Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee Stays - OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
chez said:
Please dont start slagging DK now. Im not even going into the reasons why this guy should be givcen the keys to the city. If it wasnt for him, we wouldnt even be discussing this. In fact we'd both probably be on the Spurs board!!

I'm not slagging him off.

I'd just like to know how you and the others would feel about how good the manager is if DK was the one that wanted him out.

Yoda

English & European
My first coment on the situation.

Ok, he's staying, lets see how we start next season. If need be get rid because I can see them going with Dean Wilkins as manager at some point.

My Main concern is: What does this mean in terms of the Blooms and their investment this summer? Are they still going to put the money in or not because they wanted Mark McGhee out?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
gerbil said:
Exactly the anti McGhee feelings. It's not just 1 or 2 it's alot more than that.

I'll bide my time and have this conversation with the likes of you London Goon etc when we're struggling at Xmas and then you can tell me just how good a decision it was to keep him on.

If we're not in the play offs at xmas then by all means sack him, the team will be underachieving if this is the case and I will admit that I was wrong. Hopefully if we are top or challenging by xmas you will do the same thing.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I would be suprised if we are in the top 7 by xmas.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
chez said:
If we're not in the play offs at xmas then by all means sack him, the team will be underachieving if this is the case and I will admit that I was wrong. Hopefully if we are top or challenging by xmas you will do the same thing.

Fiar enough IF and it's a very big IF we're top 5 or 6 by Xmas I will eat humble pie but I honestly can't see it.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Brighton till i die said:
f***ing brilliant news. Just goes to show that not EVERYONE in football is fickle!!

:)
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Well done Mark, now show a large number on NSC what a load of fickle bankers they really are and take us back up. Best man for te job in our current circumstances still by a country mile. :clap2: :drink:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How many other 3rd division teams have a manager, an assistant manager and a first team coach? No wonder we're skint.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
dougdeep said:
How many other 3rd division teams have a manager, an assistant manager and a first team coach? No wonder we're skint.

You just keep renewing your season ticket

D

Deleted member 2719

chez said:
For me yes. But I get the feeling some "fans" arent going to let this lie and will be on McGhee & the teams back from the first game of the season. Probably even pre season thinking about it.

I am sure there maybe a minority at him but i feel the fans were more than patient with him last year - as i have previously said i will give the new setup untill xmas and that should be more than enough for a manager that already knows the the players inside out

The main thing i would like to see is - progress i don't mean winning games i mean how he handles tactical situations and the team playing more exciting footie with a have ago attitude.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Dont think that this news will tempt anyone wavering over a buying a season ticket into rushing to the ticket office.:nono:

Mouldy Boots said:
To the MM in brigade - i trust the boards decision and have a fresh outlook at whether MM is the man and if he is man enough to listen and take on any new ideas Deano may have.

The Mouldy Promise: ;)

I promise to give MM untill christmas to see if improvements have been made and if not i will shout for his removal again and if we are playing storming entertaining football i will admit i was wrong will any in boys admit if they are wrong ?

To Dk and the board the only possible compromise - well done for that.

:albion: :albion: :albion:

Good man Mouldy. I trust you are now quietly dropping this idea of a boycott - that's sensible, but it's clear that you love the club from what you said about A&K so you shouldn't cut your nose off to spite your face and not see football at Withdean just because you have big doubts about McGhee.

I wearily suspect that the debate between fans will continue along the same battle-lines next season, only this time over what is an acceptable League 1 season for the Albion - but there you go :)

If we are in relegation danger next season I don't think there will be a debate about McGhee's position and the "McGhee in" brigade will I reckon have no qualms about that. But it's just not going to happen because McGhee has a great track record in League 1, even if next season might have to be a transitional one integrating yet more of our talented recent youth players.

Expecting another promotion straight away is way over-optimistic - after all, didn't Silent Bob show in a recent post that, in recent years, only two teams have done that, Gradi's Crewe and McGhee's Brighton. Not surprisingly, it looks like both these managers will be given the chance to do so again but it will be a tall order to repeat the trick.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbils said:
Not if i dont rate him no.

If he was a player and made the mistakes he made last year there would be a Henderson style witch hunt after the man.

There was such a witch-hunt, but it got beaten by Dick Knight. Now take your immodium like a good Spurs boy and don't whinge about the outcome or wanting to have the boardroom battle replayed on a Monday :wave:

Albaman

Equatorial Splitter
Apr 22, 2006
Singapore lah
I just hope now a decision has been made that everyone is behind the team :albion: come the start of the season, no matter what their view of the manager is. We ultimately have a young squad who will need time to settle!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
There was such a witch-hunt, but it got beaten by Dick Knight. Now take your immodium like a good Spurs boy and don't whinge about the outcome or wanting to have the boardroom battle replayed on a Monday :wave:

Whinge? sorry you mistaken my posts for yours when this whole thing broke and you though Mcghee was going :lolol:

Kinky Gerbils said:
Whinge? sorry you mistaken my posts for yours when this whole thing broke and you though Mcghee was going :lolol:

Go on, complain to Richard Scudamore about McGhee - it might work this time :wave:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Pack it in kids. There's a separate section for squabbling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here