Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micheal Owen leaving the Grand with Poyet and Bloom (merged madness)

glentana

glentana
Oct 6, 2010
hastings
But just imagine it.... oh lordy. I would be banned from Falmer for life for wanking in my seat watching Owen in a Brighton shirt
Not much chance of that.....always injured or at the races. He stated in an interview that he would much rather sit on the bench with top class players than drop down the leagues. His trip to Brighton (if true) was to do with the GGs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. He stated in an interview that he would much rather sit on the bench with top class players than drop down the leagues. .

Really? If so, a shit attitude AND a f***ed hamstring, doesn't sound like a Gus type player to me

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Yes there is some kudos in having Michael Owen at the Club (or at least him being mentioned) and I like the thought of Owen scoring a hat trick when we administer a thashing to Palarse at Selhurst.........but there are so many reasons why this deal doesn't sound right:

1. Don't think we can really afford him - yes TB says we will have the budget for a competitive squad in the Championship but has also always said the Club needs to become self financing. Our income needs to cover all of our increasing costs i.e. running the aforementioned competitive Championship squad, under a star manager and servicing the day to day costs for the Amex and a new training complex /academy. Even the ST income and gate receipts for 20k crowds make this marginal. Owen's reputation and image may attract more media interest and sponsors but why pay a huge portion of our income to one player?
2. Would break the wages structure and piss off the other players
3. What has he got to prove? Why would he want to come to B&HA? Will he be up for getting stuck in for a Championship team?
4. His family and interests (race horses etc) are established up North
5. After a few months of commuting by plane / helicopter he'll get fed up
6. When we really need Owen, he'll be injured. He is a china doll these days. Might as well buy Jonathan Woodgate and Ledley King too.
7. The other Championship teams will target him and he'll get kicked off the park (bit like Wardy did)
8. If TB did find some serious money then I would rather we go for Diego Forlan (yes, I know - binfest alert) or similar, would probably be a better return on our money and get us 20-25 goals.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
8. If TB did find some serious money then I would rather we go for Diego Forlan (yes, I know - binfest alert) or similar, would probably be a better return on our money and get us 20-25 goals.

That is the funniest thing I have ever read on here. One of the top 5 players in a World Cup less than 12 months ago even being mentioned as someone we could go for.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That is the funniest thing I have ever read on here. One of the top 5 players in a World Cup less than 12 months ago even being mentioned as someone we could go for.
Do you mean funniest or do you mean stupidest? ???

Let's get Hernandez in - you know, that kiddy who just had a half decent season for Man Utd.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
We are in danger of making ourselves a laughing stock by keeping this obviously made up "rumour" on our board. I have more chance of playing next season than Owen does.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

I like Forlan, but Messi would be much better in my opinion. What a load of sh1te, is this serious about Owen? Or one of those joke sites. I see at the bottom of the page Glenn is linked with yet another club, Forest. His agent must be busy spouting stories, just how many clubs is that now linked with Glenn? Is it double figures yet?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Forlan. Only took 5 mins to get a few bites with that one....ha ha.

In the same way that the Owen thread is off and running.........it's the silly season.

As previously posted I think Gus will do some shrewd business - maybe abroad, and get better value. China dolls or champagne charlies don't fit his style.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008

He's going to besiktas for 8 million apparently, he's fell out with the manager and the fans have turned on him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
that transfer rumours site is really funny!

the good news is that apparently Owen is going to Southampton but we will sign Bebe from Man U instead. Norwich are going to take Bennett off us and dump us with McNamee (presumably because they don't want him rather than because we do) while we sign Ounare Tounkara from Oldham and Matty Fryatt from Leicester. But Hoskins will turn us down in favour of Yeovil seemingly!

serious amusement :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Even though I know it's all rubbish, I can't help having that nagging what if feeling
Which is why you phone the 0900 numbers when you've been told you've won the Canadian National Lottery

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Hi Raul - are you looking forward to signing for Brighton - I know its been a lifelong ambition to play in the championship and would be the crowning glory on a wonderful career!
We are in danger of making ourselves a laughing stock by keeping this obviously made up "rumour" on our board. I have more chance of playing next season than Owen does.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Matt Fryatt now plays for Hull City.

and Tounkara (as far as I know) is still registered to Sunderland (and still can't score goals despite being described as having an "impressive season").

I'm just guessing here but that site may well be where the Owen rumour began and you may have spotted that it is just a touch unreliable

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
Not much chance of that.....always injured or at the races. He stated in an interview that he would much rather sit on the bench with top class players than drop down the leagues. His trip to Brighton (if true) was to do with the GGs.

Better tell Michael that Brighton is not on the Wirrall. We made that mistake with Mickey Thomas

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here