Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghee out

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Seagull over SW France said:
My God you lot talk a load of crap!!!
Do you really think that after a good tonking by a side managed by MARTIN ALLEN (there's someone who slipped through our fingers!) I'm going to jump on the bandwagon?
No, but I will pose a question...........I was a police officer for 25 years...every year I was given an assessment on my previous year's performance.........just like anyone in the public sector..........on MM's performance since he came here,do you think you would have kept your job??? :albion:

Good point. If the club had the money to pay him off, he would be long gone by now. He is on borrowed time.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Seagull over SW France said:
My God you lot talk a load of crap!!!
Do you really think that after a good tonking by a side managed by MARTIN ALLEN (there's someone who slipped through our fingers!) I'm going to jump on the bandwagon?
No, but I will pose a question...........I was a police officer for 25 years...every year I was given an assessment on my previous year's performance.........just like anyone in the public sector..........on MM's performance since he came here,do you think you would have kept your job??? :albion:

1st season: Promoted via play-offs

2nd season: Avoided relegation, beat the likes of Leeds and West Ham despite having the second lowest budget in the division. Club ended up in it's highest position since 1991.

3rd season. Sold two players for £2million, spent about 1/10 of that and club relegated as insufficient funds to attract better players.

I am not a big McGhee fan, but if you were assessing him with facts, as opposed to emotion, then he has done a fair job, not brilliant, but the likes of Coppell, Taylor and Adams did not fancy operating under those constraints and so left because of.......money.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Tom Hark said:
That promotion fell into his lap. It's been downhill ever since.

Really, remind me how well we performed under Bob Booker when Coppell jumped ship in October?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
bhaexpress said:
Why ? He did a great job under far more difficuly circumstances.

no he bloody well didnt...some of you have very short memories.

We had one decent season under LLoyd, which was the playoff season...apart from that it was abject misery.

In fact, it was due to LLoyd that my father stopped going and unfortunately he died before we came back to Brighton from Gillingham so I have no love lost at all for LLoyd.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
bhaexpress said:
Yes, very much so. His second book which although I have read I can't remember the title mentions a certain Charlie Oatway who at that time was plying his trade at Torquay who Gazza managed.

Left foot in the grave?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Dies Irae said:

We had one decent season under LLoyd, which was the playoff season...apart from that it was abject misery.

In fact, it was due to LLoyd that my father stopped going and unfortunately he died before we came back to Brighton from Gillingham so I have no love lost at all for LLoyd.

what about the season we went up from the 3rd?

87/88 wasn't it?

that makes 2 in my book.

I'd have Barry Lloyd over Magoo any time you like.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Please god no not barry loydd.:down: :down: :down:

Attachments

• emuchecking.jpg
    emuchecking.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 116

Not A Fake Gerbil said:
And how would you know what Barry Lloyd is like?

He was WAY before your time fella.

So here's another one who wants Barry Lloyd back - that's Harty and you so far. Any more? :lolol:

Repugnant Toad said:
As before, Dyer, Mayo, Graham to start with.
Dyer - we have been chasing

Mayo - why is he in League 2 if he's better than Joel Lynch

Graham - pass

Igoe - grandad.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:
So here's another one who wants Barry Lloyd back - that's Harty and you so far. Any more? :lolol:

Could you tell me how you came to that conclusion from reading what I said?

Or is it another one of your oh so funny condescending attempts at a put down? :nono:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
Mayo - why is he in League 2 if he's better than Joel Lynch
I'm not a big fan of Mayo but it's obvious Joel Lynch is a centre back, he's not natural carrying the ball forward from fullback. Defensively he's superb.

London Irish said:
Graham - pass
Why?

London Irish said:
Igoe - grandad.
If he's a grandad at 30, what does that make Butters, Chippy, and Oatway? ???

Not A Fake Gerbil said:
Could you tell me how you came to that conclusion from reading what I said?

Or is it another one of your oh so funny condescending attempts at a put down? :nono:
Well it got a rise out of you sourpuss so it did its job :wave:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dies Irae said:

And of course we had a promotion under him too, who has the short memory here ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Lloyd was in a no win situation, his mandate was to cut expenses by over 50% and bring in freebies. Considering he had no money to play with he did OK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here