Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Middle East conflict

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Israel can’t do it alone. Iran is a massive Country and these facilities would mostly be deep underground afaia.

The only peaceful resolution to prevent a war with Iran now (because this is gathering its own momentum, I think), would be if Iran came back to the table and signed a new Nuclear Non-Proliferation Deal with the US. That won’t happen if Trump wins the Election because he is pro-Netanyahu and Netanyahu imo has shown no indication that he wants peace with Hezbollah or Iran - but every indication he wants them gone.

Your talk is gathering its momentum.

How about you promote some talk within the Labour Party of some pressure on Starmer and Lammy for a change in direction and abiding by the ICJ ruling.

You could start with ending any arms sales to Israel and in recognising the Palestinian State?

Last edited:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Your talk is gathering its momentum.

How about you promote some talk amongst your Labour comrades of putting some pressure on Starmer and Lammy for a change in direction and abiding by the ICJ ruling.

You could start with ending any arms sales to Israel and in recognising the Palestinian State?
1727898507141.jpeg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Israel can’t do it alone. Iran is a massive Country and these facilities would mostly be deep underground afaia.

Since my earlier post today, the idea that this is building up to a conflict where Western allies with Israel take out Iran’s nuclear facilities seems to have become a ‘thing’ in MSN this evening for the first time, it might be on the agenda.

I think we should be under no doubt at all, that if this conflict in Gaza and now Lebanon, is a deliberate pre-curser to the West doing this, or even just mission creep - Israel has started so lets carry on (which I suggested might be the case back last October) - then we in the UK would be heading full on into war. The mission won’t be ‘defending Israel, nor will it be helping to get rid of Hezbollah in Lebanon (that won’t get the support of the UK public) , I believe it will be attacking Iran - ‘destroying Iran’s WMDs’. Sounds familiar?

The only peaceful resolution to prevent a war with Iran now (because this is gathering its own momentum, I think), would be if Iran came back to the table and signed a new Nuclear Non-Proliferation Deal with the US. That won’t happen if Trump wins the Election because he is pro-Netanyahu and Netanyahu imo has shown no indication that he wants peace with Hezbollah or Iran - but every indication he wants them gone.

A really interesting article which will answer your question specifically and how difficult it would be

Yep until the US election is done and dusted they won’t be doing too much. Really need to try and improve relations with Iran

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I’m at a loss to understand why the US and UK will shoot down Iranian missiles, but won’t shoot down Russian missiles fired at Ukraine. Double standards. It’s a disgrace.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I’m at a loss to understand why the US and UK will shoot down Iranian missiles, but won’t shoot down Russian missiles fired at Ukraine. Double standards. It’s a disgrace.
Wrong thread but …

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think a large part of it is because Iran’s mad leader doesn’t have access to enough nuclear warheads to obliterate the planet whereas Russia’s mad leader does, so the tightrope to walk is thinner.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I think a large part of it is because Iran’s mad leader doesn’t have access to enough nuclear warheads to obliterate the planet whereas Russia’s mad leader does, so the tightrope to walk is thinner.
As I said. Double standards.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Iran doesn't share a border with Israel, so there is opportunity for the US and UK to position themselves in the middle and shoot down missiles. They obviously can't move into Ukraine without becoming directly involved in the conflict. What they have done is to provide Ukraine with weapons to shoot down many of the missiles, so it's essentially doing the same thing.

Dec 29, 2011

Since my earlier post today, the idea that this is building up to a conflict where Western allies with Israel take out Iran’s nuclear facilities seems to have become a ‘thing’ in MSN this evening for the first time, it might be on the agenda.

I think we should be under no doubt at all, that if this conflict in Gaza and now Lebanon, is a deliberate pre-curser to the West doing this, or even just mission creep - Israel has started so lets carry on (which I suggested might be the case back last October) - then we in the UK would be heading full on into war. The mission won’t be ‘defending Israel, nor will it be helping to get rid of Hezbollah in Lebanon (that won’t get the support of the UK public) , I believe it will be attacking Iran - ‘destroying Iran’s WMDs’. Sounds familiar?

A really interesting article which will answer your question specifically and how difficult it would be

Imagine a US invasion on the pretext of WMDs. Would it be over as quickly as the Iraqi invasion, or does Iran have a lot better defences than Sadam had?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here