Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky in trouble..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can remember the moment I found out Micky had gone. I got a text from a mate completely out of the blue just saying "Adams has gone to Leicester". Initially I thought he meant TONY Adams and thought little more of it. :dunce:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And as gutted as I was when he left the Albion for Leicester, we were in the 3rd division and they were in the Prem - again, you could hardly blame him. It was a bit of a surprise him going in initially as no2 to Bassett, but he'd clearly been promised the managers job once that season was over.

He had also made it very clear that he expected interviews for better jobs than the one he had, expressing publically his disappointment that he hadn't been asked for an interview by Saints or West Ham. It doesn't get much more disprespectful to the club you are with than that. I have no sympathy with him, he made his bed etc..sorry.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Funny times with Horton as well. Wasn't it built on success away from home - so if you only saw home games there was not much sign of progress. As above though - any progress was set back by Woods.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I can remember the moment I found out Micky had gone. I got a text from a mate completely out of the blue just saying "Adams has gone to Leicester". Initially I thought he meant TONY Adams and thought little more of it. :dunce:

Same here. I can remember it clearly, I was stood in the server room with my FD, as we were being told about some impending disaster by our IT geek. Just like you, my initial reaction was confusion. I wondered what Adams the text could be talking about, and could only think Tony, but that seemed ridiculous.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't believe he's brought Dave Bassett back.

It'll be the Dark Ages all over again at Bramall Lane :lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Same here. I can remember it clearly, I was stood in the server room with my FD, as we were being told about some impending disaster by our IT geek. Just like you, my initial reaction was confusion. I wondered what Adams the text could be talking about, and could only think Tony, but that seemed ridiculous.

I was doing that van job at the time, driving through London when I got the text, so I was quite distracted anyway. Glad I wasn't the only one that didn't initially put 2 and 2 together quite right....in fairness, it hadn't even crossed my mind that Adams was leaving, it was completely out of the blue wasn't it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Adams will ALWAYS be an Albion legend in my eyes for the way he transformed this club from the joke it had become. He pulled us up by our jockstraps and finally, after years of decline, gave us a team to be proud of - the backbone of which took us up through two divisons and into the Championship. After he'd left for Leicester, he still went to the trouble of coming back down here and taking part in the march along the seafront in support of Falmer.

His second spell here was an unmitigated disaster, there's obviously no denying that. But it doesn't wipe out his achievements with us the first time round as far as I'm concerned. He was the man which gave this club back its self respect after two years of finishing 91st.

Amen to that, people have such short memories.

I can't believe he's brought Dave Bassett back.

It'll be the Dark Ages all over again at Bramall Lane :lol:

so it won't take long for the Sheef Utd board to realise that Adams can't hack it at this level, and gently ease him upstairs and give the day job to Bassett

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm somewhat amazed to note that Bob Booker doesn't appear to have boarded the Adams & Bassett Fun Bus yet, given his strong connections with both the men and the club.

Agent_Torpor

May 1, 2009
6a00d8345192c169e2010536ddb2ad970b-800wi
lolololololol

horam267

Feb 24, 2010
He has only had one good managerial spell with any club and that was us first time round.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
They are deep in a relegation battle, not sure if they have the funds to get rid?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here