Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghee out

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:
There you go McGhee outers, that's your future if McGhee goes.

Still looking rosy then? :lol:

And how would you know what Barry Lloyd is like?

He was WAY before your time fella.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
In fairness Lloyd hasn't been near a league club since he left here. Having said that I might say that I wouldn't mind betting that if NSC was around when he was he'd be getting the same sort of abuse as McGhee is now. He wasn't a bad manager given the benefit of hindsight, few Brighton managers had to work under such difficult circumstances. However Gary Nelson's book doesn't present him in a flattering light but there again Mark Lawrenceson's book doesn't do Alan Mullery any favours either.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
bhaexpress said:
In fairness Lloyd hasn't been near a league club since he left here. Having said that I might say that I wouldn't mind betting that if NSC was around when he was he'd be getting the same sort of abuse as McGhee is now. He wasn't a bad manager given the benefit of hindsight, few Brighton managers had to work under such difficult circumstances. However Gary Nelson's book doesn't present him in a flattering light but there again Mark Lawrenceson's book doesn't do Alan Mullery any favours either.

but we cant use peoples books as evidence according to some.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Kinky Gerbils said:
but we cant use peoples books as evidence according to some.

Agreed but that works both ways doesn't it ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It dos but if you use it to say Mcghee isnt that loved in football its deemed as rubbish, but if it praises him its got to be true.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mouldy Boots said:
Barry Lloyds Blue + White Army :clap:

if that happens, i am off to charlton

that man must never be allowed to manage my club again

D

Deleted member 2719

London Irish said:
There you go McGhee outers, that's your future if McGhee goes.

Still looking rosy then? :lol:

I would have Lloyd over McGhee any day have you forgot he took us to the play off final for what is now the Premiership.

Against all odds, the way we spanked Millwalls arses at home first leg and then beat them at the old Den.

Could never see a team of McGhee's playing that type of football at home first leg-it would be let's not let any away goals in and cruise to a 1-0 win.

:nono:

McGhee has the name but lacks any talent and will never do as well for the Albion as Lloyd did, the only thing he did to upset me was to tell Nelson that he wasn't playing that day the way he alledgedly did.

:albion:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Mouldy Boots said:
I would have Lloyd over McGhee any day have you forgot he took us to the play off final for what is now the Premiership.

Against all odds, the way we spanked Millwalls arses at home first leg and then beat them at the old Den.

Could never see a team of McGhee's playing that type of football at home first leg-it would be let's not let any away goals in and cruise to a 1-0 win.

:nono:

McGhee has the name but lacks any talent and will never do as well for the Albion as Lloyd did, the only thing he did to upset me was to tell Nelson that he wasn't playing that day the way he alledgedly did.

:albion:

Read Gary Nelson's 'Left Foot Forward', he has a very different view of Lloyd.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dies Irae said:
if that happens, i am off to charlton

that man must never be allowed to manage my club again

Why ? He did a great job under far more difficuly circumstances.

D

Deleted member 2719

bhaexpress said:
Read Gary Nelson's 'Left Foot Forward', he has a very different view of Lloyd.

I have read it and the way he told Nelson he was dropped for the final was not very good - but there was nothing else there that sticks in my mind about how he managed the team badly.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Mouldy Boots said:
I have read it and the way he told Nelson he was dropped for the final was not very good - but there was nothing else there that sticks in my mind about how he managed the team badly.
Couldn't agree more but up until quite recently Lloyd was Public Enemy No. 1.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Mouldy Boots said:

Is it worth a read?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Dyer who played with MK dons last night was one of the players magoo was after.Either
1)Magoo cant get the players in
2)Magoo has both hands,feet tied behind his back

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Kinky Gerbils said:
Is it worth a read?

Yes, very much so. His second book which although I have read I can't remember the title mentions a certain Charlie Oatway who at that time was plying his trade at Torquay who Gazza managed.

Aug 2, 2004
SW France
My God you lot talk a load of crap!!!
Do you really think that after a good tonking by a side managed by MARTIN ALLEN (there's someone who slipped through our fingers!) I'm going to jump on the bandwagon?
No, but I will pose a question...........I was a police officer for 25 years...every year I was given an assessment on my previous year's performance.........just like anyone in the public sector..........on MM's performance since he came here,do you think you would have kept your job??? :albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here