Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky in trouble..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The body language from the Blades players is absolutely AWFUL.

At 2-NIL down Ipswich get a penalty, brilliantly saved by Simonsen, thus keeping the Blades in the game. Normally a keepers would be swamped by grateful defenders, but here only one guy goes up to him and even them it a tap on the hand from afar.

There's a long way to go but with 2 points out of 21 and a couple of tricky matches coming up I'd say they look odds-on to go down.

As for those who say Micky should have stayed at Vale, you're hardly going to turn down the prospect of managing the team you support on probably 3 times as much money.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
the rumour going round towards the end of shift at work, is that micky has left ! we await the truth !

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well if Mickey goes the chairman will have not only paid compensation to him but also to Port Vale. Given that Sheffield Utd are not exactly flush I think maybe said chairman should take a hike.

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
I thought Adams would know the lower leagues and bring in come young hungry developing talent; instead he has bought old donkeys.

Originally Posted by JohnDenver
His job isn't to earn your respect, it's to keep us up. Belittling his players in public isn't going to help meet that objective.
If he cant earn the respect of a 52 year old fat man what chance has he got with a load of has beens and loanees to whom hes depending on to save the club from relegation

sound familar??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's just not the same manager as he was 10 years ago.

When he first took over at the Albion, he took the opportunity to clear out all the deadwood and brought in a load of players who he'd had a lot of success with in the fairly recent past, at Fulham in particular. Add one very, very spcial striker into the mix and that was the spine of a team that stood us in good stead for 2-3 years.

He's not had that pool of quality former players to draw upon since those days, hence the main tactic of delving into the loans market and throwing together a hotchpotch of a team as he did in his 2nd spell here, and as he's now doing at Sheff U.

They're doomed.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Like I said on another thread the day they appointed Adams was the day they resigned themselves to League One football.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He's just not the same manager as he was 10 years ago.

When he first took over at the Albion, he took the opportunity to clear out all the deadwood and brought in a load of players who he'd had a lot of success with in the fairly recent past, at Fulham in particular. Add one very, very spcial striker into the mix and that was the spine of a team that stood us in good stead for 2-3 years.

He's not had that pool of quality former players to draw upon since those days, hence the main tactic of delving into the loans market and throwing together a hotchpotch of a team as he did in his 2nd spell here, and as he's now doing at Sheff U.

They're doomed.

As has been pointed out before though, at Brighton he brought in players that had played for him at other clubs. He might even be considered lucky that he got the raw talent of B. Zamora but he really hasn't acheived much since. I would imagine that there's more than a few Vale fans who are having a giggle now. The problem with clubs like the SHeffield pair is that they are living in the past. The managers' job at either club come s with a weight of expectation that really doesn't apply here.

Let's face it, the vast majority of us would have been happy to be in the top half last July, if somebody had suggested we'd go top and stay there in September we probably would have called the Drug Squad ! Of course the two Sheffiled clubs fully expected to be nailed on certs for promotion, I know that Wednesday were many peoples' favourites.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Has he started saying that some utterly absymally abject performances really weren't too bad? Or that he didn't realise he had to be top by now?

The man's a spent force, sadly - utterly reliant on a good bunch of decidely fourth division players that he took with him from club to club before they retired but without whom he serves no purpose and has apparently no clue whatsoever. I'm astonished United employed him.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe they (Ipswich) were too big for them (Utd)?

Maybe he played a Utd centre back anywhere but centreback? I suggest right midfield or left wing.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
If memory serves with Bobby Zamora, we got a bit lucky in that Adams wanted to sign Lorenzo Pinamonte but he went to Brentford instead? The players he signed first time round were generally excellent but then Fulham were busy shipping good players as Al Fayed was splashing the cash.

BoF's list of players Adams signed for us 2nd time around is woeful. Mcleod, Livermore and Hawkins in particular were dire. Compare that with Calderon, Painter and say Lua Lua and it's like a different world in such a short space of time.

Adam Virgo on the wing, the players need a cuddle, the desperate signings. Its a wonder he rehabilitated himself so well at Port Vale with signings like Fraser and Loft who he never even rated whilst he was here. Looks like his luck has run out at Sheff Utd.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
There are three worse teams than them in the league... they will stay up. Or so Micky would say.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What is it with you people?

Doesnt anyone remember how we all felt when Micky won us back to back promotions not that many years ago?, he was regarded as an absolute legend then wasnt he?, just because things havent worked out for him since, including a 2nd spell here, people start to get on hiis back, sorry, but you dont become a bad manager overnight. Oh what short memories some people have.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If it wasn't for MA and his first stint at the club we would have been a mediocre L2 club for the last 10 years.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What is it with you people?

Doesnt anyone remember how we all felt when Micky won us back to back promotions not that many years ago?, he was regarded as an absolute legend then wasnt he?, just because things havent worked out for him since, including a 2nd spell here, people start to get on hiis back, sorry, but you dont become a bad manager overnight. Oh what short memories some people have.

I only recall ONE promotion under Adams?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here