Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micheal Owen leaving the Grand with Poyet and Bloom (merged madness)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I'm going to have to stay off nsc cos the more I read this shit the more I start to believe it cya in a few months

You do get drawn in,i must admit.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I know what you mean, on one hand I think its utterly ridiculous - its Michael Owen FFS! But then I keep seeing these articles and odds from the bookies and can't help but think, do they know something?

Well,not impossible....Bobby Smith (Spurs and England Centre Forward) anyone old enough to remember,played for England...six months later signed for Brighton,I know a lot of things went on behind the scenes but it certainly shook up the world of football especially as Brighton were then in the 4th Div at the time...but Owen...who knows for sure....

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If we can't afford Glenn's wage demands I don't think we could even afford Owen's weekly phone bill to his horse trainers!
I remember Bobby Smith signing and couldn't believe it.My God,that was a long time ago!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Drawing the curtains, turning off the phone, unplugging the broadband, setting the alarm to wake me up for the first league match....the only way to deal with these constant rumours

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bobby Smith played in an era when top players often dropped down the leagues as their careers wound down. That doesnt happen now, because they earn so much they simply have no need to keep going (and would never lower themselves). Yes, it was still seen as a massive signing for the club, but there wasn't such a dramatic difference between wages across football then either. And it's well documented that he had gambling debts which the Albion board agreed to pay off for him.

Michael Owen earns more in a week than our entire squad put together, will be looking at the minimum for another PL club, no matter how crap he's been in recent years, and is also a bit of a professional northerner, who bought half the houses in the same close so his whole family can live together. Doesn't sound to me like the sort of guy who's going to up sticks and move a couple of hundred miles down south to play for a newly promoted, by-no-means-rich second division team to me.

Wake up, people :lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I have ordered my shirt, I'm so excited it cannot even wait for the new shirts

preview-shirt.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But we can....

If it came down to taking Owen in preference to Glenn I'd be disappointed. There is no doubt Owen is the far superior player but the risk on his fitness is way bigger than the risk on Glenn being able to make the step up. I'd rather have a less injury prone star player than Owen. If we are gonna splash out on a host of star players I'd probably feel differently.

Can we have Forlan please :lolol:

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Would be as big a mistake and total waste of money, the greedy little shit is physically f***ed, doesn't give a monkeys about the clubs he plays for, just the payday/publicity. He wouldn't fare at all well with the big, physical defenders in the championship either now is pace has gone.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Just off to get my Owen and Heskey tatoos now! Not going to wait for the formality of them actually signing, I just want to be the first. And yeah, they're overpaid has-beens - but people have heard of them!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I've just heard from an incredible sauce that Michael Owen has actually once been to Brighton and has even heard of Gus Poyet.

Don't shoot the messenger.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here