Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This guy looks pretty tasty. Have a bad feeling Everton will hijack it. Team full of S. Americans, Ancelotti etc.
Currently regarded as the most exciting midfield prospect in the whole of S American according to their media.
Fingers crossed!!

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This guy looks pretty tasty. Have a bad feeling Everton will hijack it. Team full of S. Americans, Ancelotti etc.
Currently regarded as the most exciting midfield prospect in the whole of S American according to their media.
Fingers crossed!!

The Everton link appears to be only from one source and that's in Italy whereas the connection to us is everywhere.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think the players agent is doing a grand job here (not grand for us of course). Let Albion flush out the club to get the player on the market, then go to wealthier clubs to get a better personal deal with buyers knowing he is available. Chances to coming to us? My guess 15%

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think the players agent is doing a grand job here (not grand for us of course). Let Albion flush out the club to get the player on the market, then go to wealthier clubs to get a better personal deal with buyers knowing he is available. Chances to coming to us? My guess 15%

Got to be way higher than that - we’ve officially (by the Argus at least) ‘expressed interest’ - that’s as good as saying we’ve plonked a briefcase full of cash on the desk for us.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I accept that we have had an offer accepted by the club, but seems nothing agreed with the player. If you were his agent, what would you do? You'd let as many clubs know that it's a now or never suitation and to make the player an offer. Judging by all the noise around this, that's what he is doing. We rarely win when these things come out into the open like this.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I would highly recommend this (the presenter is a bit annoying) for two reasons. Firstly, this guy seems to know his stuff re: Caicedo, and secondly the work permit stuff (2nd half of video) is absolutely fascinating.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Seems unlikely he would be a signing to play this season given how long it would take to settle to a new country/division - and given our precarious position in the league it's an interesting one if big clubs like Man United really are after him.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Would he be eligible under the new GBE or will we need to loan him out before he can play in England?

Won’t get an automatic permit as a Ecuador are not in the top 50. Seems to be a regular starter in their copa Libertadores team though, so he should qualify easily on a similar basis as Tao under the new points system for players joint English clubs.

I don’t know accurate this link is, but assuming it is correct then anyone that can kick a ball straight should get a work permit these days.

https://worldfootballindex.com/2020...e-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Moises Caicedo?

That’s exactly what it looks like to me. This smells of Nunez.

Clearly this deal isn’t done, and I would worry for a “bigger club” coming in (read: a club that blows our wage offer out the water).

Fecking agents. Although he’s entitled to do this.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
That’s exactly what it looks like to me. This smells of Nunez.

Clearly this deal isn’t done, and I would worry for a “bigger club” coming in (read: a club that blows our wage offer out the water).

Fecking agents. Although he’s entitled to do this.

Really? To me, Nunez and his agent never looked like they were interested. That's what bothered me about the whole thing.

This kid has been "liking" Brighton's Instagram posts. Could be a ruse, but it's a little elaborate and wouldn't reflect well on him if he doesn't join.

If Brighton have given him assurances of playing, and used Lamptey as an example, I don't see why this wouldn't be a good step for him at his age.

It's hard to imagine him walking into Man U or Everton's first team. It's also difficult to tell if those clubs are genuinely interested. Could be a one horse race.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Really? To me, Nunez and his agent never looked like they were interested. That's what bothered me about the whole thing.

This kid has been "liking" Brighton's Instagram posts. Could be a ruse, but it's a little elaborate and wouldn't reflect well on him if he doesn't join.

If Brighton have given him assurances of playing, and used Lamptey as an example, I don't see why this wouldn't be a good step for him at his age.

It's hard to imagine him walking into Man U or Everton's first team. It's also difficult to tell if those clubs are genuinely interested. Could be a one horse race.

That’s true, it’s not quite the same as the Nunez deal. But we’re hearing all the noise before the deal is sealed, which does suggest the agent is possibly fishing for other offers.

I agree, the fact the player is already following us is a huge difference.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
That’s true, it’s not quite the same as the Nunez deal. But we’re hearing all the noise before the deal is sealed, which does suggest the agent is possibly fishing for other offers.

I agree, the fact the player is already following us is a huge difference.

I feel like we are always a week behind the real Brighton news anyway.

This came out of nowhere - which seems pretty typical (like the Polish lads).

Could be a done deal and he had a medical this morning knowing Brighton... :lolol:

Hope so. He looks like a talented all round midfielder. Although the space he's given in Ecuador, in his highlight reels, is....a lot!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here