Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Middle East conflict

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The old adage is true... if the Jihadist/Palestinian groups laid down their arms tomorrow, there will be peace..... if the Israelis laid theirs down, there would be murderous carnage.

If Israel want peace, why do they occupy the West Bank, Gaza Strip and Golan Heights? Who do they think they are, Russia?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If he’s asking he would say “ so I know”
I think it’s a NSC 1st being asked where someone is from. Do you think it’s a nice question?
I was asking you, that is now clarified.

Is t a nice question? ‘Nice’, oh do f***ing man up. It was for clarity, to understand further what may be influencing your opinion. Comprende?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Who do they think they are, Russia?
GYlsLNvWkAAuMFb

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Interestingly, Saudi has just come out in support of Lebenon.

From the BBC tonight -

Saudi Arabia says it stands with Lebanon Published at 22:20 British Summer Time​

22:20 BST​

In a statement issued just moments ago, Saudi Arabia says it stands in support of Lebanon and calls for the preservation of the country's "sovereignty and territorial integrity".

The Saudi foreign ministry said it had watched the events of recent days in Lebanon with "grave concern", though it made no made mention of the assassination of Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah.

It also called on the international community to work to protect regional security and minimise the humanitarian consequences of the conflict.
The key point though, the Saudis don't really risk anything by saying that,.... Israel isn't technically attacking Lebanon, it's Hezbollah they are after.... so as long as Israel doesn't start trashing Lebanese military personnel and infrastructure.... I am guessing no tangible protests will ensue,.. the Lebanese don't want Hezbollah in their territory anymore than Israel do.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Hi, historian here, so I certainly don’t. Therefore, I will ask the questions you avoided answering.

Do Palestinians have a right to exist? Do they have a right to a homeland not illegally occupied?

Note that the “illegal occupation” in this sense refers not to the state of Israel as a whole but to the illegally annexed territories by settlers on the West Bank. If you’d like me to include the Golan Heights (even though this is obviously not Palestinian territory) too then do let me know.
Golan is simply occupied as a spoil of war, you know, when Syria attempted to invade Israel, then Israel fought back and now maintain Golan as a buffer zone.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
It doesn’t. It’s always been about the Zionist dream of a greater Israel.

I really fear a global conflict could be on the horizon. It’s only a matter of time before the Arab/Muslim world says enough is enough, and attack Israel from all sides. We all know what comes next.
When you say the Muslim world might attack from all sides, you're aware that they're already being attacked from the west, the north, and the south-east. There aren't many sides left.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The key point though, the Saudis don't really risk anything by saying that,.... Israel isn't technically attacking Lebanon, it's Hezbollah they are after.... so as long as Israel doesn't start trashing Lebanese military personnel and infrastructure.... I am guessing no tangible protests will ensue,.. the Lebanese don't want Hezbollah in their territory anymore than Israel do.
They’re killing Lebanese civilians as I type for goodness sake. Of course they’re attacking Lebanon.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is going well. Pick a side, grab a grenade and throw.

:facepalm:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Interestingly, Saudi has just come out in support of Lebenon.

From the BBC tonight -

Saudi Arabia says it stands with Lebanon Published at 22:20 British Summer Time​

22:20 BST​

In a statement issued just moments ago, Saudi Arabia says it stands in support of Lebanon and calls for the preservation of the country's "sovereignty and territorial integrity".

The Saudi foreign ministry said it had watched the events of recent days in Lebanon with "grave concern", though it made no made mention of the assassination of Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah.

It also called on the international community to work to protect regional security and minimise the humanitarian consequences of the conflict.
That’s actually a pretty sensible statement given the tension in the region. I doubt they’ll stop their own war in Yemen though. And for a truly unified Arab / Muslim front Iran and Iraq will have to have a cuddle and Syria will need to unite.

Actual physical resistance to Israel is still likely to only come from terrorist organisations rather than national armies. That’s why Iran didn’t want to escalate and it’s what Netanyahu has gambled on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
In the case of spineless Starmer and his complicit Labour Netenyahu and Zionist backing regime yes.

Can't say it's going so well though.
:facepalm:
Yes, Israel attacking the Houthi’s is definitely Starmer’s fault.

I notice it’s raining this morning just in time for the dog walk. Why hasn’t he learned to control the weather yet? #StarmerOut

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Yes, Israel attacking the Houthi’s is definitely Starmer’s fault.

I notice it’s raining this morning just in time for the dog walk. Why hasn’t he learned to control the weather yet? #StarmerOut
He’ll get there 👍 He’s learnt how to do video calls and strategically place family pictures in the background from someone else’s property to give the impression he’s at home 😉 I wonder who’s flat he was at 🤷

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
I was asking you, that is now clarified.

Is t a nice question? ‘Nice’, oh do f***ing man up. It was for clarity, to understand further what may be influencing your opinion. Comprende?
I don’t ask what’s influencing your opinion?
Sorry I had forgotten that there’s an element of society that believe if someone doesn’t follow their beliefs. They must be wrong, uneducated, or driven by some outside incorrect influence.
Why are you so full of aggression/ anger? I can feel your finger pointing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
He’ll get there 👍 He’s learnt how to do video calls and strategically place family pictures in the background from someone else’s property to give the impression he’s at home 😉 I wonder who’s flat he was at 🤷
Either I’ve been whooshed or you’re on the wrong thread.

Back to a war where civilians are being murdered because terrorists raped and murdered pensioners and children maybe?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here