Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCammon on the phone-in

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Silent Bob said:
Say it to his face, and don't run away, I bet £10 you'll get a kicking.

That might be a blessing in disguise. He still wouldn't get in HMP's team though:lolol:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
McCammon is a disgrace.

Fortunately, after that he'll be sacked for mis-conduct.

Professional footballers always bang on with 'you can't criticise until you've played the professional game'. f*** off, if supporters didn't exist, it wouldn't be a professional game. If they want to take the praise, they've got to take the criticism.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Bizarrely I found myself agreeing with McCammon. He isn't good enough for this level but it did highlight to me the issue that forwards need a run of games to score goals. All of them lack in confidence because they know they could be subbed, or out of the team next week. Look at Zamora. We all know he has the talent, but its only been since he has had a run of games in the Premiership that he's scored the goals. All forwards need this, and in a way McGhee should just decide on his best pairing and leave them to get on with it. Beats me who that pairing is, but I'm sure its not Carole/Hart together.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
the full harris said:
McCammon is a disgrace.

Fortunately, after that he'll be sacked for mis-conduct.

Professional footballers always bang on with 'you can't criticise until you've played the professional game'. f*** off, if supporters didn't exist, it wouldn't be a professional game. If they want to take the praise, they've got to take the criticism.

I disagree but surely if hes feeling frustrated enough to call the phone in he feels he hasnt got much left to loose!

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Mark McCammon

He did speak sense on Harties Phone In as he has when I talked to him before. As Paul Hayward said this Club is used to having to fight for its existence and it is tiring.

The main thing is that we must stick together and support the team

I must win Euro Millions this Saturday and invest in the Albion! Otherwise lets hope that both Marks pull us through the rest of the season

The other point that he made - that whinging fans bring down team morale and affect performances - is something that a lot of people should listen to.

Interesting that Kerry Mayo was more or less saying the same thing. The fans are part of the team. Maybe some of us should be loaned out.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Lord Bracknell said:
The other point that he made - that whinging fans bring down team morale and affect performances - is something that a lot of people should listen to.

Interesting that Kerry Mayo was more or less saying the same thing. The fans are part of the team. Maybe some of us should be loaned out.

Maybe they should do something to lift the fans?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Loan me out to Barcelona. :wave:

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Did anyone tape the phone in? Shit i missed it, i'd like to listen to that

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Lord Bracknell said:

Can I go to a premiershit club.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Lord Bracknell said:
And Magoo doesn't bring down team spirit when he starts having his hissy fits about the players to the press?...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Lord Bracknell said:

Maybe the players can start paying us to watch tepid dross then....as we're all one big happy team and all that.:wave:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I am being loaned to Celtic on April 1

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Trigger said:
And Magoo doesn't bring down team spirit when he starts having his hissy fits about the players to the press?...

But it doesnt work like that, hes the manager dont you know....

Yoda

English & European
seagulls4ever said:
I have to say I'm in full agreement with everything Mark McCammon said.

I'm not. He was saying that no chances were being made. I thought there were at least 5 good crosses into the box tonight, just no one on the end of them. :nono:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
McCammon came across as if he actually believed he was a good player who was being held back by injuries, poor service, criticism from supporters. The whole phone call was just a list of excuses as to why he is so dreadfull at his job (a job that he gets paid more than MOST of us for, partly paid for by us).

Still, glad he went on, he won't play for us again and it'll save my voice. All the booing does my throat right in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here