1066gull

dwayne said:
things will not change till that twat is gone

....it ain't rocket science
Dwayne, come here you fat peice of shit so I can say I love you.:clap:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
and I don't buy the crap about ...no money, no chance etc etc, we've never had money and other managers have done better without it.

The simple fact is he should have got sacked at the end of last year - swallow ya pride DK and get rid of the fat clueless twat.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Re: Re: Mcghee out

Adriodinho said:

Im not fat Adrie

you're the fatty around here.

Re: Re: Mcghee out

Adriodinho said:

:lolol: Thread closed

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
And as I understand it its not DK's call any more as he is not the majority share holder at the club, almost a cosmetic chairman. The Bloom family, Tony, Ray et all, now hold power and history proves they are not scared of binning a manager at the drop of a a hat, just ask Chris Cattlin or Alan Mullery.
And with them in charge don't be surprised if Barry Lloyd were to return to the club in some kind of role.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
10 games. Give the man 10 games. Let's see where we are then. If we're not top and 10 points clear then he's got to go!

Aug 2, 2004
SW France
I'm not one for jumping on bandwagons...but....have we not heard all these statements with boring regularity over the past two seasons..re wanting a target man and a couple of defenders....needless to say we will have to "make do with what we've got".
Is there perhaps a major problem with the club's scouting system in that we seem to unearth unheard of shite players who come for a couple of trial games and get binned?
Other clubs have not been so useless at adding to their squads,that,in my opinion is down to the manager's bad management!:smokin:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If any of you moaners are stupid enough to think McGhee doesn't want to sign anyone or can't find anyone to sign that's your problem. It is blindingly obvious that the board are not giving him the money to pay the wages required for better players than we have.

Harty's observation fills me with dread, things can only get worse:down:

Ray Bloom is associated with the dark days at this club, and did not cover himself in glory when he could have made a difference, the events at the end of last season should tell you something....

Last edited:

Taxi

Jul 10, 2003
Littlehampton
Seagull over SW France said:
Is there perhaps a major problem with the club's scouting system in that we seem to unearth unheard of shite players who come for a couple of trial games and get binned?

I think the problem with the club is going for players who are never going to sign Shipperley, Dichio, Thorne and now Horsfield. Why would any of these want to play for Brighton?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
A fairly typical kneejerk reaction to one result taken out of context with the others.

Nobody wanted him out after we beat Colchester but now, after what was for some their third game in 4 days, he should be removed. I wonder what would have happened if the results were the other way around - would a 4-1 defeat at Layer Road and a 1-0 win at MK have been seen as more acceptable?

As for bringing in new faces, we could have signed about 6 by now if that was all that was required. Fortunately our manager sets rather higher standards than that. I don't know if we will get our 3 new players, but I don't think it will be for want of trying.

What really annoys me about this thread is that it seems motivated by the fact that we lost to a lower-league side - with no credit given for the other results. We all laugh at Leeds with their 'we should be beating teams like Brighton' attitude, but it seems we're no better.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Taxi said:
I think the problem with the club is going for players who are never going to sign Shipperley, Dichio, Thorne and now Horsfield. Why would any of these want to play for Brighton?

Quite. We're either wasting our time with players out of our league to make it look like McGhee's doing something productive, or bringing in shite non-league players who are never going to make a difference. There's a whole field of players in between the two extremes for whom a move to Brighton would have to be attractive, but we're ignoring them again and again.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Harty said:
And as I understand it its not DK's call any more as he is not the majority share holder at the club, almost a cosmetic chairman. The Bloom family, Tony, Ray et all, now hold power and history proves they are not scared of binning a manager at the drop of a a hat, just ask Chris Cattlin or Alan Mullery.
And with them in charge don't be surprised if Barry Lloyd were to return to the club in some kind of role.

Wise words Harty, how are you doing now anyway ? Y

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Icy Gull said:
If any of you moaners are stupid enough to think McGhee doesn't want to sign anyone or can't find anyone to sign that's your problem. It is blindingly obvious that the board are not giving him the money to pay the wages required for better players than we have.

The point is the board have never given managers this money, and they have managed to attract good players to the club. Players don't want to play under McGhee!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I don't think there's a problem with players not wanting to play for MM, but the only way you can test that statement is by getting a new manager in. The problem we have is that we need to be sure that the players we bring in are better, or offer different options, to those we have. So far we've looked at several who would be just squad players - so why sign them just so that we can say we've brought in another 4 or 5.

I'm also concerned about the type of player we're going for and our chances of getting them. I hope it isn't Dick Knight putting his media skills to good use and trying to appease the fans with talk of Dichio and the like. Still, nothing ventured.....

D

Deleted member 2719

Harty said:

Barry Lloyds Blue + White Army :clap:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Harty said:

Dean Wilkins assistant manager?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here