Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghee out

D

Deleted member 2719

British Bulldog said:
Dean Wilkins assistant manager?

I am liking the sound of this a proper BHA managerment set up that understands the fans and one we could trust and get behind.

:clap2: :clap2:

caz

Aug 10, 2005
dwayne said:
things will not change till that twat is gone

....it ain't rocket science

Being saying this most of last season.
Wilkins should be manager.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Whatever happened to this supposed 100k we had last season to sign someone which has now mysteriously disappeared...
Think Dk has lost the plot and is now turning into what he said would never happen at this club again..it seems whatever he says goes...

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Icy Gull said:
If any of you moaners are stupid enough to think McGhee doesn't want to sign anyone or can't find anyone to sign that's your problem. It is blindingly obvious that the board are not giving him the money to pay the wages required for better players than we have.

Harty's observation fills me with dread, things can only get worse:down:

Ray Bloom is associated with the dark days at this club, and did not cover himself in glory when he could have made a difference, the events at the end of last season should tell you something....
top post fella

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
empire said:
top post fella

players on loan are not going to break anyones bank. it's setting unrealistic targets that has been our downfall.

this year we should be trying to sign Championship squad members on loan not high-profile, senior pros.

what i see from MM is a lack of any kind of imagination in the transfer market. if he can't sign famous, ageing players he doesn't seem interested.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Harty said:
And as I understand it its not DK's call any more as he is not the majority share holder at the club, almost a cosmetic chairman. The Bloom family, Tony, Ray et all, now hold power and history proves they are not scared of binning a manager at the drop of a a hat, just ask Chris Cattlin or Alan Mullery.
And with them in charge don't be surprised if Barry Lloyd were to return to the club in some kind of role.

Ian, Ian, Ian.................

DK has never been the majority shareholder. He was, and still is the major shareholder (that is to say the biggest single shareholder).To be the majority shareholder you have to hold the majority of the shares - i.e. 50.1%. The most he held was 49.5%. This startd to drop when new investors came in (including Ray Bloom - which you publicly criticised).

I think they should have got rid of McGhee - but can understand that they may have felt it unwise to spend money on paying him off when there was a better than fair chance he may turn it round this season. However his constant inability to attract players (either through his ability or players views of the club) is tiresome. The money - limited though it may be - is obviously there.

Whilst here, as DK is not the major power at the Albion - can we blame the Blooms for the mayo testimonial shenanigans? I'd heard the blame actually falls fairly largely at the manager!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Mcghee out

DJ Leon said:
Absolutely, he's got great experience and a great track record. :shootself
So giving a young but highly rated coach a chance is worse than having a manager with great experience (of being shit) and a great track record (of being shit)? :lolol:

Jim D said:
A fairly typical kneejerk reaction to one result taken out of context with the others.

Nobody wanted him out after we beat Colchester but now, after what was for some their third game in 4 days, he should be removed. I wonder what would have happened if the results were the other way around - would a 4-1 defeat at Layer Road and a 1-0 win at MK have been seen as more acceptable?

As for bringing in new faces, we could have signed about 6 by now if that was all that was required. Fortunately our manager sets rather higher standards than that. I don't know if we will get our 3 new players, but I don't think it will be for want of trying.

What really annoys me about this thread is that it seems motivated by the fact that we lost to a lower-league side - with no credit given for the other results. We all laugh at Leeds with their 'we should be beating teams like Brighton' attitude, but it seems we're no better.

Indeed so :clap: :clap:

The whingers were nowhere to be seen a couple of days ago in the aftermath of the win over the U's. They will disappear once again when we make a decent start this season.

Last edited:

Repugnant Toad said:
Quite. We're either wasting our time with players out of our league to make it look like McGhee's doing something productive, or bringing in shite non-league players who are never going to make a difference. There's a whole field of players in between the two extremes for whom a move to Brighton would have to be attractive, but we're ignoring them again and again.

Like WHO? :thud: Why would we IGNORE any players who could help us out :nono: :nono:

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
London Irish said:
Indeed so :clap: :clap:

The whingers were nowhere to be seen a couple of days ago in the aftermath of the win over the U's. They will disappear once again when we make a decent start this season.

And hopefully when we do well this season they will f*** off for good. :wave:

Harty said:
And with them in charge don't be surprised if Barry Lloyd were to return to the club in some kind of role.
There you go McGhee outers, that's your future if McGhee goes.

Still looking rosy then? :lol:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
El Presidente said:
CKR
Frutos
McShane
Henderson
Trolley
Currie

not my point at all. i'm not questioning players he has signed. i'm suggesting he is wasting time/resources signing unrealistic players when their are plenty of others to choose from.

like lloyd dyer for instance.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Mcghee out

Silent Bob said:
So giving a young but highly rated coach a chance is worse than having a manager with great experience (of being shit) and a great track record (of being shit)? :lolol:

Whatever you personally think about McGhee, there's nothing whatsoever that backs up your suggestion that he has a bad track record.

He was originally hired specifically because DK felt he had a great track record of getting teams out of this division. We then got promoted.

So he has experience and a decent track record. And yes that OBVIOUSLY makes him the better choice than Wilkins. Of course we have a great record in promoting from within and ignoring experience don't we - Jeff Wood did well. Hinshelwood was excellent too.

If your so keen to ignore experience though, tell me, apart from the good record of the youth team, what else does Wilkins bring to the table? What kind of a man is he? Is the risk of inexeperience worth it for some obvious reason?

I bet if Wilkins was appointed and failed spectacularly you'd be on here complaining bitterly about what a stupid decision it was to give him the job.

Hopefully Wilkins will prove himself further this season and eventually become a great manager for the club. It's hard to see how he's worth appointing now though.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mcghee out

DJ Leon said:
I bet if Wilkins was appointed and failed spectacularly you'd be on here complaining bitterly about what a stupid decision it was to give him the job.
How much? :)

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
London Irish said:
There you go McGhee outers, that's your future if McGhee goes.

Still looking rosy then? :lol:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: hopefully this post will shut the McGhee haters once and for all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here