Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Even if it's the best thing for his development, every single one of us just groaned at the same time reading that.

IDV won the S American equivalent of the UEFA Cup last season and got into the final of the Copa libertadores 4 seasons ago. Moving to the Belguim Second Division would be a serious step down in quality. IDV also have an incredible reputation for their coaching.
Every single Championship club would take him on loan, a much higher standard, he could learn the language etc.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
GP was asked last night and he said Nothing to Report.
Having said that he doesn't say anything about any transfers..

He doesn't say anything about anything

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
If it’s true that we are buying him to loan him I will finally accept we have no desire or intention to remain in the PL.

Spending money on potential is a great idea, however not when you have glaring issues in the first team squad.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
A lot of folk are getting carried away with this guy like he should be in the first team now.

He obviously looks a very exciting prospect, but unless wrong technically he’s had less success and fanfare in South America so far than MacAllister.

That said, I would be slightly surprised to see him loaned off to Belgium immediately. If this was a coup I’d assume we were offering him something other clubs couldn’t guarantee (game time).

He has just played 4 games for Ecuador, including beating Uruguay and absolutely thrashing Colombia, much better teams than Ecuador.
I don't think Mac has actually played for Argentina officially yet.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
A lot of folk are getting carried away with this guy like he should be in the first team now.

He obviously looks a very exciting prospect, but unless wrong technically he’s had less success and fanfare in South America so far than MacAllister.

That said, I would be slightly surprised to see him loaned off to Belgium immediately. If this was a coup I’d assume we were offering him something other clubs couldn’t guarantee (game time).

True, although because we have a partnership with USG, we can offer him game time. It just isn't with us it seems...

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It's sort of frustrating constantly planning for the medium and long term when we're in deep **** right now.

Logically, I totally support the Academy project, though i'm not always sure we find the right balance between next week and next year

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Post on Twitter claiming he’s ours for €5.5m but off to USG for the rest of the season.

If Tim Vickery says this guy is the real deal and ready to impact major European leagues why are we pumping him off to the Belgian 2nd Div.

FFS.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It's sort of frustrating constantly planning for the medium and long term when we're in deep **** right now.

Logically, I totally support the Academy project, though i'm not always sure we find the right balance between next week and next year

Have to agree.. fully onboard with the long term vision. Recruitment have to get the balance right and also help in the short term.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Have to agree.. fully onboard with the long term vision. Recruitment have to get the balance right and also help in the short term.

It would be great to see more players coming through from the academy than splashing £20 Million of TBs money on 2nd rate players who score shed loads in crap leagues.

Ali J, Locadia, Trossard have not justified the fee.
Actually, neither has MacAllister.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Post on Twitter claiming he’s ours for €5.5m but off to USG for the rest of the season.

If Tim Vickery says this guy is the real deal and ready to impact major European leagues why are we pumping him off to the Belgian 2nd Div.

FFS.

That’s the Duncan Castles tweet referenced above.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It would be great to see more players coming through from the academy than splashing £20 Million of TBs money on 2nd rate players who score shed loads in crap leagues.

Ali J, Locadia, Trossard have not justified the fee.
Actually, neither has MacAllister.

It's hard to disagree on recent showings, however, why do players arrive with great records and suddenly become shit. granted there's an element of re callibration in different leagues, and the PL is fast . . . . but even so, we're not seeing anything like the performances we have in the not so distant past.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
If it’s true that we are buying him to loan him I will finally accept we have no desire or intention to remain in the PL.

Spending money on potential is a great idea, however not when you have glaring issues in the first team squad.

I don't think so. It would be madness just to focus on the first team because the first team was struggling. The club is more than capable of focusing on more than one thing at a time.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
That’s the Duncan Castles tweet referenced above.

Yep. Just annoyed that if someone as well respected as Tim Vickery says he’s ready then why are we fannying about again?

You’re 19, a footballer and coming to a team where there is another S American and Spanish speakers who can culturally help you adapt and all you want to do is play or train and try to play. What benefit is there in pushing him off to Belgium where arguably its harder to integrate than here?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yep. Just annoyed that if someone as well respected as Tim Vickery says he’s ready then why are we fancying about again?

You’re 19, a footballer and coming to a team where there is another S American and Spanish speakers who can culturally help you adapt and all you want to do is play or train and try to play. What benefit is there in pushing him off to Belgium where arguably its harder to integrate than here?

I personally think there is nothing in the USG part of the story. I just don't see why that would even be public knowledge given we haven't even signed the bloke. Unless Castle's is Caicedo's agent.
Not saying he wouldn't go out on loan, just if he does that Castle's has guessed it.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep. Just annoyed that if someone as well respected as Tim Vickery says he’s ready then why are we fannying about again?

No way in the world the tweeter will know what we’re planning to do if/when we sign him. Nothing more than speculation I reckon.

I personally think there is nothing in the USG part of the story. I just don't see why that would even be public knowledge given we haven't even signed the bloke. Unless Castles is Caicedo's agent.
Not saying he wouldn't go out on loan, just if he does that Castle's has guessed it.

This.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I don't think so. It would be madness just to focus on the first team because the first team was struggling. The club is more than capable of focusing on more than one thing at a time.

I’d love that to be true, however we constantly are in the market for ‘future’ and ‘potential’

Two Polish lads, Zequiri, and possibly now another.

That’s probably the best part of £20m and we didn’t want to pay up for Dia when we had the chance.

That doesn’t look like a club that is capable of doing more than one thing.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I’d love that to be true, however we constantly are in the market for ‘future’ and ‘potential’

Two Polish lads, Zequiri, and possibly now another.

That’s probably the best part of £20m and we didn’t want to pay up for Dia when we had the chance.

That doesn’t look like a club that is capable of doing more than one thing.

It's striking a balance I think. Seems we would have signed Nunez AND the Polish boys, so I don't think it's one or the other. It's just easier to take a punt on a few kids than find a decent, affordable striker.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

FFS.
If true, one or more of:

a) He's not yet eligible for a UK work permit

b) Help USG get promoted to the top division

c) We're not ready for him in the squad this season

d) Acclimatise him to European football/weather/etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here