Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Middle East conflict

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What does Iran hope to achieve by this? It feels like suicide from them. What is their end game?
WW3. They want to pull in Russia and China and change the proxy war into a full on war. When religion is involved, the Iranian perpetrators care not for this life, they will be rewarded in paradise for their actions against Israel should they perish in what is surely a full blown war between Iran and Israel.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
WW3. They want to pull in Russia and China and change the proxy war into a full on war. When religion is involved, the Iranian perpetrators care not for this life, they will be rewarded in paradise for their actions against Israel should they perish in what is surely a full blown war between Iran and Israel.

Last I heard, there was also some 'religion' in Israel
Is that OK?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
What a strange question. Children and babies are normally held dear and protected.
If 17k children were killed by bombs in this country (UK) would you not feel like expressing some disgust?
Not at all. It’s all about language isn’t it? Slaughtered is far more inflammatory. Deliberate. Appropriate for the Hamas attacks yes when someone’s cutting a head off. Less so for an artillery shell hitting a block of flats.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not at all. It’s all about language isn’t it? Slaughtered is far more inflammatory. Deliberate. Appropriate for the Hamas attacks yes when someone’s cutting a head off. Less so for an artillery shell hitting a block of flats.
All innocent dying in the name of any religious belief are slaughtered.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not convinced by this at all. I’m sure they profess that publicly, but I imagine in private they are rather happy being in power with all the luxuries and privileges that brings. I can’t imagine they’re in too much of a rush to get to their 72 virgins.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think the extremist and fundamentalist elements of the Israeli government and the IDF are every bit as evil as their Iranian counterparts.
Far simpler reasons this time imho.

Netanyahu is going to keep perpetuating war/conflict as that enables him to stay in power and avoid his many corruption charges he's facing as soon as he leaves power.

Not downplaying what happened on Oct 7th and Israel right to reply, but new fronts in a never ending war suit Netanyahu and keep him out of jail.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Far simpler reasons this time imho.

Netanyahu is going to keep perpetuating war/conflict as that enables him to stay in power and avoid his many corruption charges he's facing as soon as he leaves power.

Not downplaying what happened on Oct 7th and Israel right to reply, but new fronts in a never ending war suit Netanyahu and keep him out of jail.
Both you and @Hugo Rune are right - Netanyahu has had Iran in his sights for years - he has built a political career on demonising Iran in order he can be the Hero leader that Israel needs to defend her. Ideologically, he is a far right leader being kept in power by extreme Religious Zionists who are warmongering zealots that want rid of Gaza and Iran. Capitulating with the far right of his cabinet combined with as you say, his need to avoid facing corruption charges, has directly led to where we are today. Even if Netanyahu wanted a ceasefire (which I don’t think he does) , he cannot agree to one otherwise he would lose the support of the Zionists keeping him in power.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Both you and @Hugo Rune are right - Netanyahu has had Iran in his sights for years - he has built a political career on demonising Iran in order he can be the Hero leader that Israel needs to defend her. Ideologically, he is a far right leader being kept in power by extreme Religious Zionists who are warmongering zealots that want rid of Gaza and Iran. Capitulating with the far right of his cabinet combined with as you say, his need to avoid facing corruption charges, has directly led to where we are today. Even if Netanyahu wanted a ceasefire (which I don’t think he does) , he cannot agree to one otherwise he would lose the support of the Zionists keeping him in power.

Interesting. Would you include the Zionists in the UK Government in that statement or just the Zionists in Israel or the U.S.
What I'm really trying to ask is are you talking exclusively about the Zionists in Israel?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Who'd have thought bombing residential areas, hospitals, schools, markets and refugee camps would lead to civilian deaths? I guess it's just collateral damage rather than slaughter though, right?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Interesting. Would you include the Zionists in the UK Government in that statement or just the Zionists in Israel or the U.S.
What I'm really trying to ask is are you talking exclusively about the Zionists in Israel?

1727817341220.png

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here