Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCammon on the phone-in

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
e77 said:
Are Brighton fans (at Withdean) any worse moaners than other clubs?

Internet wise we are pretty bad, but there are others that are worse

Try the Huddleboard (Celtic) where they are 7 points ahead of Hearts and 20 ahead of Rangers, and it is full of "STRACHAN OUT" threads. Also Jack Army (second in Div 1) has a "JACKETT OUT" thread on it tonight, and others are giving Trundle a rough time of it as he has not scored tonight.

The unusual thing about NSC is that as well as fans, we have players, (Tank, CKR) club officials (Insider) and the fifth estate (Harty) on here too.

the full harris said:
Also interesting that Kerry Mayo also agreed with the point made by the last caller that players can't expect to take the praise, if they can't take the criticism.

Of course, he's talking about measured and balanced criticism, not bloody endless, obsessive witch-hunts! :)

Maybe fans have to take criticism too when they overstep the mark, eh?

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
London Irish said:
Of course, he's talking about measured and balanced criticism, not bloody endless, obsessive witch-hunts! :)

Maybe fans have to take criticism too when they overstep the mark, eh?

Depends how you define overstepping the mark? It's not like people are sending hate mail is it? It's just some shouting on a Saturday afternoon.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
El Presidente said:

Try the Huddleboard (Celtic) where they are 7 points ahead of Hearts and 20 ahead of Rangers, and it is full of "STRACHAN OUT" threads. Also Jack Army (second in Div 1) has a "JACKETT OUT" thread on it tonight, and others are giving Trundle a rough time of it as he has not scored tonight.

The unusual thing about NSC is that as well as fans, we have players, (Tank, CKR) club officials (Insider) and the fifth estate (Harty) on here too.

To be honest if I was a player I wouldn't come anywhere near here or other football message boards! When I have a bad day at the office, the last thing I would want to do is log on and see dozens of people moaning about how bad I was and should be sacked.

I know they are only human but footballers much realise early on that anything they do after they cross the white line is in the public domain and if that really upsets them they are in the wrong job.

E

enigma

El Presidente said:

When has CKR been on here? :dunce:

Stumpy Tim

The funniest thing was that Harty said that Trolley isn't good enough for this level and he would say that to his face. And then Trolley rang in to complain & Harty said he didn't say that at all, just that he wasn't good enough to get in the team at the moment as he isn't fit. I found it funny that Harty wouldn't even say it to him over the phone. Imagine if he had the chance to say it to the 6 foot million big lad's face. He'd be saying he's good enough for Brazil!

He knows he's leaving, and he made some excellent points & told the fans some home truths. Apart from Sunderland at home, probably his best performance came tonight on the phone-in

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
enigma said:
When has CKR been on here? :dunce:

When he was called a t*** by someone on here (a whole thread of it in fact) and went to the Seagulls over London meeting and the first thing he said when he walked in the room was,'I am not a t***'

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
brightonfan_86 said:
Mark Mccammon talked alot sensed tonight.
How would you know?

Whether you like McCammon or not, you've got to give him credit for coming on the radio. Would have been better if he'd been there with Harty though.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Stumpy Tim having listened back to the feed on SCR I suggest you try and do the same because a bit like Mr Alistair Campbell , who was sitting in front of me in the press Box, you have put a bit of spin on this.
When the lady phoned up and said McGhee had fallen out with McCammon I stated that whilst I thought he was a really good bloke off the pitch on it I didn't he was up to the standard of the Coca Cola Championship, and said I was prepared to say that to his face.
When he came on and challenged me as to why I thought this I said as a paying customer it was my opinion, he then went into the tirade about not being match fit and not being given a chance, which whilst I have a degree of sympathy is part and parcel of not only football but life in general.
My final point was to ak him that if he was fit and given the chance to play could he score the 8 or 9 goals that could keep us in this league, he indicated he could, to which I replied "Prove me wrong then", which from where I'm sitting indicates that I still go by my original statement, but also bearing in mind the hole he might have dug for himself given that Mark McGhee tapes the phone-in.
Take into account Stumpy Tim that I'm not writing a fanzine any more I'm working for the BBC and by that fact even I have to adhere to certain guidlines when dealing with guests or callers.
But one final point to stand by what I said I will donate £25 to the Chestnut Tree House Childrens Hospice in Worthing for every goal Mark scores in the Championship, regardless of what team he is playing for, and if he doesn't score any I will give my final weeks, Stoke at home, BBC money of the season to the hospice instead.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
El Presidente said:
1. Since when has some fat middle aged bastard calling you a "Useless wanker" been a shareholder?

2. Saying you have had differences is not the same as 'making a mockery'. He explained his position about not wanting to drop a division. Harty slagged him off, surely in a democracy he is entitled to a right of reply, which SCR gave him.

I just thing he has a thing about BURNLEY, as it was there last season that he was kicked off the coach, and tonight he decided to give it back to Harty.

Remind us again why you were booted out of University Dwayne, and you have turned it round, so perhaps McCammon can too. I doubt it, but we have no choice for the rest of the season.

1) Shareholder would = the fans in this case

2) McGammon told a female programme seller before the match that "the gaffer doesn't play me cos he doesn't like me" and he didn't deny saying that on Harty's show.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dwayne said:

2) McGammon told a female programme seller before the match that "the gaffer doesn't play me cos he doesn't like me" and he didn't deny saying that on Harty's show.

Strange that he should be his boss at Millwall and then bring him to Brighton if he didn't like him.
Denying something actually gives it credence.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yorkie said:
Strange that he should be his boss at Millwall and then bring him to Brighton if he didn't like him.

It was definitely said Yorkie. This girl is employed by the club and wouldn't risk her job for a call to a phone in.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:

and to spend 100k on him then 15 to bring him to Brighton, maybe its still a broken relationship from Burnley.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
trueblue said:
True, Mcghee does keep swapping and changing forwards.

But if one of them scored (or even looked like scoring) a bloody goal occasionally, I;m sure MM would be delighted to leave well alone.

Chickens, eggs and all that. If a pairing were given a run in the team, they'd be a lot more likely to score occasionally - you lessen your chances swapping every game.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dwayne said:
It was definitely said Yorkie. This girl is employed by the club and wouldn't risk her job for a call to a phone in.

A part time job selling programmes once a fortnight? ???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
dwayne said:
1) Shareholder would = the fans in this case

1. Fans are not shareholders they are customers, they may be addicted and brand loyal, but still customers.

2. Saying that McGhee does not like him is not slagging off the manager.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yorkie said:
A part time job selling programmes once a fortnight? ???

It's still a job. I'm just more inclined to believe her because I can't see why she would bother to make it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here