Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesex v SUSSEX (LV County Championship)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
But on a happier note...

Lancs Blow

Brad Hodge will not be returning to complete the season with Lancashire, after injuring his neck while playing for Australia A in a four-team series.

The batsman was due back at Old Trafford in August, but will now be sidelined for around six weeks.

"That's it, no county cricket," Hodge told The Age newspaper.

"It's a bulging disc which is pressing on the nerve which has caused all the problems. But I am confident that I will play a part in the Ashes."

New Zealand all-rounder Nathan Astle has been acting as cover for the Red Rose county during Hodge's absence.

As well as challenging for the County Championship title, Lancashire have reached the final of the C&G Trophy - and would have expected Hodge to play a key role as they face Sussex at Lord's on 26 August.

Last edited:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I was at Southgate today. It was a toilsome day in the field for Sussex but they looked to have kept their spirits up. Nobody did anything wrong -- there was just nothing in the pitch for the spinners. Ollie Rayner fielded very well. perhaps I would have picked Kirtley instead, though, cos he didn't bowl much.

And I'm not sure why RMJ was twelfth man.

A draw looks the favourite -- and I'm sure that's what Middlesex will be going for now. But three wickets in the first hour tomorrow, and it's game jolly well back on.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Middlesex 372/5 (85.1 ov)

ave it..

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
I think once they get to within 50 of our score the only team that can win it will be Middlesex (although the draw is still favourite).

Need to keep playing and concentrating all the way to ensure we don't collapse for 150 or something like that in the 2nd innings.

At least it looks like Lancs will lose. Kent need another 150 odd runs with 9 wickets remaining.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Seagull over NZ said:
I think once they get to within 50 of our score the only team that can win it will be Middlesex (although the draw is still favourite).

Need to keep playing and concentrating all the way to ensure we don't collapse for 150 or something like that in the 2nd innings.

At least it looks like Lancs will lose. Kent need another 150 odd runs with 9 wickets remaining.

yer agree with that and fairly happy if we draw and Lancs lose. Some good batting points in the 2nd innings would be good too.

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
gazwag said:
Only get points in the first innings

I feel stupid now :down:

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Trigger said:
But on a happier note...

Lancs Blow

New Zealand all-rounder Nathan Astle has been acting as cover for the Red Rose county during Hodge's absence.

You can get an overseas player to cover for another overseas player when they are called on international duty but if that duty finishes and they can't then play due to injury I thought that the cover player couldn't play. Unless they only have 1 overseas player anyway. Which it looks like they have so I'll just be quiet now. :down:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
443-8. A lead of 64.

If we can finish them off asap, any lead would be handy really. Looks to be heading for a draw but then could be one of those games. High scoring in the first innings and then a chase for the result.

Kent need 80odd to win. :clap2: Come on Kent!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here