Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayo to Lewes

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Good signing for Lewes - he should do well there.

He was worth keeping for us. We know he is able to do a job if we are desperate, and he is being paid a pittance - probably not a lot more than the likes of Fogden, Gatting etc - who if we are desperate, may not be able to do a job.

mayoqm3.th.jpg

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
But if DK was in charge of re-signing them, why did he not re-sign his nephew's friend Paul Reid? Surely with DK's supposed 'jobs for the boys' attitude PR would have been top of the list?

That is to make no mention of the fact that Adams has a history (both in this spell and his previous spell, and at other clubs) of bringing in loads of players that he's worked with before... which would just happen to include Mayo and Hart.

We are just into Septmeber and Mayo's already at Lewes, you telling me MA has found out something that he didnt already know 4 weeks ago, however he has used Hart so that surpised me.

As for Paul Reid, I have been told he is also a personal friend of DK as well as his nephew, it wouldnt surprised me if he too was also offered revised terms, however deciding to opt for a return home to Oz.

I know you guy's find this difficult to comprehend, but I am afraid this is how things work at this club.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Going to Lewes for an initial months loan means he will be getting a regular run out which works in the clubs favour if he has to be recalled due to an injury crisis. Kezza and OGH are proven footballers that we can use in a stop gap situation rather than having to rely on loanees who might turn out to be mediocre.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Points of view.....Kerry was signed because he can do a decent job and understands his position at the Albion,at a wage that is afforded.I am sure the Lewes contact was part of the deal. It keeps him fit,it helps Lewes and it gives MA some wages for a loan. If we need him back to tackle Man city,i am sure Kerry can deal with a Brazilian !!!!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Begs the question, why the HELL did we re-sign him? I would rather have Reid back, then Mayo.

I cannot fathom why people cannot see why we signed him.

We don't (didn't) have much cover at left back and he can also cover other positions. He is not taking up much of our budget, and we know what we can do if he is called upon.

No he probably won't play much (at all) but nor will many of the other squad players.

Loaning him out will recoup some of the (little) money we have spent on him, and it will keep him fit.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
We are just into Septmeber and Mayo's already at Lewes, you telling me MA has found out something that he didnt already know 4 weeks ago, however he has used Hart so that surpised me.

As for Paul Reid, I have been told he is also a personal friend of DK as well as his nephew, it wouldnt surprised me if he too was also offered revised terms, however deciding to opt for a return home to Oz.

I know you guy's find this difficult to comprehend, but I am afraid this is how things work at this club.

Yes you are right Gully - i read that Paul Ried had been offered a deal to come back to the club by Micky / Dick but he did turn it down to go back to oz

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No your wrong, I would suspect that the decision was not made by Adams to re-sign either of them, however he accepted their re-signing, there is a difference.

It was our Director of Football that decided to retain them.

I meant "the management" in the wider sense. I'd have used "the manager" otherwise.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Things certainly seem to have taken a depressing turn for the worst in the past week or so.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

You must have a god job within the club to be so adamant about the facts on so many subjects!

However, as the club is doing so many things wrong and so badly, and the chairman is a lying ego-maniac who couldn't care less about the club, how can you carry on working for them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here