Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It's striking a balance I think. Seems we would have signed Nunez AND the Polish boys, so I don't think it's one or the other. It's just easier to take a punt on a few kids than find a decent, affordable striker.

Absolutely it’s about getting the balance.

And we don’t know he is going out on loan so it might all be a pointless topic I suppose.

Just the frustration after watching so many poor performances that when we are spending cash it appears to be mainly focused on players who we are looking to develop. It’s not about this signing in particular it’s just about spending a large amount on future prospects yet we didn’t want to pay the £12m for a striker who is now the joint leading scorer in France.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I’d love that to be true, however we constantly are in the market for ‘future’ and ‘potential’

Two Polish lads, Zequiri, and possibly now another.

That’s probably the best part of £20m and we didn’t want to pay up for Dia when we had the chance.

That doesn’t look like a club that is capable of doing more than one thing.

You're just focusing on part of our recruitment because that suits your argument.

What about Veltman, Lallana and Welbeck?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
You're just focusing on part of our recruitment because that suits your argument.

What about Veltman, Lallana and Welbeck?

I don’t think iam, but maybe your right.

It doesn’t make me wrong though, just in my opinion we seem happy to spend fees on potential and prospects but not on any players for ‘now’

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I think the nuance here is that there is money available for 'right' player, as judged by the recruitment team. There's no point going out and spending £30-40m on a striker who won't fit the system or gel with the squad, just because we need someone. However, IF there is a player of the requisite quality, style and personality then I have no doubt that we'd splash the cash.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If he is going to elsewhere for game time, our recruitment team / Ashworth must think he's not ready to come into the 1st team squad immediately or he cannot get a work permit? That being the case what is peoples problem with that? Would they rather we played signings who were not up to it right now? That increases the chances of relegation not reduces it surely?

Given the way Biss is performing its very likely that he may go to a bigger club in the summer regardless of where we finish up, if that's the case getting his replacement now before the price hike of having a big sale and giving him time to acclimatise to european culture/weather etc makes sense?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Maupay, Bissouma, Locadia, Trossard, Lamptey, Webster, Ali J ?

Hats of for mentioning at least 3 players who were an utter waste of £

Your right of course in most regards, however in the last 2 windows we have spent far more on potential future prospects than we have on players ready to help the first team.

Also you’ve mentioned 7 players which have been spread over the last 6 or 7 windows so it doesn’t truly reflect our current strategy which whilst I understand to a point I do worry it isn’t going to be enough.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Duncan Castles is a Man Utd fanboy who constantly gets called out for spouting rubbish on Twitter by Football365 amongst others. He won’t know what BHAFC plan to do with Caicedo. He just knows about the Bloom link.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Surely if we are going to loan him out then we could secure something better than USG? If its true that Everton, Newcastle and United have been interested then surely we could find a Championship loan for 6 months. Or is this another Percy Tau work permit issue?

He can have his championship experience in 6 months time

Stumpy Tim

Duncan Castles is a Man Utd fanboy who constantly gets called out for spouting rubbish on Twitter by Football365 amongst others. He won’t know what BHAFC plan to do with Caicedo. He just knows about the Bloom link.

Good to know. It does seem strange that we would beat Man Utd and Everton for a player, only to send him on loan to the Belgian 2nd Division

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hats of for mentioning at least 3 players who were an utter waste of £

Your right of course in most regards, however in the last 2 windows we have spent far more on potential future prospects than we have on players ready to help the first team.

Also you’ve mentioned 7 players which have been spread over the last 6 or 7 windows so it doesn’t truly reflect our current strategy which whilst I understand to a point I do worry it isn’t going to be enough.

Not disagreeing they haven’t all been worth what we paid, but we have spent decent sums on some ‘ready’ players (or ones the team thought were ready).

It’s not either/or - pretty sure we would splash the cash if the right player was available, but I also think we have a long set of criteria that has to be met, and that aside from the player wanting to come. Wage ceiling, age, resale value, stats, NDP etc etc - probably have to tick every box before we sign.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Stian André de Wahl
@StianWahl
·
4h
Moises Caicedo: Advanced talks with Brighton. Newcastle with late bid which is now considered. Personal terms from NEW twice the offer from BHA. Now weighing options before committing to a club! Italy interest is on, no official offer as per now. A lot of pressure atm

Love that - Newcastle offering twice salary that we are! (allegedly)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Stian André de Wahl
@StianWahl
·
4h
Moises Caicedo: Advanced talks with Brighton. Newcastle with late bid which is now considered. Personal terms from NEW twice the offer from BHA. Now weighing options before committing to a club! Italy interest is on, no official offer as per now. A lot of pressure atm

A Norwegian with 2k followers?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Stian André de Wahl
@StianWahl
·
4h

Sod off Newcastle.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
A search on Twitter for Caicedo tells me nobody has much idea of what's happening!

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I’d love that to be true, however we constantly are in the market for ‘future’ and ‘potential’

Two Polish lads, Zequiri, and possibly now another.

That’s probably the best part of £20m and we didn’t want to pay up for Dia when we had the chance.

That doesn’t look like a club that is capable of doing more than one thing.

The club looks for value and won't just spend £30m or whatever just because the target is famous. It won't always work, but I think it's the right way to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here