• Fence sitter

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
KinkyNormanBaker said:
A bit like hart and robinson then?

Least he was left footed and would have put it in the box when given the time and space el abd had yesterday

No Jones was ABSOLUTE shite at this level pretty well every time he played, the definition of headless chicken is complimentary to the chicken in comparison

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Uncle Buck said:
(Webb 73), .

This does not suggest the quality of football at Yeovil is very high.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
El Abd has been one of the performers of the season since he came back in, and he plays down the right in case you hadn't noticed so what's being left-footed got to do with it? Watson, who played on his wrong foot, was very unusual.

Hart always looked pretty comfortable at right back anyway, and wouldn't be the first footballer ever to drop deeper as age and injuries catch up with him.

Personally, I'd rather see Lynch at left-back but he's not used to going forward which is possibly why McGhee prefers Reid, particularly for a home game. Left back is a problem, but neither of the players you're looking at through rose-tinted specs were better than what we have.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
No Jones was ABSOLUTE shite at this level pretty well every time he played, the definition of headless chicken is complimentary to the chicken in comparison

Again a bit like Robinson then?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
trueblue said:
El Abd has been one of the performers of the season since he came back in, and he plays down the right in case you hadn't noticed so what's being left-footed got to do with it? Watson, who played on his wrong foot, was very unusual.

Hart always looked pretty comfortable at right back anyway, and wouldn't be the first footballer ever to drop deeper as age and injuries catch up with him.

Personally, I'd rather see Lynch at left-back but he's not used to going forward which is possibly why McGhee prefers Reid, particularly for a home game. Left back is a problem, but neither of the players you're looking at through rose-tinted specs were better than what we have.

Because if there was a left back reid would have been playing there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
KinkyNormanBaker said:
Again a bit like Robinson then?

No Robinson has the time to prove himself, and I believe he might still.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I think he means Reid would be playing at right back if we had a left back.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If there was a left back at the club he would have been playing at left back yes?

Means reid at right back yes?

But due to not having a left back we have a shambles of a defence down the flank

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Why is Rents not given a chance?

He is too old for the youth team now.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I don't think Cobbs is ready yet.

I don't know why Rents is out of favour. I presume he is fit.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
KinkyNormanBaker said:
Scunthorpe?

No, that's what we have got to look forward to AWAY in the FIRST round of the FA cup next season.

and we'll probably lose again, hitting the post and bar 17 times, like last time.

KinkyNormanBaker said:
If there was a left back at the club he would have been playing at left back yes?

Means reid at right back yes?

But due to not having a left back we have a shambles of a defence down the flank

Scapegoater, what goals did we concede down the left flank yesterday? :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
looks like times are a changing and the Mcghee lovers are decreasing. His real test will come when we are in this position in league one next season.

KinkyNormanBaker said:
We lost the game because of instead og going for the kill at 2-1 mcghee failed to bring another striker on.
Absolute cack - we were creating good chances to win the game.

Presumably you would have disrupted that, emptied our midfield and allowed the superior Leicester players to get control of the ball again. Brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here