Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mendoza10 has just been thrown out of Whaddon Road...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
THE supporters in the front row, did that include a "yob" looking guy with a baby in his arms? about midway through the first half?
I saw him F'ing at stewards because he wanted to sit in the front row, it looked great arguing with a stewards with babe in arms!!

Yeah, there was a chap with a young boy in his arms. Actually the baby was in one arm (singular) - he had a curious way of carrying his kid I thought.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I've thought about this a little bit more. It was in fact the same ultra-large steward who greeted us as we walked up to the entrance to the away end. He made my little 5 year old very welcome and gave her a sticker. The sticker was, of course, 'Kick racism out of football'. To a 5 year old, of course, any sticker is the best thing in the world for a moment or two.

I didn't get a sticker :rant:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Alternatively, we could all chip in a few quid and pack him off to Cuba.

http://85.234.132.19/showthread.php?t=114196
A cheaper option is to phone the American Embassy in London and tell them that you know the location of an Al Qaeda operative - they will call round and bundle him off for a bit of rendition in Guantanamo Bay and also give him a bright orange jumpsuit to wear ( the nearest thing to looking like a steward in Cuba )

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Because they were too easy a target, there must have been about 30 of them, they were all singing it and could easily have been rounded up and shown the door...far more fun for stewards to single out an individual and have a scuffle whilst removing them from the stand.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fat people have feelings as well you know.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Maybe I'm getting OLD and that, but what's with the whole abuse culture anyway? Not saying I never used to do it, but the idea of chanting abuse in crowds to stewerds (who can be wankers, I know) just suddenly seems a bit daft. If you join in you're always going to be running the risk of getting thrown out, and tough shit I say.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I wasn't there but this is all getting a bit a silly. I've been following the Albion away since the mid 60s. Personally I prefered the football experience in the 70s and 80s despite the hooligan problems. Society now is becoming obsessive and intransigent about a range of issues yet there is more abuse and unpleasantness. The idea of chucking people out of grounds is that they are meant to be a danger to others or racist. Brett and Rumble obviously aren't but you've got to justify it so lets just play the racism card as the steward came from Wales.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Of course, these are the same cheltenham stewards that wouldn't let Emily in whilst still in her pram. prams are dangerous in Cheltenham!

Things must have changed since then, there was a bloke yesterday with a toddler and a kid in a push chair, one of the stewards opened the side door so they could all get through and then waited whilst he paid at the turnstile. I have a funny feeling that it might have been the same person mentioned in this thread who was shouting abuse and gesticulating whilst holding a baby with his other arm.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm stunned at the content of this thread. Stunned that people are more concerned by the rights and wrongs of singing 'have you ever seen you dick?' to a fat steward, and babies at football, than they are by one of our crowd yelling "Go right through the ******", when their number 10 dared run with the ball.

I was so pleased when he got slung out ten minutes later..
In hindsight, though, I wish we as fellow Albion fans had confronted him at the time. I certainly wish I had, and have no doubt that I would have too, if I'd not had my little lad with me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm stunned at the content of this thread. Stunned that people are more concerned by the rights and wrongs of singing 'have you ever seen you dick?' to a fat steward, and babies at football, than they are by one of our crowd yelling "Go right through the ******", when their number 10 dared run with the ball.

In hindsight, though, I wish we as fellow Albion fans had confronted him at the time. I certainly wish I had, and have no doubt that I would have too, if I'd not had my little lad with me.

I'm not 'concerned' at the things you mention above, just passing comment. As to the specific racial abuse you mention - I didn't hear any at all on Saturday and this is the first time I've read what was said.

Absolutely disgraceful, obviously, and you are of course 110% right that the necessary action was taken. Let's hope some sort of formal caution was undertaken and the culprit concerned receives a ban from attending Albion games.

Bloody right Hans. Any one shouting shit like that deserves to be slung out and hopefully stopped from attending again.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I do rember, regardles of what happened on Saturday that the stewards were a little over zealous last season, at the last game. Many were not allowed in the ground before kick off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here