Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Naylor reporting that we're making progress but a deal isn't done yet. He is flagging that others could yet swoop.

I wish I’d not heard about this transfer saga until he was in the bag; having read quite a lot about this fella and seen him ripping it up in YouTube vids, it’s going to be touch disappointing if we are beaten to the bait by a bigger fish.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I would highly recommend this (the presenter is a bit annoying) for two reasons. Firstly, this guy seems to know his stuff re: Caicedo, and secondly the work permit stuff (2nd half of video) is absolutely fascinating.

What interests me is in the interview the south American expert says Indendiente del Valle has most probably the best Academy in South America, and has a few decent players. On twitter people are saying we kept contact with them after Billy Arce. I suspect a mutual partnership might start to exist now we can bring them into England.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Sounds like a coup if we land him, but wondering if we are gonna miss out with other clubs circling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Moder, Tau, Caicedo, and Dia would certainly represent a decent transfer window. Id love us to top that off with a decent left back.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
From (I think) Albion Analytics stats I quoted on here some time ago, by FAR our most two-footed player is whipping-boy Webster.

Edit: here we go...

[Tweet]1222877821569261568[/tweet]

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
From (I think) Albion Analytics stats I quoted on here some time ago, by far our most two-footed player is whipping-boy Webster.
Indeed Webster doesn't get the credit he deserves. All our back four make mistakes, including Lord Dunk. Webster makes no more mistakes than any other back at the club. He is improving game on game and will continue to improve ( especially when his headers are aimed two inches lower & miss the bar) He is confident bringing the ball from defence. He is never going to be as good as Van Dicky bloke but better than Mings. Good player.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
From (I think) Albion Analytics stats I quoted on here some time ago, by FAR our most two-footed player is whipping-boy Webster.

This says nothing about accuracy.

More likely it's to do with being put in a position where hew has little choice to play with his left

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Being played by the agent no doubt

In South America there are often multiple people that own part of a players contract, these people are not agents as such, more investors, but each will need buying out for him to come here and will have an interest in getting the biggest return on their investment. It is in their interests to get the biggest price for his contract, or retain an amount of interest in his contract, with potential for later rewards. Third party ownership of contracts is not allowed under FA and Premier League rules, so I suspect a deal is done with Independiente, who will have a sell on clause, and then these speculators have a deal with Independiente to get paid out, if and when they get a sell on payment. This obviously takes more time than a direct deal between two clubs, and each interested party will be keen to make sure they are getting the best deal for their "product".
It is where selling to us might be more interesting than to a club like Man Utd though, they could retain him for his prime years, and not resell until he is aging and decreasing in value. With us, there is a greater chance his next move is for megabucks in the next two or three years.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This says nothing about accuracy.

More likely it's to do with being put in a position where hew has little choice to play with his left

Partly that, but his left foot is also quite good no doubt, some excellent shots and passes with it this season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Watched him in passing practice with Dunk before the Sheff Utd game. By the sort of whip, control, spin and bend he can bless upon the ball with his left foot, I started questioning the fact that he was right footed. He’d convinced me that he was a lefty!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Indeed Webster doesn't get the credit he deserves. All our back four make mistakes, including Lord Dunk. Webster makes no more mistakes than any other back at the club. He is improving game on game and will continue to improve ( especially when his headers are aimed two inches lower & miss the bar) He is confident bringing the ball from defence. He is never going to be as good as Van Dicky bloke but better than Mings. Good player.

His biggest failing is waving a foot at a shot going past him that gives it a deflected path to goal, wrong footing the keeper. He needs to either leave it alone or make a solid block. Over riding the instinct to try and get something on it is easier if you just let everything go, which might be what he needs to do initially. If he can master deciding when to stick a foot out, when not too, I reckon we don't look so "unlucky" anymore.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Webster has a fantastic left foot. I said when he joined, having seen him of a couple of times for Bristol City, that i didn't know which foot was his strongest. However, it is clear that he is FAR better on the right of defence than the left.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
His biggest failing is waving a foot at a shot going past him that gives it a deflected path to goal, wrong footing the keeper. He needs to either leave it alone or make a solid block. Over riding the instinct to try and get something on it is easier if you just let everything go, which might be what he needs to do initially. If he can master deciding when to stick a foot out, when not too, I reckon we don't look so "unlucky" anymore.

Isn't this the exact reason why Dunk broke the record for most own goals in a season in our first season?

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016

Wow, I’m surprised how one footed biased a lot of our players are

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here