Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee Stays - OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Kinky Gerbils said:
Sorry again, you seem to be making out that I have been whinging about things that happened on Sunday?

Kinky on Sunday - you can just make out the K on the back :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

spurs5an.png

D

Deleted member 2719

London Irish said:
Good man Mouldy. I trust you are now quietly dropping this idea of a boycott - that's sensible, but it's clear that you love the club from what you said about A&K so you shouldn't cut your nose off to spite your face and not see football at Withdean just because you have big doubts about McGhee.

No i am sticking by my guns that he should have been removed and i will not be going to the withdean untill i see that he is a manager who can learn by his mistakes (which in my eyes he did not do last season).
I will not be calling for his head this side of xmas if he delivers the goods!

As i have said all the matches i would have been able to attend i will hold those funds untill he proves he is good manager by gaining a new contract from the board. - if he gets a new contract or is sacked i will then put the monies into the A&K fund.

I don't want him wasting my money on the wrong players.

Like i have said prove us wrong Mark.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Great news! Now you'll all see.:clap:

Mouldy Boots said:
No i am sticking by my guns that he should have been removed and i will not be going to the withdean untill i see that he is a manager who can learn by his mistakes (which in my eyes he did not do last season).
I will not be calling for his head this side of xmas if he delivers the goods!

As i have said all the matches i would have been able to attend i will hold those funds untill he proves he is good manager by gaining a new contract from the board. - if he gets a new contract or is sacked i will then put the monies into the A&K fund.

I don't want him wasting my money on the wrong players.

Like i have said prove us wrong Mark.

Well, I'm genuinely sorry to hear that and I hope you will change your mind, but I'll shut up now because I know I'll be the least likely person to convince you to do that :)

D

Deleted member 2719

London Irish said:
Well, I'm genuinely sorry to hear that and I hope you will change your mind, but I'll shut up now because I know I'll be the least likely person to convince you to do that :)

Perhaps all those polls about you maybe a little harsh.

:kiss:

royals1871

May 12, 2006
mcghee

from a reading fan, you should be pleased mcghee is staying!

why are there people moaning about him staying? whoever was in charge this season would have got you relegated!

mcghee is proven at league one level and will take you straight back up next season, if not at the latest the 07/08 season

mcghee angered a lot of fans with his lack of loyalty in the past with us and also leicester but he has learned from that and wouldnt jump ship again

mcghee did a great job at reading 93/94 season and we played great football, mark my words you are in good hands!!!

Re: mcghee

royals1871 said:
we played great football

This is what I hear from loads of Royals fans during my frequent trips to the Madjet, that although they regard him as a disloyal shit, they admit his team played very attractive football. I find it odd when I read some Brighton fans claiming otherwise for his spell at Reading at least.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Re: mcghee

royals1871 said:
from a reading fan, you should be pleased mcghee is staying!

why are there people moaning about him staying? whoever was in charge this season would have got you relegated!

mcghee is proven at league one level and will take you straight back up next season, if not at the latest the 07/08 season

mcghee angered a lot of fans with his lack of loyalty in the past with us and also leicester but he has learned from that and wouldnt jump ship again

mcghee did a great job at reading 93/94 season and we played great football, mark my words you are in good hands!!!

Finally some sense, shame it takes someone from the outside to see what a good job McGhee has done here.

royals1871

May 12, 2006
From the history of Reading FC

"..until the arrival of John Madejski in 1990 and Mark McGhee as manager soon revitalised the club. Under their leadership, Reading became committed to a policy of attractive, attacking football. Steady progress, including a flourishing youth scheme and the introduction of several international players to the first team, led to the Royals becoming Division 2 Champions in 93-94"

He left us for Leicester Xmas 94 but we continued the good football for the rest of the season and ended up 2nd, losing in the traumatic play off final to Bolton...the only season where only 1 team automatically went up!

He can do this again for Brighton, and I'm sure he wouldn't leave for another club this time!

D

Deleted member 2719

royals1871 said:

"..until the arrival of John Madejski in 1990 and Mark McGhee as manager soon revitalised the club. Under their leadership, Reading became committed to a policy of attractive, attacking football. Steady progress, including a flourishing youth scheme and the introduction of several international players to the first team, led to the Royals becoming Division 2 Champions in 93-94"

He left us for Leicester Xmas 94 but we continued the good football for the rest of the season and ended up 2nd, losing in the traumatic play off final to Bolton...the only season where only 1 team automatically went up!

He can do this again for Brighton, and I'm sure he wouldn't leave for another club this time!

I'll tell you what perhaps we could do you a straight swap and have Coppell back as your so keen on him.

:D

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bouncebackability:lolol:

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
royals1871 said:

Thank you nice too see someone outside, mentioning his good league 1 record. McGhee IN.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bye bye AJ:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here