Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mendoza10 has just been thrown out of Whaddon Road...

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Since we seem to have comprehensively examined and ruled out the possibility of Mendoza and Rumble being racists, perhaps the fat white steward had forgotten that Obesity has yet to be deemed a race.

Or he could have been resorting to the feeble old tactic employed by stewards who are losing the plot - "If in doubt, throw them out".

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
They may have simply misheard it.

Instead of racial abuse, the ugly steward might've been complaining of 'facial abuse'.
:jester:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
well, tecnically the club should ban them for life

I blame McGhee

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Apparently, with a fair whack of the away crowd singing at a fat, white steward (bigger than me and Uncle Buck put together it seems) 'who ate all the pies?', the stewards picked on Brett and Rumble at half-time for 'racially abusing' him.

He was told he'd be arrested if he tried to get back in. PC Balkham saw him outside and asked him what he'd been slung out for, and Brett was so busy laughing at the ludicriousness of it, he just told him he'd no idea. He's now in the pub, probably expecting to drink out on the back of this tale.

But seeing as Brett has now been branded a racist, he's not going to have fish & chips tonight, cos that's too English, so he'll contend himself with some chicken and rice, or maybe some cous cous. Should be easy enough to find in Cheltenham.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
oaf was not removed, and i am pleased to report he did NOT fall over today

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
and with regards to the incident, i didnt see it myself, but recieved a text from rumble saying him and brett had been chucked out for being racist. if it was the case that they simply called a steward fat, then half of the crowd should have been chucked out

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Here's Arthritic Toe's testimony of the incident. I don't know those involved so consider me independent. There was a bit of a argument between some people at the front and one of the stewards. Some nothing argument about sitting in the front row - apparently the stewards wanted to keep it clear. Plenty of people were expressing the opinion that the stewards were being a bit over enthusiastic and everyone was having a laugh. The guy who was later ejected was just fooling about - he was being ironic - calling the elderly BHA supporter who was the subject of the stewards wrath, "a bastard for sitting down in a seat". Everyone was laughing about it - there was no aggression. However I saw the "spotter" steward who was stood behind the goal looking directly at him and talking into his microphone. I guess he appeared to him to be stirring things up. I think it was very harsh to chuck him out, which I assume they did quietly at half time.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I used to work at Whaddon Road as a steward. Some of them were the biggest bunch of twats imaginable. More than happy to enflame a situation with scant regard of ruining someones day by having them thrown out or disrupting other peoples enjoyment. Alot of stewards are certainly lacking in common courtesy and are unable to use their own initiative or simply just on a power trip.

Sorry to hear that they were thrown out unreasonably.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Here's Arthritic Toe's testimony of the incident. I don't know those involved so consider me independent. There was a bit of a argument between some people at the front and one of the stewards. Some nothing argument about sitting in the front row - apparently the stewards wanted to keep it clear. Plenty of people were expressing the opinion that the stewards were being a bit over enthusiastic and everyone was having a laugh. The guy who was later ejected was just fooling about - he was being ironic - calling the elderly BHA supporter who was the subject of the stewards wrath, "a bastard for sitting down in a seat". Everyone was laughing about it - there was no aggression. However I saw the "spotter" steward who was stood behind the goal looking directly at him and talking into his microphone. I guess he appeared to him to be stirring things up. I think it was very harsh to chuck him out, which I assume they did quietly at half time.

The Albion fans that were causing the bother (not Rumble and Brett) about sitting in the front row were being arses, in my opinion, although I suspect it was drink fuelled and not malicious. There was plenty of space and there was no need to sit in the front row, nomatter what one thought of the 'please keep the front row clear' request. The standard orange vested stewards were just doing their job.

However, a very large (and presumably senior) steward came over and intervened. It had the look of something that was about to boil over but the large steward was absolutely superb. He sent the orange coats on their way, had a friendly chat with the fans who had been kicking off and it all ended amicably with hand shaking and smiles. He let them stay in the front row where they were. I recall it all very clearly as it was one of the most 'applying common sense' examples of stewarding I have seen. The bloke played a blinder and completely diffused a situation that could have turned nasty.

Of course whilst all this was going on, some of our more intelligent fans were singing 'have you ever seen your dick' at him. Nice, I'll bet he was glad he bothered.

(Note: I'm not suggesting Rumble and Brett were involved in this singing - I simply have no idea)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One guy was thrown out at the back, left of the goal. He shouted a pretty offensive racist comment, aimed at their number 10, and was removed some 10 mins later, presumably having been reported by somebody else in our stand. Fair play to whoever it was.

I should stress this was NOT brett or rumble - this was a completely different part of the stand. Possibly the stories / reasons for the various ejections got mixed up?

This other guy's comment was loud enough for plenty of people to hear, including Joel Lynch who was right by us. He turned round looking seriously pissed off, and after being calmed down by Alex Revell, they went and sat in another part of the stand. Wasn't our finest moment, it has to be said.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Does sound a tad ludicrous, has to be said. Mendoza and Rumble? shurely shome mishtake? ??? Time for the wronged parties to go on the ATTACK? After all, we're going to be locked in a deadly embrace with cheltenham for the foreseeable, maybe time for the injured parties to lay it on thick and demand free upgrades to hospitality etc etc.. (Not that there's any etc etc to be had, other than maybe an official apology)

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
There was a steward there today who, lets be generous, is seriously big boned...we were chatting with him on the way in, he seems like a pretty decent bloke, certainly no reason to abuse him.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
There was a steward there today who, lets be generous, is seriously big boned...we were chatting with him on the way in, he seems like a pretty decent bloke, certainly no reason to abuse him.

I always get bored half way through reading your posts.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Thank you algie, I don't usually bother reading yours at all.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
I was sitting in front of the two "racists", and I can confirm, there was absolutely no racist chanting / language at all.

I did not observe Oaf falling over, or knocking over any drinks. He was on his best behaviour. The same cannot be said for Rumble who stole a garden fork from a deli!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It's all very well saying that Brett isn't the sort of person to be thrown out of a ground....But RUMBLE?!:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here