Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghee out

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As Doug says Lloyd got in several players for nothing who where sold for a fair bit, Small and Nogan spring to mind.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If Harty's in favour of Lloyd then that's a real turnround considering how GullsEye pilloried him over the Cattlin sacking. I'm sure I remember any number of GE front covers with some sort of cartoon featuring Lloyd. And if you think we've got trouble getting players here at the moment we'll seem like Chelsea compared to life under him.

Doesn't anyone remember the Richard Tiltman vs Dean Saunders issue? Expect to see signings from Worthing, Bognor & Lewes.

But don't worry, just so long as we get rid of McGhee eh?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jim D said:

But don't worry, just so long as we get rid of McGhee eh?

There are some on here so entrenched in their bigoted views against MM that they'd cheer anyone as a replacement for McGhee, including Lloyd.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Icy Gull said:
There are some on here so entrenched in their bigoted views against MM that they'd cheer anyone as a replacement for McGhee, including Lloyd.

Not really, it's just most managers have done better than MM.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
paddy said:
Not really, it's just most managers have done better than MM.

Who?

I'll give you Adams, despite only succeeding at the lowest level. You can't have Taylor though, he won promotion with an inherited team and then flounced off when a real challenege came. So who else?

Case?
Horton?
Brady?
Wood?
Hinshelwood?
Gritt?
Coppell?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DJ Leon said:
Who?

I'll give you Adams, despite only succeeding at the lowest level. You can't have Taylor though, he won promotion with an inherited team and then flounced off when a real challenege came. So who else?

Case?
Horton?
Brady?
Wood?
Hinshelwood?
Gritt?
Coppell?

and Mcghee didnt win promotion with an inherited team?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Kinky Gerbils said:
and Mcghee didnt win promotion with an inherited team?

It's a fair argument, but then again that only puts him and Taylor on a par - other than the fact that Taylor didn't even have the bottle to attempt staying up in the Championship.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
DJ Leon said:
It's a fair argument, but then again that only puts him and Taylor on a par - other than the fact that Taylor didn't even have the bottle to attempt staying up in the Championship.
You could argue however that he knew he could walk straight into another job, I doubt McGhee would still be here if that was the case with him but then you could hardly blame him.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Trigger said:
You could argue however that he knew he could walk straight into another job, I doubt McGhee would still be here if that was the case with him but then you could hardly blame him.

Very true. :clap: :clap:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Trigger said:

I think that Taylor knew he could get a better job. Not sure McGhee could. I still don't doubt that he'd get another job fairly easily though. Whatever anyone thinks of him, his overall managerial record isn't that bad.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
It was May 2002 and Taylor thought he would get a summer job with the England squad in Japan and then take his pick of the clubs afterwards. Both didn't happen and he took Hull out of desperation.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If McGhee does get the bullet is it worth getting rid of Booker and White as well.Fresh start for Wilkings or a new manager.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here