• Yes

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • No

Votes: 299 89.8%

• Total voters

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Whether X or Y personality says it should be stopped or not doesn’t justify booing your team before a game does it? Les can give his opinion which is great and if taking the knee has sparked a debate then it’s been a success, but I don’t see why opposition to it needs to lead to such a negative decisive act as booing.

We’ve not been allowed to go to a competitive football fixture since end of March. First chance you get in 7 months and the first thing you do is boo - they are utter morons in my eyes, and demonstrate that football is of little importance to them really.

I think it's a really good point, and one that illustrates the stupidity of the Millwall fans that booed. They've taken what should have been an enjoyable occasion (result aside) and turned it into a display of hate and ignorance. Just moronic.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
If ever the reason for taking the knee had lost its meaning Millwall have highlighted its necessity, and a bonus having brought all the Nigel Farage, mini Trumps, out to be exposed.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
How would you feel about a player or players NOT taking the knee? Can’t say that I’ve noticed any players not doing it but in F1 quite a few don’t

Would you boo the solitary footballer who didn’t take the knee? (And has not taking the knee happened in any games?)

https://www.ruck.co.uk/billy-vunipola-reveals-why-he-refused-to-take-the-knee-against-georgia/

Billy Vunipola reveals why he refused to take the knee against Georgia
15th November 2020
Rugby Rucker
Billy Vunipola, Ben Earl and Henry Slade all stood before the 40-0 win against Georgia in the Autumn Nations Cup on Saturday.

“What I saw in terms of that movement was not aligned with what I believe in. They were burning churches and Bibles. I can’t support that.

“Even though I am a person of colour, I’m still more a person of, I guess, Jesus.”

And the RFU has backed the players who made the choice not to take the knee.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, he fully understands his target audience and market share. I'm sure he has absolutely no interest in football but if there are a few disaffected thugs to be separated from their cash ...

He probably supports Bayern Munich.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Not seen the footage, but wonder if it was as much aimed at CKR's 'Black Panther' pose as opposed​ to strictly the knee taking.

Apparently Millwall were aware there may be a problem before the game and put out a statement to say that the club and players supported taking the knee. CKR’s Black Panther pose may have been in response to expected problems... or he’s got a dodgy knee!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So, for the vast majority, it's the same people arguing the same sides as all the race based threads in the Bear Pit.

Probably just coincidence on this occasion though ???

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would not boo as I am not opposed to the movement, but like many others I do think it should be stopped.

Just out of interest, why do you think that your view should take preference over the view of the players who have decided to, and do the actual kneeling ?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Would never boo but do believe it's time to move on. With staggered KO times there will have to be an agreement between all players/clubs that on a certain day, first w/end of January, it will stop.
That is until the US cops shoot dead another innocent person because they are black.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well, he fully understands his target audience and market share. I'm sure he has absolutely no interest in football but if there are a few disaffected thugs to be separated from their cash ...

He’s from Croydon. His son is a season ticket holder. Draw your own conclusions.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
According to this poll 11% of NCCers who voted would boo it - so in a crowd of 2000 that's apx 220 people who would boo - enough ugly noise to be noticed.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't think footballers really have a right to choose which social issues they want to raise before a game. What makes this issue more important than others, for example. Are footballers really qualified to determine whether what they are doing will have a positive or negative impact on the issue? There is no co-ordination, no leadership - it is possible they are just doing it because everyone else is at this point.

In a nutshell, football & politics should not mix. As a spontaneous one off gesture it can have a positive impact, but a prolonged routine like this has just become a divisive mess.

Thanks for the answer, but I think we'll have to agree to disagree. I believe it was led and co-ordinated by the captains of the various clubs and that they will decide whether it continues or not.

Where I come from is that I see it the same as wearing a crucifix or star of david, praying to god as they walk on the pitch or whatever else the footballers do. It's their choice and their's alone, no on else's. Even though I'm non religious, I wouldn't tell them that they couldn't do this continuously.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Shame on those that did it and praise has to go to those Millwall fans who've condemned it .

This was always going to happen when fans were allowed back in to stadiums and the odds were it would be Millwall that provided concrete proof that racism is still well and truly alive in sport even after all that's happened.

Don't tar all Millwall fans as racist as that's simply not true , every community across the country will have its share of racists and sadly always will .

Those that booed would quite willingly let a Black/Asian /Chinese / doctor perform a life saving operation on a family member , I'd wager they wouldn't boo as the operation started .

Sport is a easy target for these dimwits and shame on them all .

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Imagine being *that* offended by a gesture that takes a few seconds, that you would actively boo yor own team for doing it.

Even if you're not a racist and you're doing it, you have to be pretty stupid. Or a snowflake.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Racism is a difficult subject for the many who have not experienced it first hand to respond to in the right way.
At Monday’s match I expect players of all ethnic backgrounds will take the knee in support of their teammates.
What is the appropriate response from the crowd?
Personally I would be happy to show my solidarity with the players but, how is that best done.
Please discuss

The best response to show genuine solidarity would be if we all took the knee in the stands too.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
According to this poll 11% of NCCers who voted would boo it - so in a crowd of 2000 that's apx 220 people who would boo - enough ugly noise to be noticed.

Don’t worry too much. The match day thread is always very well supported even in non COVID times. Much of the 11% translates into people booing in their living rooms whilst trying to find a dodgy stream. The poll is also just a sub set of NSC and reflects the views of those who feel strongly either way. Plenty (including myself) are only interested enough to open the thread and check whether it’s the same old race debate. It is and I haven’t voted.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Would you take the knee ?

I’d take a new set right now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whilst I would never try and defend Millwall fans, I would like to know why they did boo.

Was it because they are racist morons or is it because they are annoyed at football being hijacked for other purposes?
For the record, I am a bit frustrated at football being used for other messages but I would never boo as I want all BLM messages to be positive.

I wonder if the Millwall morons have ever booed the “hijacking” of their shirts with remembrance poppies?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Shame on those that did it and praise has to go to those Millwall fans who've condemned it .

This was always going to happen when fans were allowed back in to stadiums and the odds were it would be Millwall that provided concrete proof that racism is still well and truly alive in sport even after all that's happened.

Don't tar all Millwall fans as racist as that's simply not true , every community across the country will have its share of racists and sadly always will .

Those that booed would quite willingly let a Black/Asian /Chinese / doctor perform a life saving operation on a family member , I'd wager they wouldn't boo as the operation started .

Sport is a easy target for these dimwits and shame on them all .

I don't think anyone here, or anywhere else believes ALL Millwall fans are racist, they just have a long and steeped history for this sort of behaviour.

As this thread has clearly demonstrated their are mixed opinions even in a supposedly tolerant club like ours!

However, I don't agree with your "it was always going to happen", unless you mean it was inevitable it would happen at one of the perceived racist clubs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here