Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee Stays - OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
At last an announcement! :clap2:

Hopefully we can sort out re-signing some of those out of contract players now.

:clap2: :bounce:

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
The Northstander said:
Any news on the new shirts yet?

:clap2:

The current shirts will be staying although the white one will be promoted up to away shirt and the maroon one will also be kept.The logo will crack and wear off in no time as of recent so basically nothing changes .

:jester:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Great news. I am glad the club have stuck with McGhee but have also been proactive by promoting Wilkins. Lets hope this means we can sign up some players early this pre season rather than leave it until the last minute.

Mark McGhee's Blue and White Army :clap2:

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
Interesting comment from Knight about better Wilkins being promoted with the Albion and not another club.

Someone posted that Wilkins had been offered a first team job with Coventry. Think they may have been right.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well done Deano next move top spot.

It will be interesting to see whether MM can handle a Coach with ambition underneath him maybe it will push him on to prove people like myself wrong - go on mark show me i'm wrong.

Will Deano have any influence on Substitutions can't wait to see.

Maybe we will have some proper entertaining footie next year now.

I am sure the board will be keeping a close eye on MM from now on.

To the MM in brigade - i trust the boards decision and have a fresh outlook at whether MM is the man and if he is man enough to listen and take on any new ideas Deano may have.

The Mouldy Promise: ;)

I promise to give MM untill christmas to see if improvements have been made and if not i will shout for his removal again and if we are playing storming entertaining football i will admit i was wrong will any in boys admit if they are wrong ?

To Dk and the board the only possible compromise - well done for that.

:albion: :albion: :albion:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
tommy boy said:
so who's in charge of the youth team now?
We no longer have a youth team as they will all be 1st team regulars next season....transfer budget...NIL, I reckon.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
fleet said:
Not good news, but the best thing in the circumstances. We can't have any more delay

My sentiments also. Though McGhee needed to go, the lack of certainty was a major problem. Hopefully his lingering influence won't obstruct our chances of recovery too much.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Blimey more chiefs than indians!!
McGhee
Wilkins
Booker
White
Bragg
Hinshelwood
Keeley
Stewart
Stewart's female assistant

Good job we can afford all these pay cheques.!!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Virgo's Haircut said:
Why has the thread title changed?

I said MAGOO not f***ing MCGHEE.

Change it back please.

If someone wants a bleedin' official announcement make the thread yourself, don't edit mine.

:angry: :angry:

No such person as Magoo associated with the Albion though is there, hence your spelling must have been a mistake.

BTW. Brighton dont need fans like you next season, go and support Reading or someone.

D

Deleted member 2719

chez said:
No such person as Magoo associated with the Albion though is there, hence your spelling must have been a mistake.

BTW. Brighton dont need fans like you next season, go and support Reading or someone.

Calm down Chez everything is rosy now isn't it?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
chez said:
For me yes. But I get the feeling some "fans" arent going to let this lie and will be on McGhee & the teams back from the first game of the season. Probably even pre season thinking about it.

So you tell someone to go and support Reading? :dunce:

I won't be getting on their backs next season because I'm not going while he's manager :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
chez said:

And you reckon you can justifiably say that, do you, quite possibly to someone who has been a Brighton fan for decades? Simply because they choose not to support the manager?

Last edited:

chez

Jul 5, 2003
gerbil said:

:tosser: right back at ya. No matter what your feelings about McGhee, from now on everyone should be getting behind him and the team not still slagging him off. Do you think that us pro McGhee fans would have booed the team & the next manager had McGhee have been sacked? No, of course we wouldnt, you just move on and carry on supporting your club.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
And you reckon you can justifiably say that, do you, quite possibly to someone who has been a Brighton fan for decades? Simply because they choose not to support the manager?

As far as Im concerned the manager is the talisman of the team, if you're not supporting the manger then you're not supporting the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here