Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McFauls blasts Wilkins' "terrible man-management skills"

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
This is not true, however some on here are basing their own arguments against Wilkins on these inaccuracies.

If you READ my post, at no point did i claim George OC, Bas and Hammond slagged off WILKINS.

:)

Last edited:

If players within the current first team squad felt that Wilkins was in some way a negative force within the club, they wouldnt be such an effort from the club to keep him, no doubt.

Such an effort? They offered him a job as coach but they have hardly been pleading with him to stay have they?

I questioned DW's man management skills previously and you conveniently ignored me while defending everything else, now a player has come out and said similar things and you dismiss it as sour grapes. I think you need to pull your head out of the sand and accept that as good a coach as he may be he is NOT a manager.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
it was dick that bas george and dean had the problem with - i think that micky may see a different dick that he left 7 years ago

Last edited:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
My word!

I started reading all the posts,but stopped because in my opinion - correct,of course -(see below),it might be expected that disgruntled players will give such interviews.

Gruntled players rarely do,in my experience.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
no i think that was just bas - George didn't like the contracts saga with chairman/player

Forgot to mention Dean !! He was the same as Bas BUT i put a lot of it down to their agents!!

George was always gonna go back home anyway. He didn't like it here

3,000 posts up :thud:

Last edited:

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Forgot to mention Dean !! He was the same as Bas BUT i put a lot of it down to their agents!!

George was always gonna go back home anyway. He didn't like it here

3,000 posts up :thud:

is that why on the sth dvd he said he was loving it here !!!!!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't think I ever heard so many negatives from ex players about an Albion manager and pointing a finger at Naylor would seem the easy option to me. Given the continuing ex player outburst and the sacking of DW would, to me, suggest that all was not well in the club last year.

I am nowhere near as certain that DK did the wrong thing in sacking DW as I was initially...

Naylor is often accused by quite a few on here of trying to undermine the club by having a pop at DK, in this instance it would seem that he is probably doing the exact opposite?

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
This puts a slightly different complexion on the DW v MA story. However, more than a few players were pretty scathing about Mark McGhee when they left so you do wonder if Mr Naylor is not shit stirring slightly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
However, more than a few players were pretty scathing about Mark McGhee when they left so you do wonder if Mr Naylor is not shit stirring slightly.

I remember Trolley's outburst on the phone in but who else actually targeted MM in their complaints and what was it they said about him? I genuinely don't remember.

I recall CKR slagging off the club and LK also slagging off the club but what was said about MM himself?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I remember Trolley's outburst on the phone in but who else actually targeted MM in their complaints and what was it they said about him? I genuinely don't remember.

I recall CKR slagging off the club and LK also slagging off the club but what was said about MM himself?

I think it's a general 'Toys out of pram' situation by all. I have a feeling that some spin has been added if you get what I mean. I wasn't happy and am still not about DW's treatment but on the other hand you have to ask yourself why it happened.

I've also been looking at what MA has done since he left here. At Leicester he had a Chairman who goes through managers like a dose of salts (and you wonder how much of Mandy's behaviour was responsible for the team's relegation). At Coventry they had the same financial situation as Leicester (worrying that given that we are also in the process of getting a new stadium) and at Colchester (also getting a new stadium) it's not so likely that he had much of an opportunity there.

As it is I have now got over the replacement of DW by MA and feel that whatever the reason we as Albion fans have to move on and get behind THE TEAM. There is a huge rift between those who are for DW and those who back MA but at the end of the day Micky Adams is the manager and we need to let bygones be bygones and give him our support.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Players, as Big Gully has intimated, believe they are better than they are and deserve more than they get (generalisation I know - there are bound to be exceptions who aren't like this).

In reality the players will hit out at who they feel has not given them their chance or paid them what they think they are worth. Some may have a case and others may not.

So I hold no more credence to those ex players slagging Wilkins off now than I did those slagging Knight off at xmas. Those who are released will blame the manager albeit who may then direct them to the chairman (McFaul, Reid). Those who didn't get what they wanted in negotiations (O Callaghan who didn't get the offer he wanted before or after his loan spell, Savage and Hammond) may well either in person or via agent, have their say too against the person who led the negotiations (the chairman).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here