Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Middle East conflict

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Then he called it wrong. Hezbollah are not going to fold and Iran won’t watch from the sidelines - Israel’s actions since October have pushed Hezbollah to an all out war.

I am really not condoning any retaliation from Hezbollah or Iran but in recent months, Israel has all but destroyed Gaza, killing 10s of 1,000s of civilians, destroying mosques, schools, hospitals and refugee camps and 70% of the infrastructure. They have fired 8 times more rockets into Lebanon than Hezbollah, caused 3,000 injuries with the booby trapped pagers, killed the leader of Hamas, leader of Hezbollah and targeted top military Iranian leader in Damascus - all of which might seem like a victory to Israel - unless Hezbollah and Iran retaliate with force.

I suggested this possible scenario nearly a year ago on this thread - it is all very predictable where this is going.
Why can’t everyone be as open minded as you? The world would be a safer place.

Molango's visa

Molango's visa
Sep 7, 2007
London, UK
Why can’t everyone be as open minded as you? The world would be a safer place.
@Zeberdi has been scrupulously careful to post facts without taking sides. A lesson for some is that making critical comments is not taking sides. Whereas relentlessly throwing opprobrium at one side is pointless and tedious.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Then he called it wrong. Hezbollah are not going to fold and Iran won’t watch from the sidelines - Israel’s actions since October have pushed Hezbollah to an all out war.

I am really not condoning any retaliation from Hezbollah or Iran but in recent months, Israel has all but destroyed Gaza, killing 10s of 1,000s of civilians, destroying mosques, schools, hospitals and refugee camps and 70% of the infrastructure. They have fired 8 times more rockets into Lebanon than Hezbollah, caused 3,000 injuries with the booby trapped pagers, killed the leader of Hamas, leader of Hezbollah and targeted top military Iranian leader in Damascus - all of which might seem like a victory to Israel - unless Hezbollah and Iran retaliate with force.

I suggested this possible scenario nearly a year ago on this thread - it is all very predictable where this is going.
With what seems the unconditional backing and funding from the US Israel will regularly get home in wins in numerous conflicts in the region. But the chance of winning the peace gets less and less every time.

As for Netanyuhu, yes the main objective is staying out of jail as long as possible. When the chips are down war is a rallying cry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here