Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayo to Lewes

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
It does seem odd timing given that we currently have 4 defenders injured. If he is surpless to requirements when Hinsh, Virgo, El Abd and Hawkins are not full fit, what chance will he get when they are?

richards, livermore, lynch = left backs

id say there is very little chance of him playing centre back, so get him out on loan

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

id say there is very little chance of him playing centre back, so get him out on loan

well we need lynch in the centre, ricards he seems to think is a midfielder, which leaves livermore as cover, and as he actually played him on staurday he must think that it is his preferred position.....therefore technically we have no cover

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Don't forget at the time he was offered the contract, Richards hadn't arrived back.

phil1977

"And now on Whistle Test"
Nov 19, 2004
Bristol
Good luck to Kerry if he does go to the Dripping Pan. Think Lewes could do with some experience and Mayo, I'm sure, will benefit from being match fit. A good decision all round if true!!:clap2::clap2:

reigate

Nov 10, 2005

That was my point. Why sign him at all if he is that far down the pecking order. If he is not in the frame now, will be ever be?

And with the injuries we currently have, Lynch and Livermore may be needed at centre back and midfield, leaving no cover for Richards.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
well we need lynch in the centre, ricards he seems to think is a midfielder, which leaves livermore as cover, and as he actually played him on staurday he must think that it is his preferred position.....therefore technically we have no cover

virgo may be available for saturday, and el abd is playing in the stiffs tonight, which would suggest he may be available as well

richards had a howler at left back in the first half, with both of our goals coming down that side of the pitch, so it was hardly suprising that adams wanted him out of there. in reality, he should have gone off and we should have put loft or fraser on, but that is another matter entirely

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
People can't have it both ways. They moan when we get battered 4-1 at home by Scunthorpe, but they also stick up for people like Mayo. Just because you've worked somewhere for 11 years does not mean you're entitled to a job for life. He's by no means the only one, there are a number of players we should be a lot stricter on and just release, but we seem to be too much of a charity. So, as a football club with a limited budget, if you waste money on 6-8 players who are NEVER going to get in the team then you can't expect to win promotion. Simple really.

I agree with that. Maybe Mayo did slightly more than hart to get a contract, there is no point taking on players that arent going to play.

We kept on players like Gargan, Fogden, Gatting, Hart, Mayo etc, but realistically I dont think they will play 10 games between them

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Good Luck Kerry, that side needs some experience I look forward to seeing you and Cullip in central defence. Live on TV Thursday and the Argus reckons 300,000 plus viewers watch live conference footy.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
People can't have it both ways. They moan when we get battered 4-1 at home by Scunthorpe, but they also stick up for people like Mayo. Just because you've worked somewhere for 11 years does not mean you're entitled to a job for life. He's by no means the only one, there are a number of players we should be a lot stricter on and just release, but we seem to be too much of a charity. So, as a football club with a limited budget, if you waste money on 6-8 players who are NEVER going to get in the team then you can't expect to win promotion. Simple really.

Then your issue lies entirely with the management of the Albion choosing to re-sign him.

Assuming that to be the case your "good riddance" comment still looks woefully mis-placed at best, pitifully vindictive at worst.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Its an extremely valid point .............

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The decision to re-sign him and Hart just gets stupider the more you look at it.

I never understood it at the time & I still dont now, I know they're both on reduced money but I bet both they're wages together would've made up a decent salary for a decent player who would've added something to the squad.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Then your issue lies entirely with the management of the Albion choosing to re-sign him.

Assuming that to be the case your "good riddance" comment still looks woefully mis-placed at best, pitifully vindictive at worst.

No your wrong, I would suspect that the decision was not made by Adams to re-sign either of them, however he accepted their re-signing, there is a difference.

It was our Director of Football that decided to retain them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

course it is.

you really are something...not sure what, but you really are it

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
No your wrong, I would suspect that the decision was not made by Adams to re-sign either of them, however he accepted their re-signing, there is a difference.

It was our Director of Football that decided to retain them.

What? And what makes you think this? So Wilkins was allowed release them (above the head of M Hinsh) but Adams was then forced to re sign them by Hinsh?

I have heard some shit on here, but that is quite fantstic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here