posted above wait for official proof.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
No they have written

One report suggests he would go on loan to Tony Bloom's Belgian club Union St-Gilloise if the Seagulls signed him.

Which is from a twitter post.So as I posted above wait for official proof.

OK mate. I nominate you to tell the rest of NSC not to discuss or mention anything that is slight speculation and only talk about things that are 100000% fact.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
OK mate. I nominate you to tell the rest of NSC not to discuss or mention anything that is slight speculation and only talk about things that are 100000% fact.

That's alright mate.

I only corrected your post. If the Argus "state" the intention, that's one thing as it would be expected that a source from the club has said it however quoting a tweet from someone who no one has heard of and qualifying as such means it is no way true/

Your post was as if it was a statement of fact. It wasn't

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Unless the guy is match fit and guaranteed Prem quality it sounds a sensible idea to loan him out for 6 months rather than have him warm the bench. Would have hoped we could aim higher than USG though. & if this is another 'one for the future' I really do hope we've got some other first team signings up our sleeve instead of resting all our hopes on Mr Tau.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I'll jut point out that of the names you mentioned 3 of them would fit into the 'current' time period (this window and the last one) I was referring to in terms of player recruitment. Of those 3 the total transfer fee is less than £1m.

Im just interested in why we spend more on players that we then loan out. Alex Mc, Moder, the other Polish lad etc etc etc......

Alex Mc - we had a chance to buy, but couldn't get an immediate work permit. Hence, buy and loan.
Moder - we had an opportunity to buy, but the selling club and player wanted him to remain until end of Dec for competition reasons. We were happy to do that.

So that's 2 of your 3 examples where the buy-then-loan has perfectly reasonable explanation behind it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here