Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee Stays - OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
chez said:
:tosser: right back at ya. No matter what your feelings about McGhee, from now on everyone should be getting behind him and the team not still slagging him off. Do you think that us pro McGhee fans would have booed the team & the next manager had McGhee have been sacked? No, of course we wouldnt, you just move on and carry on supporting your club.

He is staying - overjoyed, for me and the other anti mcghees nothing changes his mistakes mean Brighton will starting the new season in league 1 and not the championship, he is a very lucky man to keep his job.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
chez said:
:tosser: right back at ya. No matter what your feelings about McGhee, from now on everyone should be getting behind him and the team not still slagging him off. Do you think that us pro McGhee fans would have booed the team & the next manager had McGhee have been sacked? No, of course we wouldnt, you just move on and carry on supporting your club.

Who on here has ever said that they would boo him??

And no I don't think everyone should get behind him.

If you wanted him out then it would be a bit hypercritical to start singing his praises now don't you think?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well now we have a decision respect it and get behind the team.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
chez said:

Well said.At least give the new set up a chance before getting the knives out.McGhee has made a few mistakes but it's a new season and a fresh start for everyone.If things don't look good by xmas then i'm sure Dick Knight will come under a lot of pressure

Last edited:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Kinky Gerbils said:
He is staying - overjoyed, for me and the other anti mcghees nothing changes his mistakes mean Brighton will starting the new season in league 1 and not the championship, he is a very lucky man to keep his job.

OK, thats your opinion and Im not going to say he was faultless, BUT he is going to be in charge for at least the start of next season so why not bury the hatchet and get behind him, the team and what they are collectively trying to achieve.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
chez said:
OK, thats your opinion and Im not going to say he was faultless, BUT he is going to be in charge for at least the start of next season so why not bury the hatchet and get behind him, the team and what they are collectively trying to achieve.

lm not going to suddenly get behind a manager I dont rate, am I?

chez

Jul 5, 2003
gerbil said:
Who on here has ever said that they would boo him??

And no I don't think everyone should get behind him.

If you wanted him out then it would be a bit hypercritical to start singing his praises now don't you think?

Nobody as far as I can see actually said they would boo him, but with the anti McGhee feelings still around it would only take a winless opening day, no matter how unlucky to set the anti McGhee brigade off.

OK dont sing his praises, but IMO encouragement and getting behind him isnt being hypercritical.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
chez said:
As far as Im concerned the manager is the talisman of the team, if you're not supporting the manger then you're not supporting the team.

So you can go to every game, sing from start to finish and applaud the players off when they've been stuffed again, but if you dare to criticise the manager, you're not supporting the team?

Figures.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
chez said:
Nobody as far as I can see actually said they would boo him, but with the anti McGhee feelings still around it would only take a winless opening day, no matter how unlucky to set the anti McGhee brigade off.

OK dont sing his praises, but IMO encouragement and getting behind him isnt being hypercritical.

Exactly the anti McGhee feelings. It's not just 1 or 2 it's alot more than that.

I'll bide my time and have this conversation with the likes of you London Goon etc when we're struggling at Xmas and then you can tell me just how good a decision it was to keep him on.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
chez said:
Why not?? After all his job is to make your football team a success. Dont you think he should get encouragement?

Not if i dont rate him no.

If he was a player and made the mistakes he made last year there would be a Henderson style witch hunt after the man.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It doesn't matter what that potless prick Dick Tight says, the fact is that Magoo has lost the support and confidence of at least 50% of the supporters. I don't envisage a MASSIVE protest at todays news more a 'Won't be going again till that lardy Jocko joke is sacked'.
I think todays news has killed stone dead any hope of an increase in season ticket sales and not many people will be looking forward to the start of the season in August.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Kinky Gerbils said:

If he was a player and made the mistakes he made last year there would be a Henderson style witch hunt after the man.

That's a good point FAKE.

With the Dick Knight walks on water attitude on here it makes me wonder whether if DK didn't want to keep Magoo on what a lot of peoples opinion of the manager would be then.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:

See this is where we differ again. A player that is doing his best should IMO opinion never get booed, no matter how shit he is. Yeah you can criticise after the game but never at the game by way of slagging off, booing etc.

FFS I even supported Richard Tiltman!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
chez said:

FFS I even supported Richard Tiltman!!!!!!!!!!!!

And with that remark all your credibilty went out of the window.:shootself

chez

Jul 5, 2003
gerbil said:
That's a good point FAKE.

With the Dick Knight walks on water attitude on here it makes me wonder whether if DK didn't want to keep Magoo on what a lot of peoples opinion of the manager would be then.

Please dont start slagging DK now. Im not even going into the reasons why this guy should be givcen the keys to the city. If it wasnt for him, we wouldnt even be discussing this. In fact we'd both probably be on the Spurs board!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here