Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
His biggest failing is waving a foot at a shot going past him that gives it a deflected path to goal, wrong footing the keeper. He needs to either leave it alone or make a solid block. Over riding the instinct to try and get something on it is easier if you just let everything go, which might be what he needs to do initially. If he can master deciding when to stick a foot out, when not too, I reckon we don't look so "unlucky" anymore.

I got flattened for posting this previously and began to think I was the only one seeing it.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
How we getting on with Mo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Isn't this the exact reason why Dunk broke the record for most own goals in a season in our first season?

Sort of, to be given as an own goal, the shot would have had to have been off target, and deflected to on target, this was happening to Dunk in the first season, but Dunk was generally blocking the shot well if it had been on target.
Webster is waving a foot at on target shots, that the keeper would be generally expected to save, but for the deflection, so it doesn't count as an own goal. The result is similar, we concede a goal we definitely wouldn't have in Dunks case, and probably wouldn't have in Websters case, but I would say Dunk was more "unlucky", Websters hanging foot has little chance of really helping.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Sort of, to be given as an own goal, the shot would have had to have been off target, and deflected to on target, this was happening to Dunk in the first season, but Dunk was generally blocking the shot well if it had been on target.
Webster is waving a foot at on target shots, that the keeper would be generally expected to save, but for the deflection, so it doesn't count as an own goal. The result is similar, we concede a goal we definitely wouldn't have in Dunks case, and probably wouldn't have in Websters case, but I would say Dunk was more "unlucky", Websters hanging foot has little chance of really helping.

Ha ha ha sorry to get off topic but that really is a load of old bollocks :clap2::thumbsup::facepalm::lol:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Ha ha ha sorry to get off topic but that really is a load of old bollocks :clap2::thumbsup::facepalm::lol:

Ha! It really is isn’t it?! Such a load of bollocks it’s very funny.

As I said last week, it looks like Webster is always going to be under rated by Brighton fans and Dunk would get away with murder on here. Webster has been much, much better than Dunk since June.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I will have to concede to your erudite and well reasoned argument as to why I am wrong, rarely have I ever been so comprehensively countered and convinced by an opposing argument, I think it was the smileys that did it. Well done you.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He has enough points to qualify for a work permit under the new rules, so that won't be an issue.

Can he bring some with him we need them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here