Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Duncan Castle transfer podcast interesting says current position is

- bid of €5.5m accepted from us
- additional €1m commission agreed
- Plan is to loan to USG initially
- Was due to be done and dusted yesterday
- Newcastle came in with more money
- Issue with one of agents has surfaced as they are not registered with Ecuadorian FA and so deal stalled as Albion obviously want to avoid issues with deal further down line
- this has allowed a window for Newcastle to further their offer

Credible source and would explain the delay

https://twitter.com/duncancastles/status/1349056562111901700?s=21

Has there been a delay? All reports appear to say it's announced on Thursday

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does anyone know what Moises mum or dad does for a living?

Another loophole is if child prodigy's parent happens to be in an industry for which we have a skills shortage.
Parent can get a job in the UK, say as a computer programmer.
Come over with child.
Child is then available to join a UK academy.

It's the same system as giving parent a bogus scouting job, just in reverse.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Well he (Caicedo) was still liking BHAFC instagram posts 4 hours ago - so seems he thinks it's on as things currently stand...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good point, well made. Is he single?

Photo taken at -5? Where the feck are the tattoos?

He'd wear a coat - virgin for life!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hope that young Moises was watching the game this evening. If that’s not enough to put him off Newcastle, I don’t know what is!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don’t know where that assumption that if singed, Caicedo will be loaned out to USG has come from. I’ve been following this on twitter for about the last week. The first tweet I saw with this rumour was from a Manchester United fan, within about an hour, it was being re-tweeted as gospel by all the moody ‘Transfer News’ sites, and the the Mail online picked it up and ran with it.
When this possible transfer first broke cover, and the Mancs dropped their interest, one of the original Ecuadorean journalists whe broke it said that the appeal of us over United, was we could offer first team football immediately, United couldn’t commit to that. The boy is an International footballer with massive potential, he is only 19, my take on it is, he wants first team football in the PL over money etc, at the moment. If he makes a huge success with us, he knows the riches will come with his first contract with a stellar club.
We are just a stepping stone, but, a hugely important stepping stone for him.

He won’t go out on loan to anyone, if he joins us. Lamptey was only about 9 months older than Caicedo is now, when he came to us, and Potter put him in the team within about 10 games of joining, and look at how his stock has risen. Caicedo also had more experience than Lamptey , in top flight football.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I don’t know where that assumption that if singed, Caicedo will be loaned out to USG has come from. I’ve been following this on twitter for about the last week. The first tweet I saw with this rumour was from a Manchester United fan, within about an hour, it was being re-tweeted as gospel by all the moody ‘Transfer News’ sites, and the the Mail online picked it up and ran with it.
When this possible transfer first broke cover, and the Mancs dropped their interest, one of the original Ecuadorean journalists whe broke it said that the appeal of us over United, was we could offer first team football immediately, United couldn’t commit to that. The boy is an International footballer with massive potential, he is only 19, my take on it is, he wants first team football in the PL over money etc, at the moment. If he makes a huge success with us, he knows the riches will come with his first contract with a stellar club.
We are just a stepping stone, but, a hugely important stepping stone for him.

He won’t go out on loan to anyone, if he joins us. Lamptey was only about 9 months older than Caicedo is now, when he came to us, and Potter put him in the team within about 10 games of joining, and look at how his stock has risen. Caicedo also had more experience than Lamptey , in top flight football.

Exactly. He's just played in the S American equivalent of the Champions League and internationally against Uruguay, Colombia and Argentina (qualifiers NOT friendlies) in the last few months.
Not a chance in hell he'd go to USG.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

Depends how much you value the Ecuadorian League, I don't think that it counts as much 'top flight experience'. Also, whilst he has played in the Copa Libertadores, that is not comparable to the Premier League.

I'm not saying he won't go straight into the first team, just that it will be a big jump.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Depends how much you value the Ecuadorian League, I don't think that it counts as much 'top flight experience'. Also, whilst he has played in the Copa Libertadores, that is not comparable to the Premier League.

I'm not saying he won't go straight into the first team, just that it will be a big jump.

Not as big a jump as Lamptey

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The same Lamptey that was training with Premier League players each day and had played a Premier League game before joining us?

Yes the very same one who hadn't played full international football and only one first team game. That'll be the one.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The same Lamptey that was training with Premier League players each day and had played a Premier League game before joining us?

The same Lamptey that came to us cos we took the risk to offer him guaranteed first team football, and, if the early tweets from the Ecuadorean sources are true , exactly the same risk we have offered to Caicedo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here