Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky in trouble..

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He'll be lucky to get any points against Reading and Millwall. Well be a nice easy payday and probable retirement for Mickey. It does seem that managing a team above League Two is beyond him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It does seem that managing a team above League Two is beyond him.

He did take Leicester back up to the Prem at the first time of asking (although the cheating thieving scumbags had kept almost their entire Premiership squad together from the previous relegation, so this wasn't a great surprise).

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Has he signed Adam Virgo yet?

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
So long as Forest don't go up as well. It'd be crap to have no trips to Nottingham OR Sheffield.

Totally with you on Forest. Their fans are such arrogant twatheads. I'd love to play them if we go up next season. Must say, begrudgingly, Billy Davies is pretty good.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
But didn't you hear? Sheff Wed are being awarded the League 1 Championship title for the unfairness of their league position and generally being a massive club.

I heard a rumour that title was being awarded to SCC, maybe they've got second place.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Ridiculous appointment in the first place.As many of us said on here,it will almost certainly end in tears.
Didn't the United Chairman look at his recent record and modus operandi?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
He did take Leicester back up to the Prem at the first time of asking ...

Despite this, when Leicester won at Shef Utd recently, Mickey didn't get mentioned on the local TV preview or match highlights. They usually go on and on about old managers, but Mickey seems to be a "non-person" here now!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Should never have walked out of Port Vale. Let his heart rule his head (can't really blame him though he wouldn't want to manage the team they support) but they were in the shit before he got there and had limited funds, was only going to go one way

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Indeed.
But having been the one who appointed him in the first place, maybe he should be reviewing his own position as well (like THATS gonna happen). Pathetic how these clueless stuffed suits blithely carry on hiring and firing off the back of a few bum results. OK it wasn't their fault they lost Gary Speed, but to bring a guy in and then start getting the jitters with him after 7 games...idiotic. Just as bad as the dullards at WBA.

Spot on. Classic case of the chairman failing to recognise his own bad decisions.

That secongd sending off is HILARIOUS.

what an idiot.

but doesn't look like adams will survive

Published on Mon Feb 07 08:59:34 GMT 2011

MICKY Adams had asked Sheffield United to issue a statement of intent after sliding into the relegation zone before travelling to Portman Road.

So he could scarcely conceal his dismay after watching them capitulate in such alarming fashion against Ipswich Town.

United, who just five years ago had aspirations of qualifying for Europe, are instead destined for League One.

Adams, whose side are now four points adrift of safety, confronted the issue head on during a brutally frank post-match inquest.

“Can it get much worse? I hope not,” he said. “But you’ve got to be fearful that it could.

“Everyone at this club has got to take collective responsibility for the situation we are in. The players, the staff, previous managers and myself, even though I’ve only been here for less than two months. There’s nothing to be gained from hiding that fact.”

Adams inherited a threadbare squad patched up with loan signings when he recently became United’s fourth manager of the season.

“The two sendings-off were ridiculous,” Adams said. “I’m not complaining. I can’t condone what either did.”

Jewell must be breathing a sigh of relief that the transfer window has now closed. For Adams, meanwhile, it can not re-open fast enough.

Boss’s View

We got what we deserved. Nothing. I don’t think keeping 11 players on the pitch would have made any difference. We were losing 3-0 at the time. We kept picking the wrong pass and we’ve not really tested their goalkeeper at all.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A Leicester friend said that there are mixed feelings for Adams and he 'set them back with his transfer policy'.

Indeed. And repeated it with us as well. Are there any ADAMS signings still with us?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Micky always wanted to better himself but sometimes managers & players should just stay at where their level is and you would think with 4 league titles under his belt he know where this was!

Should never have left Port Vale.

The Utd Chairman though is utterly clueless, to have taken a man who has so many recent failures on his CV, just because of 1 good season at Port Vale.

Micky Adams is much like a journeyman heavyweight keeping fighting for one last pay day. Micky Adams is the footballing equivalent of Audley Harrison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here