Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mendoza10 has just been thrown out of Whaddon Road...

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Apparently, with a fair whack of the away crowd singing at a fat, white steward (bigger than me and Uncle Buck put together it seems) 'who ate all the pies?', the stewards picked on Brett and Rumble at half-time for 'racially abusing' him.

Al, this steward makes you look positively svelt, buff in fact!!

:D

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He certainly was a big lad. Can't imagine a week goes by when the away fans don't give him a bit of grief though. You'd think he'd be used to it.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How about the group of yoof in the stand to our right singing homophobic songs in our direction, didn't see any of the stewards steaming in to chuck any of them out...surely that is just as bad as singling someone out for "sizeist" abuse...or doesn't anyone give a toss about that rule.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
How about the group of yoof in the stand to our right singing homophobic songs in our direction, didn't see any of the stewards steaming in to chuck any of them out...surely that is just as bad as singling someone out for "sizeist" abuse...or doesn't anyone give a toss about that rule.

It was worth it when we scored though:laugh:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom

No Hot Food

Jul 10, 2003
One guy was thrown out at the back, left of the goal. He shouted a pretty offensive racist comment, aimed at their number 10, and was removed some 10 mins later, presumably having been reported by somebody else in our stand. Fair play to whoever it was.

I should stress this was NOT brett or rumble - this was a completely different part of the stand. Possibly the stories / reasons for the various ejections got mixed up?

This other guy's comment was loud enough for plenty of people to hear, including Joel Lynch who was right by us. He turned round looking seriously pissed off, and after being calmed down by Alex Revell, they went and sat in another part of the stand. Wasn't our finest moment, it has to be said.

i would say it was the ultimate offensive racist comment. i spoke to Alex Revell after the game and asked him to thank the person who reported the idiot in question to the stewards as he knew who had done so. Alex was somewhat pissed off and embarrassed at the incident himself. Joel Lynch was apparently a lot more than "seriously pissed off" and rightly so.

This idiot is a type of person i would gladly never see at an Albion match ever again.Although by the sounds of it, the stewards today may have made a few incorrect decisions, the prompt ejection of this person deserves praise.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Apparently, with a fair whack of the away crowd singing at a fat, white steward (bigger than me and Uncle Buck put together it seems) 'who ate all the pies?', the stewards picked on Brett and Rumble at half-time for 'racially abusing' him.

He was told he'd be arrested if he tried to get back in. PC Balkham saw him outside and asked him what he'd been slung out for, and Brett was so busy laughing at the ludicriousness of it, he just told him he'd no idea. He's now in the pub, probably expecting to drink out on the back of this tale.

But seeing as Brett has now been branded a racist, he's not going to have fish & chips tonight, cos that's too English, so he'll contend himself with some chicken and rice, or maybe some cous cous. Should be easy enough to find in Cheltenham.

I find it rather ironic that Brett should get thrown out at Cheltenham for being racist, the town that chased a Tory candidate out in 1992 for being a "bl***y n****r. John Taylor, now Lord Taylor of Warwick, was a thoroughly decent individual, yes Al, even you would have liked him. The language he had to put up with from fellow Tories was, quite frankly, disgusting. The previous Tory had a solid majority. John Taylor ended up losing to a Lib Dum.

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
well having gone to infant and junior school with mendoza10 im shocked to say the least....having said that he was always a mean bugger with a rounders bat in his hand

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
It's pretty ironic that because the stewards outside were so helpful I was able to leave a ticket with one of them so Brett could get into the game in the first place. They were really friendly and helpful down the end I was, helping us put our flag up and everything but then none of them were horizontally challenged. Sounds like I missed all the fun, not for the first time!

maybe time for the injured parties to lay it on thick and demand free upgrades to hospitality etc etc..
Hospitality isn't good enough, in my opinion. Brett should be selected to PLAY in the JPT match. Did people not see him NUTMEG Nicky Forster the other week? Dick Knight was more than impressed.

Sort it out, Wilkins.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Bugger RIGHT off!! :glare:

Will you leave me alone. :D:bigwave:

Brett's a filthy racist and the sooner his sort are banned, the better :angry: :jester:

Rumble did indeed add theft to his growing crime sheet. I left him at about 6.45, so I'd imagine you can add drunk and disorderly into the mix by now as well. :nono:

wait till the VIDEO appears - i felt like you were practically BEGGING me not to publish it at half time!

maybe we can do a "best of oaf compilation" - hartlepool and the famous sheffield united incident combined!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
If I had been thrown out of a football ground after being falsely accused of racial abuse I would be on the phone to the Chief Executive of the offending club first thing tomorrow morning demanding an apology.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've thought about this a little bit more. It was in fact the same ultra-large steward who greeted us as we walked up to the entrance to the away end. He made my little 5 year old very welcome and gave her a sticker. The sticker was, of course, 'Kick racism out of football'. To a 5 year old, of course, any sticker is the best thing in the world for a moment or two.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What on EARTH did they sing to have them ejected for racism?

Maybe something along the lines of...

you're fat, you're white
your diet regime is shite

???

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
The Albion fans that were causing the bother (not Rumble and Brett) about sitting in the front row were being arses, in my opinion, although I suspect it was drink fuelled and not malicious. There was plenty of space and there was no need to sit in the front row, nomatter what one thought of the 'please keep the front row clear' request. The standard orange vested stewards were just doing their job.

However, a very large (and presumably senior) steward came over and intervened. It had the look of something that was about to boil over but the large steward was absolutely superb. He sent the orange coats on their way, had a friendly chat with the fans who had been kicking off and it all ended amicably with hand shaking and smiles. He let them stay in the front row where they were. I recall it all very clearly as it was one of the most 'applying common sense' examples of stewarding I have seen. The bloke played a blinder and completely diffused a situation that could have turned nasty.

Of course whilst all this was going on, some of our more intelligent fans were singing 'have you ever seen your dick' at him. Nice, I'll bet he was glad he bothered.

(Note: I'm not suggesting Rumble and Brett were involved in this singing - I simply have no idea)

THE supporters in the front row, did that include a "yob" looking guy with a baby in his arms? about midway through the first half?
I saw him F'ing at stewards because he wanted to sit in the front row, it looked great arguing with a stewards with babe in arms!!

1066gull

Ridiculous.

They should try ejecting the fans giving us homophobic abuse! LOL!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here