Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mcghee slates ckr

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And as for your last comment... really? You'd rather have a man who's a better cricketer than he is footballer playing for us than someone who'll be playing in a European Championship semi-final tonight? I suppose your ideal lineup would be Kuipers and ten Charlie Oatways (perhaps one for each of his names) then?

It was VERY SLIGHTLY tongue in cheek, but considering I have made it very clear that this comparison I am making is of Gatting against the CKR we had [complete with attitude problems and complete lack of effort], then it still stands.

You'll do well to find a post on here where I've anything positive to say about Oatway as a player, and I was always a Hendo man [though I have warmed to FDM more recently].

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's where you lose it for me. I might not agree with everything you've said, but I can see the logic behind it. That's just f***ing stupid whatever way you look at it.

:rolleyes:
I've made no bones about pointing out that my views of CKR are not objective in any way, and are severely clouded by my dislike of the little chav.

I was joking about the ten men though.

Probably.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For someone who gets quite precious when his favourites are criticised, you've had a few TARGETS yourself haven't you?:lolol:

No, I haven't acually.

Whilst you won't find posts where I've praised Oatway's 'skills', you won't find posts attacking him either. I'm not like that - my Mum taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all*.

*she wouldn't mind me making an exception for CKR though, as she thinks he's a little shit, too.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
It was VERY SLIGHTLY tongue in cheek, but considering I have made it very clear that this comparison I am making is of Gatting against the CKR we had [complete with attitude problems and complete lack of effort], then it still stands.

You'll do well to find a post on here where I've anything positive to say about Oatway as a player, and I was always a Hendo man [though I have warmed to FDM more recently].

Fair enough then, I imagine there's some on here who would actually like ten Oatways - work hard, run around a lot, nice person etc in the team rather than players who might not be all of the above but might be able to do things like show skill and score the occasional goal.

Henderson is another fine example of a good player utterly crucified on here - in my opinion he was and remains better than Kuipers, but certain people who'd back the FDM over God himself effectively hounded him out of the club after that admittedly horrific error at Bournemouth.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I see you completely ignored the list of 'fans favourites' I posted Mr Badger.

Care to comment on it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well off the top of my head you called Racon a "retard" last season. Would your mum have liked that?!

That was an uncharacteristic OUTBURST, posted literally five minutes after the final whistle of a game that effectively ended our season, for which I subsequently apologised.

Very, very different from a constant campaign of abuse that some of our players are subjected to on here, you'll agree.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
First paragraph, totally agree. I'd go further and say there are people on here who would LOVE it if we had a team like that. As long as they're hard working and don't say nasty things that's great. Don't worry about little things like footballing ability or even being able to pass a ball.

Second paragraph :wave:

Yes, I thought we might disagree there! My view is that yes Henderson f***ed up and we got decent money for him so in the end it might have been for the best, but some people insisted on calling him shit, saying he didn't care etc etc. The look on his face at the end of that game and also the invading the pitch against Bradford when we scored the last minute winner told me that he did.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's not all about CKR though is it. He's gone, let's move on. It's about any player who shows a glimmer of being hard to handle having the fans on his back, yet people with a fraction of the talent (who know they won't ever get another pro club) showing a good attitude and the fans loving him. Ok, it's all about opinions, and if you get turned on by a hard-working but ultimately limited pro then good on you, but I'd rather have a bit of flair.

In the near 30 years I've watched the Albion, the fans favourite players have included;

Peter Ward
Steve Foster
Steve Penney
Terry Connor
John Crumplin
Clive Walker
Dean Saunders
Garry Nelson
Peter Smith!
Ian Chapman
Bobby Zamora
Nicky Forster
Tommy Elphick

I'd say there was a very even split between flair and effort, there.

There

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Yeah, I wouldn't say he didn't care, just that he was useless. Or if not useless, he was prone to mistakes let's say. You just can't get away with that as a goalkeeper. There was a time when literally EVERY goal we conceded was blamed on him, even ones he had nothing to do with, and that was wrong, but overall £150k for him was a RESULT.

What about mistakes Kuipers makes though? He seems to be absolved within moments...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Excuse me. This is the CKR bitchfest. If you are going to kick off a Hendo v FDM bitchfest, start a seperate thread! :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here