• Mcghee IN!

Votes: 122 50.2%
  • Mcghee OUT!

Votes: 99 40.7%
  • Fence sitter

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters

Don Tmatter said:
I said to my boy at half time,'now we'll find out what McGhee's made of, he needs to go in and tear into them and make tactical changes here & there(i.e go to 3 at back,push Reid into midfield) and they should come out fired up for the 2nd half.'
You didn't think we came out fired up for the second half? We dominated it!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Goring Gull said:
You think i'm joking??? NO, No i'm saying what will happen.

I am glad that I am not the only one that can see that happening as I am told that I am miserable but I believe the writing is on the wall we are in quick fall mode.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I've tried not to be pesermisitic but i look at what we have and the fact we will still have no money next year, possible decrease in Season ticket holders, hassle for non season ticket holders to get tickets, atmosphere, or lack of it at withdean. Players wanting to leave.

Doesn't add up to a lot.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm pretty pessimistic about our chances of staying up like a lot of people.

But I just think it's far too simplistic to sack McGhee. In fact, we could leave ourselves with someone far worse and then what happens? Could go into freefall.

If we go down and are struggling to make an impact by November of next season then I think it would be fair to judge him. Until then, we should give him our support.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
You didn't think we came out fired up for the second half? We dominated it!

Marginally, and as you would expect against a team happy to sit on a two-goal lead. But how many saves did Douglas make? One? What tactical changes did McGhee make? Less than that.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
One positive to come out of all of this, is the in fighting is ceasing and the masses are coming together to oust McGhee.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
In... not the time to oust the man... and who could we get in at this stage of the season who could do better?...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
vulture said:
8 votes 8 outs at last the lardy jock clown is being found out

8 out of 8 want him out - and this was posted at 17:00 yesterday!

You lot got back from the game quick!!!

I see it's a bit closer now the rest of us have voted!

Repugnant Toad said:
Marginally, and as you would expect against a team happy to sit on a two-goal lead. But how many saves did Douglas make? One? What tactical changes did McGhee make? Less than that.

And what exactly TACTICALLY were we doing wrong in the second half? I saw us get a goal back and come agonisingly close on 3 other occasions. What would you have done maestro? Gatting after an average first half came in to the game big time towards the end. Robinson was rightly brought on and gave us greater movement and pace up front. All the while we persisted with the bold attacking, two-winger 4-4-2. What the feck else could we have done without sacrificing our control of midfield and the likes of Frutos/Carole/Gatting who were making a mark? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Agonisingly close? After the goal I can only recall ONE shot on target! Leicester had more chances than us!

I would have sacrificed Reid and gone to three at the back, pushing CKR up front with Gatting and Robinson, as it happens.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Repugnant Toad said:
Agonisingly close? After the goal I can only recall ONE shot on target! Leicester had more chances than us!

I would have sacrificed Reid and gone to three at the back, pushing CKR up front with Gatting and Robinson, as it happens.

4 shots on target and 1 off target.
Perhaps you blinked then?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Yorkie said:
4 shots on target and 1 off target.
Perhaps you blinked then?

Did you honestly think any of them were going in?
If you're going to quote stats, how many games have we won this season, that is the only stat that matters?

We were poor, why can't you just come out and say it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
n1 gull said:
Did you honestly think any of them were going in?
If you're going to quote stats, how many games have we won this season, that is the only stat that matters?

We were poor, why can't you just come out and say it.
I admit we were poor. I have done on other threads since Saturday.
I just pointed out that Toad was wrong on that post.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thank God the knee jerk reaction of Saturday pm when 75% wanted MM out is gradually being overhauled by the realists who know there is no quick fix

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here