Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee Stays - OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Dean Wilkins becomes first team coach and White chief scout.

Is that true? If so what will be his precise role? Do you think he will have imput into team selection?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Can I just say I am not suprised we have taken the cheap option

Ok get behind the team now, by the way MM is manager, Wilkins 1st team coach, White is scout so what is Bookers role?

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Why has the thread title changed?

I said MAGOO not f***ing MCGHEE.

Change it back please.

If someone wants a bleedin' official announcement make the thread yourself, don't edit mine.

:angry: :angry:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Is that true? If so what will be his precise role? Do you think he will have imput into team selection?

In theory McGhee still picks the team.

It seems to be the compromise situation. Lets hope the youth side of things does not suffer.

I guess Vic Bragg steps up a rung as well and Dean White gets more Christmas trips to Katowice to stock up on cheap vodka for the office party.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
but will Bloom now put any money into the club or will the "buy a player fund" be zero?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Dies Irae said:
but will Bloom now put any money into the club or will the "buy a player fund" be zero?

even if he does the player fund will be zero as the money will go on Admin

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It will be very interesting to see what the job descriptions are that go with those titles. Best case is Wilkins picks the team!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I'm just relieved and pleased that it's been sorted. The unnecessary delay showed me a situation even more terrifying than McGhee staying - that of letting things smoulder on until all our potential signings had whittled past us, giving him yet another excuse for next season.

Here's to the coaching staff putting things right over the summer and getting us straight back up

flying_p.gif

UP THE ALBION

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
LI predicted this. I think it is a good thing, just a bit confused about the precise roles of Wilkins and Brooker. Hopefully Bragg will step up and the Tank master will be giving him a hand. The youth are important and hopefully they will keep on coming but at a time when we have given pro contracts to so many it seems an apt time for Wilkins to step up.

Should see the players contracts get sorted out very shortly.

Last edited:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Was the long delay a clever plan to make us all see this as good news on the "at least the wait is over " ticket?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
About time they made a decision. Now lets get on with gettign a team together,

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Interesting. Does this mean DW will be doing most of the coaching but MM in charge of picking the team and tactics etc? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here