Votes: 34 10.2%
  • No

Votes: 299 89.8%

• Total voters

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can possibly see anyone booing on Monday being identified and dealt with (won’t be difficult) - can’t see our club tolerating anything like that and the negative fallout there has been for Millwall. It happened at the Chelsea test event so certainly wouldn’t rule it out happening again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have learnt one thing on this tread.

People ain't half touchy about the AITC program. :lolol:

and the exact definition of the word 'politics'.

Happy Saturday night everyone.

We had burgers and watched Red 2.

(Shite were it not for John Malcovich (sp) )

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Personally, I think the point has been made now and we should move on . But I respect that others feel differently. From their body language I guess that a lot of black players take it seriously. Anyway, boo it? ...Never ! That is a horrible thing to do.
As for Milwall, Those *********** are the sons of those Milwall supporters who caused such trouble in the 70s-80s ......

.....and the grandchildren of those from the 60s. I would imagine that the management at Millwall must be devastated by this and the undoing of so much work they have put into trying to clean up their club in the last couple of decades.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
No.

Burnley Banner and Millwall Boos. The cork was never in the bottle. What happens when emboldened/encouraged fervent knee-taking supporter meets strident don’t tell me what to think booer in the seats? Will there be a considered exchange of views?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I’ve only ever booed crap Brighton managers, Albion players that had clearly ‘downed tools’ and various Palace ‘personalities’ over the years but Les Ferdinand has gone on record as saying it’s now a hollow gesture and should be stopped.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ve only ever booed crap Brighton managers, Albion players that had clearly ‘downed tools’ and various Palace ‘personalities’ over the years but Les Ferdinand has gone on record as saying it’s now a hollow gesture and should be stopped.

Did you boo MA Mark 2? :wink:

I guess Jeff Wood and Hinshelwood and maybe Mark McGhee in his last couple of months were on the receiving end?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Are there any on this thread who would disagree with the need to end racism? If not then the debate is about methods where, as with most things, there will be many different views about the best approach

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Working in the Community was a political decision to ensure we got planning permission.

Try telling Steve Ford that. He was community officer for the club going way back and did a wonderful job with limited resources. I think you may mean that we decided to “step it up” a bit to get more notice taken of its role in the community.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Whether X or Y personality says it should be stopped or not doesn’t justify booing your team before a game does it? Les can give his opinion which is great and if taking the knee has sparked a debate then it’s been a success, but I don’t see why opposition to it needs to lead to such a negative decisive act as booing.

We’ve not been allowed to go to a competitive football fixture since end of March. First chance you get in 7 months and the first thing you do is boo - they are utter morons in my eyes, and demonstrate that football is of little importance to them really.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Odd to think had Trump not been baited into politics by Obama Millwall's racist wouldn't have been able to embarrass their club, AGAIN.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Try telling Steve Ford that. He was community officer for the club going way back and did a wonderful job with limited resources. I think you may mean that we decided to “step it up” a bit to get more notice taken of its role in the community.

The community work was and is a wonderful work but the motive was definitely to step it up. Dick Knight said so himself when he persuaded Amex to back Albion in the Community, and get them on board. It was mentioned several times at the public enquiries of the importance of a Community stadium.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Ferdinand did say this. He wants Action rather than Words. But he knows, and every black non-white person (working in football as a microcosm) continues to face a wall of very often deep-rooted unconscious discrimination/racism? However, The Knee probably did for Greg Clarke and will probably result in many other blazers being removed from post; so some action is taking place.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Surprise surprise the most famous racist in Britain supports Millwall fans

[tweet]1335340960901967873[/tweet]

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Look you two, it doesn't really matter what your own personal definition or whatever is: if AITC is political so is the knee, but then you are ok with AITC so the knee is ok as well.
If you don't think AITC is political then neither is the knee, so the knee is ok as well
Either way and by either definition it is ok.
Thank god dads cleared that up, you could of knocked their heads together to :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surprise surprise the most famous racist in Britain supports Millwall fans

[tweet]1335340960901967873[/tweet]
Well, he fully understands his target audience and market share. I'm sure he has absolutely no interest in football but if there are a few disaffected thugs to be separated from their cash ...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I would like to think i had the right to do it even if others thought doing it would be the wrong thing to do.

It seems to me, if you are willing to boo someone for using their freedom of expression in taking a knee, you should not be complaining about people "booing" you and letting you know they think you are a **** for doing it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here