Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee Stays - OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't Dean Wilkins more demanding and ruder about players than McGhee? I'm sure I read something about him tearing the youth team off a strip after they had won at Blackburn??

Not that I care but it seems the "don't upset the players" stick is used to beat MM by his detractors. Will they feel the same about DW doing it???

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
blockhseagull said:
Thats certainly how it sounded, especially the bit about him about him forwarding his career here rather than at another club

Thought what Dick said was spot on though. We are in a transitional period, we do need to strengthen 1st team coaching, we do need to improve our scouting network. The club have really positive action. Will be interesting to see how it all goes.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I think this is good news!

We now have an experienced manager and a bright, young first-team coach who has worked wonders with the Youth team. I'm sure he will greatly influence the way we play and team selection.

It guarantees nothing of course and who knows what the season will bring? It would be stupid to predict anything but I am optimistic. (Some people seem to be able to predict excatly what will or won't happen given a new striker/new manager etc. If they are so good at sporting predictions they must be very rich men!)

Can we now please stop the endless whinging on here with interminable threads devoted to blaming McGhee/Dick Knight/Sven/McClaren etc for everything including the weather?
I'm exaggerating, of course, but that is how NSC has seemed for weeks and weeks. We got relegated. (We have been before and, sometime in the future, we will be again just as one day we will be promoted again). We can all argue the reasons for it over and over again and still there will be totally conflicting views.

Let's get over it and move on.

I know most posters on NSC are totally passionate and faithful fans. Managers and players are transient. Brighton and Hove Albion are forever and they will have my total support as much in 25 years time as they did 45 years ago.

Come on!

Last edited:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Icy Gull said:
Isn't Dean Wilkins more demanding and ruder about players than McGhee? I'm sure I read something about him tearing the youth team off a strip after they had won at Blackburn??

Not that I care but it seems the "don't upset the players" stick is used to beat MM by his detractors. Will they feel the same about DW doing it???

hasn't done Alex Ferguson much harm over the years!!!!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Les Biehn said:
Thought what Dick said was spot on though. We are in a transitional period, we do need to strengthen 1st team coaching, we do need to improve our scouting network. The club have really positive action. Will be interesting to see how it all goes.

I think it is a good positive action, of course the MM outers will moan and bitch, but i believe this will help MM and i think a fresh voice and new outlook is what MM needs to help him.

Whatever people say MM does know how to get out of this league

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:

After the Blackburn game he did make comments about the team as a whole, but he did not single out individual players.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
I'm pleased it's over and done with - the longer it dragged on I found myself wanting McGhee to stay - and I wanted him out after the Millwall game! I'm glad Dean Wilkins has got some recognition.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Knotty said:
I think this is good news!

Can we now please stop the endless whinging on here with interminable threads devoted to blaming McGhee/Dick Knight/Sven/McClaren etc for everything including the weather?

I blame then for Trescothick getting out just after he got 100!

Albion Rob

I can't say the thought of another season with McGhee at the helm really enthuses me or inspires me with confidence.

Was it really less than a fortnight ago that the most of the players ran out at Withdean and played like they couldn't give a toss?

In fairness, he has got a track record of getting sides out of England's third tier -let's hope he is under orders to prove what he can do sooner rather than later.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Forgot to say that I think this is excellent news :clap: :clap:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
good news that finally sorted.

Perhaps we can all move on now and at least give the Manager our backing.

Fresh start

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here