Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Middle East conflict

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If there is apartheid in Gaza, then that is down to Hamas, the democratically elected government body... Israel has had no political say in Gaza since 2005.
Nor have any civilians in Gaza.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
An over simplification given the Saudis hate Iran and are already fighting the Houthis.
I’m not talking about Saudis. The Houthis have been kicking their arses for years. Iran has heavily armed militias in countries all around the region. There’s a real threat that these factions could launch a massive coordinated missile attack on Israel, iron dome will not be able to cope with thousands of rockets and missiles being launched from all directions simultaneously. Iran should not be underestimated.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’m not talking about Saudis. The Houthis have been kicking their arses for years. Iran has heavily armed militias in countries all around the region. There’s a real threat that these factions could launch a massive coordinated missile attack on Israel, iron dome will not be able to cope with thousands of rockets and missiles being launched from all directions simultaneously. Iran should not be underestimated.
You said Arab/Muslim world. Don’t the Saudis count?

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
iedl6biy7mrd1.jpeg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
OK Jonny, you need a history lesson
Hi, historian here, so I certainly don’t. Therefore, I will ask the questions you avoided answering.

Do Palestinians have a right to exist? Do they have a right to a homeland not illegally occupied?

Note that the “illegal occupation” in this sense refers not to the state of Israel as a whole but to the illegally annexed territories by settlers on the West Bank. If you’d like me to include the Golan Heights (even though this is obviously not Palestinian territory) too then do let me know.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It almost seems like Bibby has had the results of tests and has started on his bucket list.
I suspect it’s less test results and more legal advice. He, like a certain other right wing wannabe dictator I will neither name nor buy a watch from, will do anything to stay out of prison. Literally anything.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Stop being a twat. You know exactly what I meant.
You’re over simplifying it as many do when it comes to the Middle East.

Far too many bring it down to Jews (inevitably bad) v Muslims (inevitably victims) without mentioning that Shia and Sunni would happily rip each other to bits.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I am not sure you have much clarity around the military balance in that region... Jordan and Egypt won't attack Israel, they have both largely prospered since signing security agreements with Israel.... Syria has ceased to be a credible military entity since the Russians, US, UK and many others bombed the shit out of them.

Lebanon has a mostly ineffective military.

Iran won't attack.

Iraq is knackered.

Turkey is NATO, they will follow orders.

That leaves the Houthi, Hamas, Hezbollah jihadist nutcases ( Fatah too I guess)..... NONE of these would present an enduring threat to a military machine honed over 70 odd years.

Last edited:

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
If he’s asking he would say “ so I know”
I think it’s a NSC 1st being asked where someone is from. Do you think it’s a nice question?
Yes it's a perfectly reasonable question. Why not when you speak of "it takes balls" ( a vey sick comment). If you are a dual-national fair enough, if you are Israeli, as I've said before I doubt your motives for being here

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't know enough about Israel's plans and tactics, but I can't help feeling they're sewing their own downfall.

Surely they can't fight the entire middle-east forever more and hope to come out safe? The best they can hope for, is to win, and motivate millions of orphans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here